Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615834 times)

Alev

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2010 on: July 20, 2014, 01:14:26 pm »

I smelled death, playing as an elf, when I went into a hillock. I then tracked and promptly got murdered by a goblin that was leaving the place. However, no one was dead.

ClorrProdigal

• Bay Watcher
  • My God! It's full of dwarves!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2011 on: July 20, 2014, 03:08:07 pm »

Anyone know what some of the smells you get mean? I was in a human keep and all I could smell was cooked flesh. The only other time I smelled that was near a night troll lair.

I think it may be a randomly generated or modded creature, as I can't find anything with that odor string in the raws.
I haven't modded anything and the only creature in the keep was a goblin lord. Maybe all goblins smell like cooked flesh?

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2012 on: July 20, 2014, 06:29:03 pm »

Is there any way yet to tell who is in what faction? My Lady has asked me as a heartperson service to rough up people from the Routed Leaves in Rivercharms. When I get to Rivercharms I don't know nor can I tell who is in Routed Leaves and I cant find any option to find out who is the leader.

Gigalith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • O and H Books
« Reply #2013 on: July 20, 2014, 08:01:54 pm »

Do shrines normally have bunches of peasant skeletons lying inside them, or did I find some bizarre oddity?
Check out my books at O and H Books

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2014 on: July 20, 2014, 08:02:50 pm »

Do shrines normally have bunches of peasant skeletons lying inside them, or did I find some bizarre oddity?

if it is a liar than yes.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:04:50 pm by pisskop »
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2015 on: July 20, 2014, 08:20:55 pm »

Is there any way yet to tell who is in what faction? My Lady has asked me as a heartperson service to rough up people from the Routed Leaves in Rivercharms. When I get to Rivercharms I don't know nor can I tell who is in Routed Leaves and I cant find any option to find out who is the leader.
Ask for their profession, if the have a position in the entity than they'll mention it. You get no option for ask about local ruler? Worse comes to worse you could retire and track them in Legends.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2016 on: July 20, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »

if it is a liar than yes.
You mean lair?  ;)

It's probably a mausoleum, for burial.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
  • i really apreciate a good analogy
    • View Profile
« Reply #2017 on: July 21, 2014, 05:06:27 am »

i just caused a troll to fall out of the tree i decided it would be wise to move and i did it said i jumped out of the trolls flight path does that mean if i hadent moved it would have landed on me
important project progress

have some basic idea of whats going to go in it

blazing glory

« Reply #2018 on: July 21, 2014, 06:17:25 am »

i just caused a troll to fall out of the tree i decided it would be wise to move and i did it said i jumped out of the trolls flight path does that mean if i hadent moved it would have landed on me

But who doesn't like breaking spines from creatures falling on you?

Though what was the troll doing up there in the first place?

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2019 on: July 21, 2014, 06:21:51 am »

But who doesn't like breaking spines from creatures falling on you?

Though what was the troll doing up there in the first place?

i got ambushed it danced around the place for a while and climbed but it was a good thing now because it dosent happen all the time so its nice when it does

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2020 on: July 21, 2014, 07:48:23 am »

does that mean if i hadent moved it would have landed on me

Possibly not. I think it actually fell BEFORE you moved, so you dodged it automatically.

Right now, it seems that it's extremely hard to get hit by a falling object, based on arena tests.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

tuypo1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2021 on: July 21, 2014, 08:15:52 am »

does that mean if i hadent moved it would have landed on me

Possibly not. I think it actually fell BEFORE you moved, so you dodged it automatically.

Right now, it seems that it's extremely hard to get hit by a falling object, based on arena tests.

i dont think so when i noticed he had let go i looked at him it said in flight i went nw and got a jumped out of flight path message then i looked at it it it was on my z level now but still in the air then i jumped into it and pushed it along and hit it away it may have been automatic but if so i went in the same direction automaticly as my original plans

maybe it would have missed me but it might have hit me to

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2022 on: July 21, 2014, 05:39:14 pm »

Ask for their profession, if the have a position in the entity than they'll mention it. You get no option for ask about local ruler? Worse comes to worse you could retire and track them in Legends.

Ah ok thanks Ill try that. I get the option for who is the local ruler, but they mention the supreme ruler of all not the ruler of the faction.

madeking

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2023 on: July 22, 2014, 01:25:01 pm »

Is not picking up any odor's in adventure mode with a human normal?

Ive not picked up a single odor in my entire time playing adventure mode and it just seems weird and i was wondering if its a bug, a not implemented feature, or just that humans have no sense of smell or need a skill?

I actually modded one of the Succubus civ's succubi because i had the idea of using the new sweat system with pheremones, (she now leaves puddles of pink sweat everywhere she goes) and i made her odor levels really high in the idea of tracking it.
but even when standing right next to one, i still get no particular odor.

Is this normal? a search of the forum didnt come up with much about odor.

Actually i tell a lie, i have picked up a giants odor when and a couple of others on the travel map, but when i leave fast travel there is no odor, and when i go back into fast travel, even if i havent moved an inch, the odor is gone again.

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2024 on: July 22, 2014, 01:34:10 pm »

I'm pretty sure Humans are supposed to have rather poor odor detection.
Pages: 1 ... 133 134 [135] 136 137 ... 327