Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614291 times)

Trif

• Bay Watcher
  • the Not-Quite-So-Great-as-Toady One
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2100 on: July 30, 2014, 08:25:46 am »

Kobolds have a smell trigger of 25.
Quote from: Toady One
I wonder if the game has become odd.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2101 on: July 30, 2014, 11:36:31 am »

How does the smell trigger thing work? Because I couldn't find dragons in the depths of fortresses even with vampiric see through walls blood vision.

Side note: is there any way to sneak up on a titan?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2102 on: July 30, 2014, 03:12:21 pm »

press 'o' to smell.

... damn never thought I'd say that. I believe there's a key for enabling the most dominants smell at the moment, but I haven't figured it out myself yet...
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2103 on: July 30, 2014, 04:24:58 pm »

It tells me if a given creature is nearby, but gives no indication as to their location. I think I'm missing something here.

side note: any way to make it so 90% of the quests aren't titans, or at least make them not all come up before they tell me about any other problems?

also can anyone explain what the various things on this particular interface means? (on the presently displayed screen)

« Last Edit: July 30, 2014, 05:15:07 pm by random_odd_guy »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2104 on: July 30, 2014, 06:54:22 pm »

The entirety of the whole new quest system needs work, and for entities that didn't actually attack you not show up in the rumors which just fills it up.

Hopefully Toady One refines that stuff some before he starts working on the next major release.

RealFear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2105 on: July 30, 2014, 10:02:24 pm »

It tells me if a given creature is nearby, but gives no indication as to their location. I think I'm missing something here.

side note: any way to make it so 90% of the quests aren't titans, or at least make them not all come up before they tell me about any other problems?

also can anyone explain what the various things on this particular interface means? (on the presently displayed screen)

The top is your different categories, which tells you what type of things will show up on the list to the right, the left will show information about what's selected.
The bottom left corner has different other actions, but the only important one is the Toggle map/info, which will swap the info on the left with a map, and will show you where the selected option is.
It's a reverse hostage situation, if you kill the snatchers they'll fill your fort with babies.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2106 on: July 31, 2014, 06:18:01 pm »

Does evil cloud/fog/mist weather manefest in adventure mode? because I haven't seen any.

h.scorpio

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2107 on: July 31, 2014, 07:00:46 pm »

press 'o' to smell.

... damn never thought I'd say that. I believe there's a key for enabling the most dominants smell at the moment, but I haven't figured it out myself yet...

It's shift+o, IIRC.
Haven't smelled anything yet though

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2108 on: July 31, 2014, 07:08:21 pm »

Does evil cloud/fog/mist weather manefest in adventure mode? because I haven't seen any.

It can happen, though I don't know of any reliable ways to come across them.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2109 on: July 31, 2014, 08:52:59 pm »

The top is your different categories, which tells you what type of things will show up on the list to the right, the left will show information about what's selected.
The bottom left corner has different other actions, but the only important one is the Toggle map/info, which will swap the info on the left with a map, and will show you where the selected option is.

I am well aware of this. What I wanted to know was what the specific entries on the lefthand part of this section in particular meant. Did I actually convert that human civilization to a kobold one?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2110 on: July 31, 2014, 09:52:07 pm »

I am well aware of this. What I wanted to know was what the specific entries on the lefthand part of this section in particular meant. Did I actually convert that human civilization to a kobold one?

Is your adventurer a kobold? I'm guessing that's probably why.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2111 on: July 31, 2014, 10:01:03 pm »

So, this means, when you conquer a town/hamlet/whatever, it actually changes its civ type to match your own?!? Could this be used to, very tediously, make all the dwarven civilizations elven, and all the elven civilizations dwarven, resulting in elves with beards mining for metals and hippy, clean shaven dwarves yelling angrily at the elves for chopping down trees? The kobolds are wearing pants, the goblins are stealing from their neighboring civs and the humans are kidnapping others to join their ways. MADNESS I TELL YOU, ITS MADNESS.

really though does this mean we can convert civs into other types of civs? because that's the implication i am getting here.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2112 on: July 31, 2014, 10:14:53 pm »

I have absolutely no idea what it's supposed to implicate.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2113 on: July 31, 2014, 10:25:29 pm »

I can tell you with certainty that that is a hamlet. and it was run by a human lord before I showed up. Or maybe it was a lady? I don't know. If this DOES mean what I think it does, this can likely be exploited for copious amounts of both fun and !!FUN!!

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2114 on: July 31, 2014, 10:58:17 pm »

Is my one-legged no-armed vampire stuck that way? (Though you'd be surprised at how much damage she can do with one leg.)
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.
Pages: 1 ... 139 140 [141] 142 143 ... 327