Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Dwarfcraft - Dwarf Fortress Texture Pack for Minecraft (v1 Now Available)  (Read 14410 times)

furrot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Hey everyone,

While the debate rages on in general discussion I've decided to try to bring together two of my favorite games in what I think is one of the best combinations since peanut butter and jelly. May I humbly present Dwarfcraft; a WIP texture pack for Minecraft that attempts to give it a DF look and feel. This is part serious homage, part entertaining, and mostly fun. :)

I've really enjoyed learning about Minecrafts skin editing and trying to come up with creative ways to make the 3D blocks look more like their superdwarvenly counterparts.

You can few the thread full of screens and the download link here: http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=91220

Special thanks to:
Toady One the Great - Dwarf Fortress is awesome!
Notch - Minecraft is awesome!
Raging Rodent - Harassed constantly for advice on pixel art and DF tileset info :D

I look forward to your feedback and suggestion. Enjoy!

metime00

• Bay Watcher
  • Adequate Dwarf Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarfcraft - Dwarf Fortress Texture Pack for Minecraft (v1 Now Available)
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2010, 06:57:17 am »

Quick! Somebody dig up that Dwarf Fortress to Minecraft map converter!

heh heh, dig up. Digging joke.
Live long if you can, and prosper by any means necessary.  Any means, Urist.  So pull that lever, or by Armok, I'll lock you outside come next siege.
He who plays with dwarves must take care that he does not become a dwarf.  And when you stare into DwarfFort, Dwarffort stares back into you.

klingon13524

• Bay Watcher
  • The Mongols are cool!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 07:38:14 am »

Sorry to necro this topic, but does it work in 1.0?
By creating a gobstopper that never loses its flavor he broke thermodynamics
Maybe it's parasitic. It never loses its flavor because you eventually die from having your nutrients stolen by it.

Derekristow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2011, 06:44:27 am »

Sorry to necro this topic, but does it work in 1.0?
It should still work, but any blocks added since this was released won't have textures (for obvious reasons).  It doesn't look like it would be too difficult to update it yourself though, and you can paste in the newly added blocks from the default texture file if you just want it playable.
So my crundles are staying intact unless they're newly spawned... until they are exposed to anything that isn't at room temperature.  This mostly seems to mean blood, specifically, their own.  Then they go poof very quickly.