Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608512 times)

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1725 on: April 20, 2014, 12:05:25 pm »

Is a necromancer tower guaranteed to have a book of life and death? My map only has one, and I could not find something like that, only worthless books, double checked list with Legends mode.

Why is the necromancer itself friendly to me? (while her corpses attack?)
I've never found one without, but you know, your theory is only right if you can't prove it wrong, and I only reaffirmed it...

Probably you are not undead (hence why the zombies attack you) and belong to a civ she is friendly to( or are an human outsider).
Is there a way to get the quest text from a quest afterwards? And I don't know who gave it to me anymore. Someone send me to kill some criminal mind in some town (supposevely an olm?) no idea, not in the castle cellar and there are no walkable sewers. (however reveal shows some dead olm skeletons down there in an underground river)

Also is there a way to travel over rivers, ones I know I can swim, and the game knows I can swim, why must I stop on every river?

Is there a way to find forgotten beasts? I killed all titans, according to legends there should be a good dozend of FB but I'm not going to run aimless through caverns.

You don't need to know who gave it to you, you can view the place on the map, but can't see again the text.
You need to walk in them, using alt-move, you hold alt and press the direction of the river, and it will give you some options... Please, I ask of you others experienced players to not tell him which is the "right" one.
Sorry, but the forgotten beasts are... Well... Forgotten. You will expend some days on the caves if you plan on finding one(and probably wont). Nobody gives quests to kill forgotten beasts, as far as I know.
In a time before time, I had a name.

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 20, 2014, 12:48:44 pm »

You need to walk in them, using alt-move, you hold alt and press the direction of the river, and it will give you some options... Please, I ask of you others experienced players to not tell him which is the "right" one.

Well my question was worded badly, I know how to cross rivers, it just gets old having to pause travel mode for this. The game knows that I know how to do it and my dwarf is a legendary swimmer, so why can't I just travel over them?

catpaw

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 20, 2014, 01:42:11 pm »

Update: Okay I found that "guy" using special clairvoyant powers (dfhack reveal) in an underwater tunnel. Without any way to dive long ways from the nearest river without drowning - only vampire or necro afaik - he is impossible to reach.

However, stomped the floor really hard (dfhack tiletype), so it opened up and got an access way.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2014, 02:04:23 pm by catpaw »

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
  • You have been struck down! It was inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 21, 2014, 09:07:04 am »

What do I need to add to raws so that my dwarf adventurer's nails and smashed and cut open fingers heal? Because, honest, these should heal...
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."
"A-anou, Necromancer-san, could...  C-Could I have your autograph?"
If you imagine an 8-bit Hinata with elf ears, it gets even more ridiculous ^_^

Sarrak

• Bay Watcher
  • Venit leger cerebrum amissa
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 21, 2014, 09:16:11 am »

Tissues file in the raws (that region folder). Add [HEALING_RATE:10] - any number, really - under cartilage, nail, claw etc.
Science is always important. But it needs more flaming cats. Can't we build bridge-based catapults and fling flaming cats at the dust and goo?

It's time for the ATHATH Death Counter to increase once more in celebration for the end of the world.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 21, 2014, 09:23:02 am »

Higher numbers are slower.  Hydras have a value of 1, for instance, but note that that is not fast enough to heal in any serious combat.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 21, 2014, 10:26:28 am »

Tissues file in the raws (that region folder). Add [HEALING_RATE:10] - any number, really - under cartilage, nail, claw etc.

Thanks for the quick help, anyway I have two more questions.

I used a kobold cave to get to the caverns, but they only went to the first layer of caverns. What is the simplest way to get to the circus tent without using Dwarf Mode? ( I'm gonna do it later, but now, just curious. )
Can you still fast travel while under a town, hamlet... etc? If not, I'm royally screwed...
"Ha-ha-halt in the name of the Obeisant Vegetation!  Okay, Princess, you can speak to the Necromancer now."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 21, 2014, 10:35:44 am »

Thanks for the quick help, anyway I have two more questions.

I used a kobold cave to get to the caverns, but they only went to the first layer of caverns. What is the simplest way to get to the circus tent without using Dwarf Mode? ( I'm gonna do it later, but now, just curious. )
Can you still fast travel while under a town, hamlet... etc? If not, I'm royally screwed...

You can't fast-travel in a cavern. Possibly not in a dungeon either. Though you may be able to retire.

The only way to find a curious structure is to wander on the third cavern layer and hope you come across it. You could use DFHack's reveal script to cut down on the wandering though. The only areas that will be left blank will be either a special spire or a curious structure.

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
  • [VILLAINOUS_THEMATIC: LIGHTBULBS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 22, 2014, 12:26:15 am »

So, in my current game, I'm playing a lasher.

I know I won't find candy flavored whips in my game, but does it work well for whips, or is there a better material? I am well aware that candy is not that great for blunt weapons, for instance, because of its incredible light weight.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 22, 2014, 12:28:31 am »

So, in my current game, I'm playing a lasher.

I know I won't find candy flavored whips in my game, but does it work well for whips, or is there a better material? I am well aware that candy is not that great for blunt weapons, for instance, because of its incredible light weight.

You sort of answered your own question. Whips are blunt. Though just about any whip would likely be deadly.

The deadliest would likely be copper or silver, since they are the two heaviest military metals.

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 22, 2014, 12:32:25 am »

You sort of answered your own question. Whips are blunt. Though just about any whip would likely be deadly.

The deadliest would likely be copper or silver, since they are the two heaviest military metals.
Ah, well then I won't be upgrading my weapon any time soon. Started off with a silver whip so all is right in the world. Thanks.

blazing glory

« Reply #1736 on: April 22, 2014, 12:52:42 am »

Ah, well then I won't be upgrading my weapon any time soon. Started off with a silver whip so all is right in the world. Thanks.

The deadliest would be slade!

Alestance

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 22, 2014, 01:41:12 am »

Well, my adventure came to a swift end when I dodged an attack by jumping into lava. But now a new question arises. How quickly should Lava kill you?

KiBoy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 22, 2014, 01:55:14 am »

Thanks guys.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: April 22, 2014, 01:13:36 pm »

Well, my adventure came to a swift end when I dodged an attack by jumping into lava. But now a new question arises. How quickly should Lava kill you?

If temperature is on, you will bleed to death pretty quickly, due to melting fat. If you somehow survive that, you will still die eventually, though it can take a long time. Unless you are made completely of magma-safe materials.

If temperature is off or you are magma-immune, you will only die by drowning. Unless you don't need to breathe or are amphibious.
Pages: 1 ... 114 115 [116] 117 118 ... 327