Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Turn 1: First Blood!  (Read 5011 times)

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Turn 1: First Blood!
« on: November 25, 2010, 12:14:03 am »

The year is 13,037. The Earth has long been stripped barren of all ores and so Mars was made fit for habitation and colonized. On this New Earth, combat with giant robots is the wave of the future and is done in a large domed arena for sport. Year round, people gather for the Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness GRAND BATTLE ROYALE. You and five others are the lucky contenders this year, and you enter with your respective mechs for the GREATEST THROWDOWN THIS WORLD HAS EVER SEEN.

I'm gonna assume everyone knows the RtD rules by now, but just in case...

Spoiler: Them Dice (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: DA RULES (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)

Signups are over!. We have hit the maximum of 6 people for this round. We can have an additional 6 people on the waiting list if anyone wishes. These 6 will participate in their own round when this current one is over.

Current Players
FuzzyZergling
MrNuke
Sean Mirrsen
Maxicaxi
Metal Militia
MagusBlack

Waiting List
Jetsquirrel
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 07:18:55 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Signups
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2010, 12:47:17 am »

Mech Name: Rush of Lightning
Mech Appearance: Squat, with six legs and no obvious cockpit or "head". Colored mainly yellow, with black and dark green splotches.
Special Skill: The Rush can speed along the ground and change directions incredibly quickly.
Mech Equipment: Machine guns (four, between the legs on each side), spiked legs, and cannons mounded on the front/back.
Mech SPECIAL WEAPON: Lightning gun, a powerful weapon that unfolds from the back.
Pilot Name: Fuzz Ranger.
Misc: The Rush of Lightning has large legs in proportion to its body, and can jump very high.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2010, 12:49:08 am »

Interesting

Mech Name: The Instrument of Flames
Mech Appearance: Has a very large and bulky look with red, glowing highlets all over its body.
Special Skill: Can burrow underground in an instant, dig underground, and pop back up in an instant
Mech Equipment: Oversized drill (Expands and retracts out of arm), Flame Rockets (Mounted on shoulders), Mini Nuke Grenades (Canister mounted on each arm)
Mech SPECIAL WEAPON: Dual Flamers that shoot not only super-heated metal melting napalm, but an electrical field as well, stunning enemies.
Pilot Name: MrNuke
Background: Has been a pyromaniac since birth. Was sent to jail because of burning down an entire suburb in napalm, and was sentenced to life in the arena. He will keep on fighting until death, since his sentance will never end.
Misc: Has two very large canisters on the mechs back, if shot, will cause the entire arena to be burnt to the ground (Along with ending the forum game as such).
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 05:52:20 am by MrNuke »
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2010, 01:16:56 am »

I'll go for an existing model.

Mech Name: Shadowcat Prime
Mech Appearance: A squattish, but streamlined headless hull with two arms and two long reverse-jointed legs.
Special Skill: Jumpjets allow safe landings and limited flight capability.
Mech Equipment: Dual Medium lasers, Fire-and-forget guided Short-Range-Missile 6 rack, A pair of Machinegun Arrays.
Mech Special Weapon: Heavy Gauss Rifle, a magnetic cannonball accelerator.
Pilot Name: Launchpad McQuack
Misc: The Shadowcat Prime is rather fast for a mech of its size, and its profile minimizes the chance of being hit.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2010, 04:40:08 am »

Mech Name: Infernal
Mech Appearance: Looks like a a giant  spider made out of sleek black metal
Special Skill: Extremly agile (jumps high and moves fast)
Mech Equipment: Digging ''claws'', flame thrower and twin rock launchers
Mech SPECIAL WEAPON: A gauss canon
Misc:
Quote from: Lexicanum
Gauss weapons are magnetically based weapons that break down the target into its component molecules layer by layer and attract the molecules back to the gun at incredible speed.
Lightly armoured
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2010, 04:53:36 am »

Mech Name: Saber
Mech Appearance: Bipedal mech, looks like Eva-00
Special Skill: equipment that raises the pilots reactions to 3times that of a normal human for brief periodes of time. Can be pushed to 5 times but this can have bad side affects.
Mech Equipment: Blades that extend back from the forearms past the elbows, dual pistols and a single shot missiel launcher in shoulder.
Mech SPECIAL WEAPON: Blade handle that is part of the mechs left leg, creates a plasma 'Saber' when activated.
Pilot Name: KitKat
Background: KitKat was brought up on mars by her father after her mother died in child birth. She helped her fater as a mech mechanic and started piloting shortly after.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

MagusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2010, 11:05:40 am »

Mech Name:Deus
Mech Appearance: A large bipedal mech with heavy armor plating.
Special Skill:Adaptive Armor
Mech Equipment: Anti-mech cannon on the right shoulder, Rapid-fire railgun (think futuristic heavy machine gun) on the left forearm, Power sword on the right forearm.
Mech SPECIAL WEAPON: "Angel", an autonomous sub-orbital drone armed with a heavy beam cannon.
Pilot Name: Magus
Background: Magus is a veteran of many wars.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:11:19 am by MagusBlack »

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2010, 12:46:56 pm »

There are six doors on each side of the six-sided arena, and each one opens at the same time. Out of each, a giant mechanical robot steps, a contender for the championship for this year. The crowds cheers get loud enough to drown out everything else as an announcer on a loudspeaker asks for silence.

It's time for the 274th Annual Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness GRAND BATTLE ROYALE! Contestant, prepare yourselves for combat! Are you ready?

Three...

Two...

One...

BEGIN!

The arena itself is large and domed, and the floor is covered in grass and the occasional rocky outcropping tall enough to take cover behind. Flight-capable mechs can easily move around and those stuck to the ground will have ample cover.

You are all located in your own corner of the arena and start roughly 50 feet away from each other. Mech skills like the Infernal's incredible agility will be factored into the combat rolls accordingly. Nothing larger than +1 or -1 per buff/ailment. The combat is ready to begin so...Input your actions and let's rumble, and lets have some fun with this, people!

________________________________________________________________________________________
Spoiler: FuzzyZergling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MrNuke (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sean Mirrsen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Metal Militia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MagusBlack (click to show/hide)

________________________________________________________________________________________

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Turn 0: The Action Begins
« Reply #8 on: November 25, 2010, 12:53:46 pm »

Thr Rush skitters into the nearest cover, and launches cannon fire at the mech to its left.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 25, 2010, 01:27:26 pm »

Run to Mech on the right spraying fire at it from pistols
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

MagusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 25, 2010, 01:40:58 pm »

Get into range of the foe on my left and use the anti-mech cannon. Instruct Angel to watch my back.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 25, 2010, 01:50:59 pm »

Fire the Heavy Gauss and SRM-6 at the mech directly across the arena, prepare to dodge incoming fire.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Jetsquirrel

• Bay Watcher
  • In the end, i will win.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2010, 02:03:49 pm »

So wait this goes in rounds? so if everyone dies then a new round starts with new sign ups right? anyway sign me for a waiting list

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2010, 02:09:37 pm »

I make a massive jump trying to land on another mech, shooting all the way
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2010, 05:26:43 pm »

So wait this goes in rounds? so if everyone dies then a new round starts with new sign ups right? anyway sign me for a waiting list

Yeah, pretty much.

Just waiting on MrNuke now.
Pages: [1] 2 3