Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616825 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1755 on: May 14, 2014, 04:06:34 pm »

I'm never going to drink blood again! Or maybe I'll just save it up and drain an entire bandit gang of blood.

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1756 on: May 14, 2014, 04:08:42 pm »

I thought I read somewhere that in fort mode vampires could only drink blood so not being able to drink alcohol made them go insane. Also the hunger thirst mechanics are different from fort mode as you only need to eat/drink a couple times a month in fort mode but pretty much every day in adventure mode.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1757 on: May 14, 2014, 04:14:54 pm »

I thought I read somewhere that in fort mode vampires could only drink blood so not being able to drink alcohol made them go insane. Also the hunger thirst mechanics are different from fort mode as you only need to eat/drink a couple times a month in fort mode but pretty much every day in adventure mode.

Not drinking doesn't make them go insane. It can contribute, since the vampires won't be getting good thoughts from drinking alcohol, but a lack of alcohol does not give bad thoughts. Since vampires also don't eat or sleep, they will miss out on even more potential thoughts, leaving less positive thoughts to offset their negative ones.

A lack of alcohol in alcohol dependent races will slow the creature down over time, however.

kesperan

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rugged beard]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1758 on: May 14, 2014, 05:49:54 pm »

In adventure mode, as a vampire, as you progress from Thirsty to THIRSTY! you become increasingly slow to the point that you need to feed to not be a liability in combat.

Furthermore, the time since last feed modifies the size of the next feed. If you have not fed for a while, your next feed may end up draining your target of blood entirely.

I have sucked a human bandit dry in one gulp on a particularly blood-starved vampire adventurer...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Wow. I believe Kesperan has just won adventurer mode.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #1759 on: May 14, 2014, 06:13:26 pm »

Right now I'm at Thirsty!/Thirsty!.

That's pretty goddamn thirsty, then.

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1760 on: June 15, 2014, 04:49:01 pm »

I'm sure this has been asked before, but I haven't been able to find where:

How do you get villages to move?  I threw a dagger at a vampire and after the fight I want to pick it up.  But some shlub is chilling on the square.  Any way to get my dagger?

"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

sal880612m

• Bay Watcher
  • [SANITY:OPTIONAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1761 on: June 15, 2014, 04:53:15 pm »

I don't think you can move villagers short of attacking them which is a bad idea. You can usually crawl under them though. I don't remember the key for that but I think it is s or SHFT-s or something like that.
"I was chopping off little bits of 'im till he talked, startin' at the toes."
"You probably should have stopped sometime before his eyes."

Togre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1762 on: June 15, 2014, 04:55:45 pm »

Crawling is "s."  And it Works!!!!   Thanks a ton!
"Hey guys, you know how I've been repeatedly injuring you over and over again for the purpose of training up a team of high skilled doctors? Yeah well we didn't actually need to do that."

Patacrepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1763 on: June 23, 2014, 05:25:59 am »

Hello, I have a little problem.
I must kill an outlaw, but he is in a dungeon. I searched the entrance in the town, I even toured the castle but impossible to find this dungeon's enrance. Can you help me please ?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1764 on: June 23, 2014, 07:01:04 am »

Castle Keep is the best bet. Make sure you investigate the keep before you go below.  They often keep free armor up there.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Patacrepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1765 on: June 23, 2014, 07:16:49 am »

I don't find the entrance to the keep either  :'(

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1766 on: June 23, 2014, 08:37:50 am »

There are times when the dungeons/catacombs/sewers have areas that aren't actually accessible. And it is a major headache.

Patacrepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1767 on: June 23, 2014, 09:17:50 am »

Wait... I have to explore the town at different times of the day and the night for find the keep's entrance ?  :o (and the entrance will suddenly appear ?)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1768 on: June 23, 2014, 09:29:45 am »

Wait... I have to explore the town at different times of the day and the night for find the keep's entrance ?  :o (and the entrance will suddenly appear ?)
No.  Theres a thing where the sewer has a drainage pipe thats flooded and may or may not require gills to access.  Due to the random nature of the game it may be almost impossible to get to.

The keep in any large town is marked by walls on the fast travel map.  The catacombs are under the religious building and sometimes connect to the dungeon as well.

---

If you have searched the dungeon and cannot find the baddie than you may have to consider the possibility that he is in an area you can't normally get to.  However, it sounds like you just cant find the entrance, and the dungeons are bloody HUGE.  Very vast, and much wealth lies within.  That you can't use.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 09:31:31 am by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Patacrepe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1769 on: June 23, 2014, 11:58:47 am »

Okay, thank, I think I understood  :)
Pages: 1 ... 116 117 [118] 119 120 ... 327