Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [Help] Finding my abandoned fortress via adventure mode  (Read 1557 times)

arcadia

• Bay Watcher
  • ...trade? No, mister elf. I expect you to die!
    • View Profile
[Help] Finding my abandoned fortress via adventure mode
« on: November 25, 2010, 11:41:04 pm »

I have just made my first fortress in which I survived and dug deeply (and carefully!) enough to locate that "most precious metal". The dwarfs have created entire sets of clothes, armor, weapons and the like - even trading some of the the goods away to caravans. But of course, "fun" happened, and the fortress ended.

I'd like to create an dwarf adventurer, hailing from the Mountain homes to investigate the fortress, but after more than a dozen adventurers created - I just can't seem to find my actual fortress: when I hit Q in adventure mode, the name of my fortress doesn't show up in the list  of regions or sites. Can anyone help my next dwarven adventurer succeed in his quest?

Much obliged.

Bricks

• Bay Watcher
  • Because you never need one brick.
    • View Profile
Re: [Help] Finding my abandoned fortress via adventure mode
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 01:38:11 am »

Well, you should be able to look at the full map in Legends mode, and in Adventure mode, on the travel map, the site of your fortress will show up as Ω's.
EMPATHY - being able to feel other peoples' stuff.

Bronimin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 04:32:57 pm »

-
« Last Edit: June 07, 2018, 04:37:51 pm by Bronimin »

greywar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2010, 02:52:29 pm »

If you know the name of the fortress you can also find it in the "S"ites under the "Q" menu. "Z"oom right to it after that.
I can just imagine dropping reanimated paratrooper werecarp onto unsuspecting towns, and mopping up the new converts to make into even more werecarp paratroopers.