Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615677 times)

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #1920 on: July 13, 2014, 04:32:55 am »

You also can't make a claim/create an entity with outsiders ("I have forgotten my bold pronouncement."). It might be related to not having a name to begin with. Try killing a few famous beasts/murderers/squishy nobles in the surround area. Maybe that'll net you enough fame.

I succeeded in claiming something as an outsider the first time I tried (without having killed anything before hand), got the naming menu and all, But every time since (and a couple of worlds later) I have only gotten that message even after killing a whole bunch of famous things and spreading the rumor.

So it is possible as an outsider, it's just very vague as to what you have to do to be able to claim entities.

I'm going to make a wild guess and say that you need more fame to claim larger sites or sites that have leaders with a firm grip. I'd also guess that fame can come from just talking to people and letting them know your name.

So yeah, it's all very vague at this point. Someone will have to do some research.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: July 14, 2014, 01:33:44 pm »

So, spawned a dwarf adventurer. How do I get out of the fortress ? There's no doors/stairs out of it. I tried fast travel, but it doesn't lead anywhere too (also, the fast travel map is completely off compared to reality).

Edit : also, I am at a well, but the water is frozen. I know you can heat water with a fire, but I can't get the ice out of the well. Any idea ?
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 01:47:38 pm by PanH »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: July 14, 2014, 01:50:41 pm »

How do you spawn an adventurer, in a pool of magma? A beautiful tadpole that would make.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

BillyTheKid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: July 14, 2014, 02:04:50 pm »

So, spawned a dwarf adventurer. How do I get out of the fortress ? There's no doors/stairs out of it. I tried fast travel, but it doesn't lead anywhere too (also, the fast travel map is completely off compared to reality).

Edit : also, I am at a well, but the water is frozen. I know you can heat water with a fire, but I can't get the ice out of the well. Any idea ?

It should be possible to take the ice out of the bucket, shouldn't it? If that doesn't work, I guess you can only make campfires around the well and hope that it melts the ice.
The fortresses are a bit buggy right now from what I have heard, so you could possibly end up getting stuck somewhere.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: July 14, 2014, 02:42:47 pm »

For getting out, you have to (at least, I don't know any other way) find a tile in fast travel with "Fortress Entrance" then go up a long series of ramps there (if you stop at the entrance, you should see a wall standing alone with a ramp/up arrow next to it). I've found areas where this seems impossible as fast traveling won't let me go anywhere.
The fast travel map is off because you are underground, I'd reckon.

I don't remember how wells work exactly. Try I, g and u, one of those menus should get the ice out (probably u). Then, make a campfire ('g' but you need suitable terrain), press I, then choose the ice then choose 'heat ice'.

New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1925 on: July 14, 2014, 02:45:53 pm »

For getting out, you have to (at least, I don't know any other way) find a tile in fast travel with "Fortress Entrance" then go up a long series of ramps there (if you stop at the entrance, you should see a wall standing alone with a ramp/up arrow next to it). I've found areas where this seems impossible as fast traveling won't let me go anywhere.
The fast travel map is off because you are underground, I'd reckon.

You can use ">" and "<" in fast travel if you're on a place you can do that in.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: July 14, 2014, 03:09:05 pm »

I don't remember how wells work exactly. Try I, g and u, one of those menus should get the ice out (probably u). Then, make a campfire ('g' but you need suitable terrain), press I, then choose the ice then choose 'heat ice'.
I tried I, g and u, and there's nothing to get the ice out of the bucked (u is just raise or lower the bucked). I can't make a fire near a well either because it's unproper tiles around it. And even when I made a fire next to me (I was next to the well), nothing to heat the ice with the fire. I guess it's not possible (ill-designed, I think).
There should be something to take from a nearby tile, since I can't go on the well, neither take from it.

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: July 14, 2014, 03:22:54 pm »

I tried I, g and u, and there's nothing to get the ice out of the bucked (u is just raise or lower the bucked). I can't make a fire near a well either because it's unproper tiles around it. And even when I made a fire next to me (I was next to the well), nothing to heat the ice with the fire. I guess it's not possible (ill-designed, I think).
There should be something to take from a nearby tile, since I can't go on the well, neither take from it.

Erm... just had an idea. Next to the well, with the bucket raised, press I, then choose your waterskin.
It is possible to heat the ice, by press I or u next to the fire. I never know which in all honesty. It should give an option to "heat ice".
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: July 14, 2014, 03:36:52 pm »

I seem to be having a problem recruiting anybody... Starting as a locally important character, I can recruit two people as expected, but killing noteworthy characters and spreading the rumors to warriors before attempting to recruit does nothing, and they just say "with a band so large, what share of the glory would I have?" I just killed two vampires I found running through a town and spread the rumor to a warrior in the keep, but he said the same thing. How do I increase my fame to get more followers?

Vorox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: July 14, 2014, 03:49:13 pm »

I seem to be having a problem recruiting anybody... Starting as a locally important character, I can recruit two people as expected, but killing noteworthy characters and spreading the rumors to warriors before attempting to recruit does nothing, and they just say "with a band so large, what share of the glory would I have?" I just killed two vampires I found running through a town and spread the rumor to a warrior in the keep, but he said the same thing. How do I increase my fame to get more followers?
I don't think fame works in the current version, so you must wait until it is fixed.
It is terrifying.
Vorox likes gremlins for their tears.

Jacob/Lee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: July 14, 2014, 04:29:16 pm »

I don't think fame works in the current version, so you must wait until it is fixed.
It is terrifying.
Meh. 90% of all followers I ever have immediately fall to the ground whimpering when a fight starts. 5% of them attack a few times then panic as well. The remaining 5% are actually useful and fight until the opponent(s) die.

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: July 14, 2014, 06:27:12 pm »

Meh. 90% of all followers I ever have immediately fall to the ground whimpering when a fight starts. 5% of them attack a few times then panic as well. The remaining 5% are actually useful and fight until the opponent(s) die.
There's this amazing new feature: if you give equipment to your companions, they use (some of) it!

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: July 14, 2014, 06:31:16 pm »

There's this amazing new feature: if you give equipment to your companions, they use (some of) it!
WHAT? WHY DID I NOT KNOW OF THIS?

snjwffl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: July 14, 2014, 06:42:25 pm »

I only found this out last night while testing how effective bribing is (say, to calm somebody down after cutting off a limb or two; result: doesn't work too well).  I gave this guy a mail shirt and leggings and, after exiting the trade/give/take screen I got a message "so-and-so rearranges his gear" (or something to that effect), and he did indeed have them equipped!

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: July 14, 2014, 06:49:38 pm »

I kinda figured it'd be self-evident with the dialog option "Exchange, give or take items."

Also, word is drunks are always up for a good adventure. So I guess recruit from the tavern? They can't be any worse than the gutless companions we have now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 07:05:50 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 327