Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What happens if...  (Read 1207 times)

TheMasterTurtle

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a turtle and a master
    • View Profile
What happens if...
« on: November 26, 2010, 05:20:34 pm »

... You kill the guys ruling the age (e.g. The age of the Dragon and the feild titan)

Dae

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: What happens if...
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2010, 05:38:40 pm »

The age changes. I think I remember you have to start a fortress for its name to officially change in legends, though it was a long time ago and I'm not so sure anymore.
But some people have tried to achieve some very rare Ages, like the age of fairy tales or the age of emptiness

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2010, 09:15:23 pm »

The age changes. I think I remember you have to start a fortress for its name to officially change in legends, though it was a long time ago and I'm not so sure anymore.
But some people have tried to achieve some very rare Ages, like the age of fairy tales or the age of emptiness
if you control a mega beast and kill the other title holder you can take that creature's place as title holder and start the age of "Bronze" or Age of "horrible black legged Fairy elf"
but I haven't tried to dump enough companions into a town to build an army of men to raid folks yet so no age of bronze yet.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
  • The High King of Moaning Maidens
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2010, 09:48:31 pm »

How does one learn about these Beasts? Or what the age currently is?

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2010, 09:59:09 pm »

Legends mode.

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2010, 10:01:20 pm »

Again thank you 3. You've been super helpful today.

Johnfalcon99977

• Bay Watcher
  • The Herp Derp Assassin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2010, 12:35:52 pm »

This is not true in the case of a small or pocket world. Every secong age in one of those is "Age of fariy tales"
Also known as the Knowlagable, the Forgetful, and/or the Ignored

Please excuse my horrible awful linguistic skills.

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2010, 12:37:08 pm »

This is not true in the case of a small or pocket world. Every secong age in one of those is "Age of fariy tales"
Has nothing to do with the size of the worlds, what matters is what goes on in that world...

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2010, 01:20:21 pm »

I'm trying to wipe out all sentient life in my current adventure. But they seem to be respawning, how do I get an age of emptiness when the world seems to repopulate?

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2010, 01:46:46 pm »

As far as I know there's some bug (feature?) that makes people respawn indefinitely.
*Hugs*

Urist McUristy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2010, 01:48:47 pm »

I'm trying to wipe out all sentient life in my current adventure. But they seem to be respawning, how do I get an age of emptiness when the world seems to repopulate?
I think the population replenishes, but it used to be where there was a limited amount of people in the world. I don't think you can start an age of emptiness anymore. :l however I may be wrong.

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 02:28:40 pm »

Part of the issue is that a lot of the supposed population doesn't actually exist at the moment; sites and civilisations are made up of a numerical population, but in the case of the (non-existing) mountainhomes and such, the residents simply don't physically exist as there's nowhere for them to be, and are hence impossible to kill off.

Bookdust

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 03:25:01 pm »

Alright well I guess I'm wasting my time. Hopefully it'll go back to limited pops in future release.