Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615681 times)

Deus_Vult

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2085 on: July 27, 2014, 12:45:02 am »

Gents, how to claim sites for yourselves?

I tried it several times, in some hillocks and other places: i said to someone there (even to lord) that I'm claiming the site, typed the name of the group, killed the mayor of the place and still, when I choose this dialogue option, locals just say "I don't know anything about this" and nothing happens.

I'm NOT playing an outsider.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: July 27, 2014, 12:54:21 am »

Gents, how to claim sites for yourselves?

I tried it several times, in some hillocks and other places: i said to someone there (even to lord) that I'm claiming the site, typed the name of the group, killed the mayor of the place and still, when I choose this dialogue option, locals just say "I don't know anything about this" and nothing happens.

I'm NOT playing an outsider.

There might be multiple rulers.
Ask somebody who the ruler is, and they'll tell you who you need to kill next.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: July 27, 2014, 10:20:04 am »

Is there a point where your stats max out and don't increase any further? I think I might have maxed out strength before I did vampire and I think theres currently a bug where you can still increase stats when you become a vampire.

Of course though, I'm trying to wrestle incapacitated trolls in the laggyness of a dark tower.....
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 10:26:23 am by smjjames »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: July 27, 2014, 02:03:00 pm »

All stats have a cap. The actual cap is dependent on what level your stats were at when you started, and if your creature is modded to alter the cap percentage.

Normally, the cap is either twice your starting value or your starting value plus the average value of that stat, depending on which is higher.

Though it's a bit difficult to figure out if you've maxed it or not in adventure mode, as it doesn't tell you your actual numbers, just a descriptor to tell you how you are in comparison to the average of your race.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: July 27, 2014, 02:31:53 pm »

Well, if you burden yourself down with weight and the speed doesn't increase when you do wrestling, then yes you're probably maxed out.

Edit: Does the dense fog in the far north ever lift? because i walked right into a web spitting titan which instagored me.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2014, 03:32:39 pm by smjjames »

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: July 27, 2014, 07:51:38 pm »

Well, if you burden yourself down with weight and the speed doesn't increase when you do wrestling, then yes you're probably maxed out.

Edit: Does the dense fog in the far north ever lift? because i walked right into a web spitting titan which instagored me.

I've never personally seen fog lift before, and ouch, what a way to die.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: July 28, 2014, 04:11:29 pm »

Is there a faster way to tell people about your kills than spreading the rumors about tell each one and do I have to tell every one I talk to about them?
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: July 28, 2014, 05:12:13 pm »

Shouting should work more effectively, though rumors don't seem to spread very fast sometimes.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: July 28, 2014, 06:27:10 pm »

How do I find the dragon that has taken up residence beneath a fortress spawned in world gen, this thing has some...expansive tunnels, I'll say that much

NightFall

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: July 28, 2014, 06:43:16 pm »

What do you need to do when it's almost night?
« Last Edit: July 28, 2014, 07:00:15 pm by NightFall »

Wimopy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: July 29, 2014, 04:28:05 am »

How do I find the dragon that has taken up residence beneath a fortress spawned in world gen, this thing has some...expansive tunnels, I'll say that much

Just keep searching. Unfortunately, there're no special ways to find them that I know of. If you're strong enough, make sure you don't sneak, that should make it attack you, so it's harder to miss.

If you're talking about bogeymen, then either enter a building and sleep there or get a companion.
I advise doing both, unless you're the type that doesn't need sleep. Still easier to move during the day though.
Now updating the Monster Hunter Universe mod
Current Version: 0.4.95b - Updated June 17, 2015
New Thread
Download
Old Thread

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2096 on: July 29, 2014, 04:48:20 am »

Just keep searching. Unfortunately, there're no special ways to find them that I know of. If you're strong enough, make sure you don't sneak, that should make it attack you, so it's harder to miss.

If you're talking about bogeymen, then either enter a building and sleep there or get a companion.
I advise doing both, unless you're the type that doesn't need sleep. Still easier to move during the day though.
Actually, regarding finding the dragon: If you're an elf you should be able to find it by smell now :) (key is 'o'.)

« Last Edit: July 29, 2014, 04:51:08 am by therahedwig »
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: July 29, 2014, 12:15:38 pm »

Anybody know what the hearing radius of you shouting to everybody is? Was going to ask in a FotF question, but the code experts might be able to figure it out.

ICBM pilot

• Bay Watcher
  • D'awwww
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: July 29, 2014, 03:28:43 pm »

[/quote]Dwarven hillocks aren't considered buildings.
On the plus side, they managed to kill off 20+ children

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: July 29, 2014, 08:35:38 pm »

Actually, regarding finding the dragon: If you're an elf you should be able to find it by smell now :) (key is 'o'.)

What if I'm a kobold? I got a bit tired of slaughtering everything ever in my path with legendary human swordmaster vampires
Pages: 1 ... 138 139 [140] 141 142 ... 327