Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Turn 1: First Blood!  (Read 5010 times)

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Turn 0: The Action Begins
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2010, 06:20:44 pm »

Sorry...

I burrow underground and dig towards the centre of the arena.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Turn 0: The Action Begins
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2010, 07:18:17 pm »

The Rush skitters into the nearest cover, and launches cannon fire at the mech to its left.

[Attacking roll = 4 vs Defending roll = 2]

The Rush attempts to scamper into the closest rock formation and gets a heavy shot in the chest for it's troubles. The mech is still operational, and continues to the outcropping. It takes aim at the Saber, firing a large volley towards it! [6] The cannon fire strikes true, damaging the Saber's chest area heavily and lodging a cannonball in the mech's right leg (Movement impaired)! However, the remaining balls in the volley strike the ground around the Saber, kicking up a dust cloud that obscures the vision of it. You didn't mean to do that...

Run to Mech on the right spraying fire at it from pistols

[Attacking roll = 5 vs Defending roll = 1]

The Saber charges the Rush of Lightning, spraying both dual pistols as it goes! [2] However, all the shots go wild, harmlessly impacting the kinetic barrier surrounding the audience. A few of them impact the Rush for a small amount of damage to it's hull. A second later, the mech is rocked by cannon fire and a readout indicates the right leg is jammed. However, a dust cloud is kicked up, blocking your view, but it also probably guards you from others...

Get into range of the foe on my left and use the anti-mech cannon. Instruct Angel to watch my back.

[Attacking roll = 5 vs Defending Roll = 4+1 (Extremely Agile skill mod)=5]

The Deus readies the Anti-Mech Cannon on it's shoulder, and takes careful aim at the Infernal...[3] The Deus fires three shots! Two of them completely miss the target, but one strikes the spider-like mech in the right front leg, shearing off the outer armor! This doesn't seem to stop it for long though...

I make a massive jump trying to land on another mech, shooting all the way

[Attacking roll = 3 vs Defending Roll = 4-1=3 (Heavy Armor)]

The spider-like Infernal swiftly jumps high into the air above the Deus! Aiming the twin rocket launchers down, the Infernal fires a large volley of rockets! [1-1(Heavy Armor)=1)] The large volley doesn't even penetrate the armor of the large mech. Even worse, a few of the ballistics actually malfunction! You now have three missiles going towards you while you're still in midair. That can't be good.

Fire the Heavy Gauss and SRM-6 at the mech directly across the arena, prepare to dodge incoming fire.

[Attacking roll = 2 vs Defending Roll = 2]

Holding your position, you take out your Heavy Gauss Rifle and arm your missile pods at the Rush of Lightning...A beep indicates a lock on, and you open fire! [4] The Gauss Rifle impacts the Rush of Lightning, creating a large hole in the center of the mech that doesn't quite go right through. The mech halts for a few seconds before boosting onward. The missiles, sadly, whizz past as the Rush takes cover behind a rocky outcropping.

I burrow underground and dig towards the centre of the arena.

[4]The Instrument of Flames engages its drills and tunnels underground, heading towards the middle of the arena! You can faintly hear gunfire and rockets exploding above you, but you press on. A few seconds later, a beep indicates you're directly under the middle of the arena, where you suspect alot of gunfire is passing through.

Spoiler: FuzzyZergling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MrNuke (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sean Mirrsen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Metal Militia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MagusBlack (click to show/hide)

If I missed anything, feel free to tell me, cause I swear I'm half asleep.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 07:27:13 pm by Krath »
Jizzar sounds some kinda celestial object made of jizz~
Like a quasar or something~

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
Re: RtD: Combat Mech PvP Arena Madness Turn 1: First Blood!
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2010, 07:26:23 pm »

Unleash my lightning gun and cannons on Shadowcat Prime!
If anyone fires on me, skitter around in an erratic fashion to confuse them.

MagusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2010, 10:39:15 pm »

Keep firing at the Infernal.

MrNuke

• Bay Watcher
  • Always the trader...trading you some BLUE STUPH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2010, 11:43:46 pm »

Stick my arm out of the dirt, launch a volley of nuclear grenades in all directions, then burrow away to the east.
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2010, 11:54:30 pm »

Try to hack into the munitions and re route them to fire at the Deus also land

Sean Mirrsen i think it Hilarius that we have two completely different weapons with almost the same name.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2010, 11:58:46 pm by maxicaxi »
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 26, 2010, 12:58:12 am »

Well, since I got lucky with noone attacking me in the first round, manuever behind the nearest cover while spraying machinegun and laser fire at the Rush to cover my retreat.

maxicaxi: I've never heard of the other kind of "gauss" weapons, but it's peculiar, yes.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

maxicaxi

• Bay Watcher
  • Why? I have no idea.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 26, 2010, 01:00:46 am »

Well, since I got lucky with noone attacking me in the first round, manuever behind the nearest cover while spraying machinegun and laser fire at the Rush to cover my retreat.

maxicaxi: I've never heard of the other kind of "gauss" weapons, but it's peculiar, yes.
i simply copied wh40k
I have absolutely no idea what's going on in this fort any more. Migrants arrive, they die for some reason, the fort is flooded for another reason, then dwarves go mad, more dwarves die and I'm just laughing in my distress.
you cannot defeat the potato.

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 26, 2010, 05:00:44 am »

Use the cover provided by the dust cloud to dislodge the cannon in leg and ready the single-shot solid warhead missile launcher at any one that enters through the cloud after me.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 26, 2010, 07:27:25 pm »

Unleash my lightning gun and cannons on Shadowcat Prime!
If anyone fires on me, skitter around in an erratic fashion to confuse them.

[Attacking Roll = 4 vs Defending Roll = 3+1(Small profile)= 4)

The Rush of Lightning unhooks it's Lightning Gun and takes aim...[3] BAM! The arc of lightning strikes the Shadowcat Prime in the machine gun arrays, disabling them for the time being! However, the Shadowcat itself doesn't seem to be too terribly damaged.

Keep firing at the Infernal.

[Attacking Roll = 2 vs Defending Roll = 5-1(In Midair)= 4)

Bringing it's Anti-Mech Cannon up to bear, the Deus fires off more rounds in the direction of the Infernal! However, the sleek black mech somehow dodges the volley, and the ballistics harmlessly impact the top of the domed arena.

Stick my arm out of the dirt, launch a volley of nuclear grenades in all directions, then burrow away to the east.

[Attacking Roll = 4 vs Defending Roll = 4+1= 5 (Inside outcropping)]

Raising a single arm out of the ground, the Instrument engages it's nuclear grenade canisters and fires a volley across the center of the arena! Explosions are everywhere, but the only mech in range is the Rush of Lightning inside it's rocky cover. The nuclear grenades can't hit the Rush, but blow up the stone cover sky-high! After your ammo is spent, you head back underground and burrow to the east.

Try to hack into the munitions and re route them to fire at the Deus also land

[4]Bringing up an interface, you attempt to remotely hack the malfunctioning missiles! It succeeds, and the three missiles turn about and speed back towards the Deus. [Attacking Roll = 5 vs Defending Roll = 1-1(Heavy Armor)= 1]

[4-1(Heavy Armor)= 3]The three missiles impact the Deus in the right arm, denting it's armor. One of the missiles, however, crash against the Anti-Mech Cannon, slightly damaging it! Another hit on it and it might be out of commission. A few moments later, you successfully land on the ground.

Manuever behind the nearest cover while spraying machinegun and laser fire at the Rush to cover my retreat.

[Attacking roll = 2 vs Defending Roll = 4+1(In Outcropping)= 5)

You engage your jumpjets and boost towards the nearest outcropping while spraying at the Rush! Sadly, none of your shots hit, but your firepower combined with nuclear grenades that appeared out of nowhere, blow his cover to pieces. Even better, you quickly get behind cover of your own.

Use the cover provided by the dust cloud to dislodge the cannon in leg and ready the single-shot solid warhead missile launcher at any one that enters through the cloud after me.

[4]You successfully dislodge the cannonball, returning the use of your leg! You quickly ready your missile launcher in case of counterattack, but nothing comes...Oh well.

Spoiler: FuzzyZergling (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MrNuke (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Sean Mirrsen (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Maxicaxi (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Metal Militia (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: MagusBlack (click to show/hide)

Kind of a crappy round, eh?

MagusBlack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 26, 2010, 07:59:25 pm »

Have Angel fire on the Infernal. Get to cover.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 26, 2010, 08:45:24 pm »

Get up close to Shadowcat Prime, and attack with my spiked legs!

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 27, 2010, 12:47:29 am »

Jump up from behind cover and alphastrike Rush, then descend behind cover again.

"Peekaboo!"
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 27, 2010, 05:12:11 pm »

Is the dust cloud still enough to cover my mechs presence?
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Krath

• Bay Watcher
  • I dig giant robots.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 27, 2010, 09:42:34 pm »

Is the dust cloud still enough to cover my mechs presence?

It's still there, but not thick enough to conceal you.
Pages: 1 [2] 3