Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616734 times)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1695 on: February 12, 2014, 06:56:45 pm »

Sorry for the double post, this is just too different from my last post.

How would I generate a small island world to be (almost) completely evil?

EDIT: NEVER MIND. MUA HA HA HA HA!

SECOND EDIT: The world I generated has three neutral regions, "the blue murk", "the hill of rips", and "the romantic steppe". Everything else is EEEVIL. This is going to be so FUN.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 07:03:04 pm by Tawarochir »
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: February 12, 2014, 08:29:02 pm »

Sorry for the double post, this is just too different from my last post.

How would I generate a small island world to be (almost) completely evil?

EDIT: NEVER MIND. MUA HA HA HA HA!

SECOND EDIT: The world I generated has three neutral regions, "the blue murk", "the hill of rips", and "the romantic steppe". Everything else is EEEVIL. This is going to be so FUN.

Are there any civs?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: February 12, 2014, 08:31:20 pm »

otherwise evil worlds with small neutral areas will gen at least 1 civ if told to.  They'll find a way.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

RegalStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: February 16, 2014, 03:03:11 pm »

Can a mummy curse twice? I've raided a tomb recently, and managed to got the mummy to curse a companion instead of me, then I walked up to her and killed her after a while. I scrolled through all the combat messages and it doesn't seem like she tried to curse anyone else (notably me), but that's also because I never left the room after she woke up. It would certainly be a lot easier on me if I can lure away the undead, then come back and kill her, but I was afraid that this would give her another chance to curse me.

JOanita

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: February 16, 2014, 04:22:11 pm »

Unrelated Question:
Does rotten clothing loose Armor-Value? my hero has a xMasterworkCloakx - is it still as effeictive as non-rotten-cloak? even if its XXfully rottenXX ?

Mr.Mountain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1700 on: February 17, 2014, 03:21:52 pm »

Does the armor skill apply when unconscious? One of my companions was knocked cold during a kobold ambush, and she just stayed on the floor while a goblin kept bashing her head with his hammer. It just kept saying that the shot was parried, until she got up and OHKO'ed him with her mace.
no one could have anticipated this

Lordraymond

• Bay Watcher
  • Doesn't afraid of anything
    • View Profile
« Reply #1701 on: February 17, 2014, 04:38:11 pm »

what's the fastest way to disable bogeymen? I dunno if there's an option somewhere that I'm missing, but I'm tired of my legendary adventurers dying because on of the little buggers chipped an ankle bone and the wimp instantly passed out from pain.
The question is: how do you profaine a temple dedicated to pure greed?
Give a donation.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: February 17, 2014, 05:09:26 pm »

what's the fastest way to disable bogeymen? I dunno if there's an option somewhere that I'm missing, but I'm tired of my legendary adventurers dying because on of the little buggers chipped an ankle bone and the wimp instantly passed out from pain.
If you want a world completely devoid of bogeymen, you have to generate one with "Number of bogeyman types" set to "0" in Advanced World Generation. However, the only way to avoid bogeymen in exsisting worlds is by travelling with a companion or by spending the night in a safe place.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2014, 05:11:32 pm by Atomic Chicken »
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: February 17, 2014, 05:19:57 pm »

Does the armor skill apply when unconscious? One of my companions was knocked cold during a kobold ambush, and she just stayed on the floor while a goblin kept bashing her head with his hammer. It just kept saying that the shot was parried, until she got up and OHKO'ed him with her mace.

Armor user at the moment determines how much wearing heavy armor will slow you down, it doesn't do anything to determine how effective it is. Legendary armor user with copper armor has as much chance of a steel edged attack getting through as a dabbling armor user in copper armor. The legendary armor user has a better speed and more opportunities to kill the opponent than a dabbler though.

You will gain armor user exp from being hit while unconscious. Wearing armor will apply to blocking attacks while unconscious as much as it applies to stopping attacks while awake. Only difference is unconscious has no other way to block or dodge attacks, so the chance of taking a hit that also goes through armor goes way up because you'll be vulnerable to attacks, especially headshots.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

ancistrus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: February 17, 2014, 05:49:01 pm »

There was a snow devil at a necromancer's tower. Why?

Nathail

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: February 17, 2014, 09:07:11 pm »

I believe necromancers are given the Secrets of Life and Death by demons. Perhaps you encountered the progenitor demon?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: February 17, 2014, 09:10:41 pm »

I believe necromancers are given the Secrets of Life and Death by demons. Perhaps you encountered the progenitor demon?

No, secrets are given by gods. Demons can pose as gods, but AFAIK they cannot give out secrets. Unless they are some form of modded demon.

I've never heard of a demon hiding out at a necromancer's tower before, but I have found them in some odd places, like caves and lairs.

Atomic Chicken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: February 18, 2014, 04:44:45 pm »

No, secrets are given by gods. Demons can pose as gods, but AFAIK they cannot give out secrets. Unless they are some form of modded demon.

I've never heard of a demon hiding out at a necromancer's tower before, but I have found them in some odd places, like caves and lairs.
I once encountered this bug (?) outside a necromancer tower I was using as my adventurer's base on a long-lost save (unmodded and in the latest version). A demon would sometimes spawn there when the site was reloaded, with this occuring at least three times. I've read a handful of similar cases mentioned on the forums, and a demon was reported as having spawned outside a lair in The Museum game, so this does not appear to be caused by a uniquely bugged world as I initially thought. Maybe it's got something to do with how the game handles wildlife populations?
As mentioned in the previous turn, the most exciting field of battle this year will be in the Arstotzkan capitol, with plenty of close-quarter fighting and siege warfare.  Arstotzka, accordingly, spent their design phase developing a high-altitude tactical bomber. 

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: February 23, 2014, 01:17:30 pm »

I dunno. When I cheat with DFhack Dfusion bodyswitching I sometimes get FBs showing up on the surface near lairs. That might be related.

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: February 23, 2014, 02:56:06 pm »

Question: Is there a raw that can be changed to increase the companion cap over 19?
Pages: 1 ... 112 113 [114] 115 116 ... 327