Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616362 times)

blazing glory

Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1710 on: February 24, 2014, 04:27:26 am »

Probably,but do you need more? do you want to fight 100 goblin's in the next ambush?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: February 24, 2014, 03:22:52 pm »

There is no option in the init file or in any of the raws to change how many companions you are allowed.

If you want more followers, become a necromancer and start collecting bodies.

However, the amount of enemies that ambush you will change depending on how many followers you have. More followers will mean more bandits, and it can become overwhelming very quickly. Especially if your companions have low skills.

square

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: March 01, 2014, 05:41:06 pm »

How do I get a mummy to curse a companion instead of me?

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: March 01, 2014, 05:48:28 pm »

Do not bash down the front door of the tomb. Pick the lock instead, otherwise you will have disturbed the tomb.

Do not take items until the mummy is dead. Otherwise you will have disturbed the tomb.

Try not to trigger traps. That may disturb the tomb. I can't vouch for the validity of this one, as I haven't experienced this myself.

Try to get your companion to wake the mummy instead of waking it yourself. If you have not disturbed the tomb, the mummy will stay asleep in its coffin, but getting close to the tomb will always wake it. Try sneaking so that the mummy only sees your companion, and will hopefully only recognize them as the disturber and not you.

square

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: March 01, 2014, 06:57:15 pm »

Do not bash down the front door of the tomb. Pick the lock instead, otherwise you will have disturbed the tomb.

Do not take items until the mummy is dead. Otherwise you will have disturbed the tomb.

Try not to trigger traps. That may disturb the tomb. I can't vouch for the validity of this one, as I haven't experienced this myself.

Try to get your companion to wake the mummy instead of waking it yourself. If you have not disturbed the tomb, the mummy will stay asleep in its coffin, but getting close to the tomb will always wake it. Try sneaking so that the mummy only sees your companion, and will hopefully only recognize them as the disturber and not you.
Ahhh, I didn't know about the looting part. I wonder if corpses count as items. Well, I can test that myself.

Thanks!

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: March 02, 2014, 12:21:03 am »

I've been able to loot tombs without disturbing the dead. After picking the lock I just snuck (sneaked? snook? snake?) all the time and never went anywhere near the coffin. As soon as I found it on the edge of my vision I'd turn the other way and never go near it again. Took items without a problem, triggered a trap once or twice without a problem.

Of course, I always did this without companions, so your mileage may vary.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: March 05, 2014, 05:24:11 am »

Question: Is there a raw that can be changed to increase the companion cap over 19?

I used script from Genesis for that purpose. Companion-order or smth. Forcing your companions to 'wait', then recruiting some new buddies and 'follow' again works fine. But getting over 25 is quite pointless. You can't manage such a crowd without getting some killed silly in the process.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

Matoro

• Bay Watcher
  • if you drive alone you drive with hitler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: March 05, 2014, 06:01:46 am »

Question: Is there a raw that can be changed to increase the companion cap over 19?

But getting over 25 is quite pointless. You can't manage such a crowd without getting some killed silly in the process.

And 20 companions can mean ambushes of 60-80 goblins, so I don't really recommend that big group.

blazing glory

« Reply #1718 on: March 05, 2014, 11:10:33 pm »

But getting over 25 is quite pointless. You can't manage such a crowd without getting some killed silly in the process.

And 20 companions can mean ambushes of 60-80 goblins, so I don't really recommend that big group.

100 zombie followers... fun times...

mosshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: March 05, 2014, 11:34:11 pm »

Oh the game actually scales it.... That explains why I thought I was safe with 10 companions only to be jumped at night by 20 something gobbos. I thought ambushes were based on actually historical entities, thus the amount of enemies would be how many lived in the area rather than a random number.

MikaTheCrazy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't know why this is my avatar now
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: April 16, 2014, 06:42:29 am »

Do skills still improve noticeably above grandmaster?
Okay fine, maybe I'm too lazy to find something to put here.

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: April 17, 2014, 10:17:46 am »

Do skills still improve noticeably above grandmaster?
Yep, A legendary +5 still don't have changes against +20...
In a time before time, I had a name.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: April 20, 2014, 11:24:01 am »

Is there a way to get the quest text from a quest afterwards? And I don't know who gave it to me anymore. Someone send me to kill some criminal mind in some town (supposevely an olm?) no idea, not in the castle cellar and there are no walkable sewers. (however reveal shows some dead olm skeletons down there in an underground river)

Also is there a way to travel over rivers, ones I know I can swim, and the game knows I can swim, why must I stop on every river?

Is there a way to find forgotten beasts? I killed all titans, according to legends there should be a good dozend of FB but I'm not going to run aimless through caverns.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: April 20, 2014, 11:53:04 am »

Is a necromancer tower guaranteed to have a book of life and death? My map only has one, and I could not find something like that, only worthless books, double checked list with Legends mode.

Why is the necromancer itself friendly to me? (while her corpses attack?)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: April 20, 2014, 12:00:40 pm »

Towers are not guaranteed to have secrets.  Sry, if nobody writes it down it can get lost.  check legends for a suspiciously named book about life or death.

As far as the necromancer being friendly, sometimes they are.  Just think of them as being a polite host guiding a new servant. ;)

edit:  or slab
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 12:03:30 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 327