Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615577 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2115 on: July 31, 2014, 11:03:24 pm »

Is my one-legged no-armed vampire stuck that way? (Though you'd be surprised at how much damage she can do with one leg.)

You mean to ask if she can regenerate limbs?

If so, then no. Unless she is a werebeast. But because she is a vampire, she cannot become a werebeast.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2116 on: July 31, 2014, 11:11:13 pm »

Is my one-legged no-armed vampire stuck that way? (Though you'd be surprised at how much damage she can do with one leg.)

If you had done ANY amount of damage aside from outright losing the limb, you would have been able to heal it by waiting for an hour. vampires are crazy regenerative, but since you actually got the limb lopped off, nope. can't even become a werebeast because you are already a vampire, so, yeah, your choices are: become a biter, wrestler, and/or kicker, or retire.

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2117 on: August 01, 2014, 06:28:32 pm »

So they and 11 others towns trade with something called "roarfigure", but I don't know where it is and the option to ask for the direction to it does not show up. How am I supposed to find it?

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2118 on: August 01, 2014, 07:21:21 pm »

So they and 11 others towns trade with something called "roarfigure", but I don't know where it is and the option to ask for the direction to it does not show up. How am I supposed to find it?

check the Q menu map. You can move your cursor around to get the names of location, or use sites and then center to location.
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2119 on: August 02, 2014, 08:56:18 am »

check the Q menu map. You can move your cursor around to get the names of location, or use sites and then center to location.

I can't see it, likely because I have not yet discovered it yet. Usually I can just ask them to explain it to me but in this case it was not listed as an option.

Also how am I supposed to use the filter option in the rumor menu. So I want to bring up that I killed someone called "Snamoz Overjackals" so I type "Snamoz" but instead the list now shows something about "Hatred of Tunneling's presence in Evermenace" on top, which seems completely random to me...

therahedwig

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • wolthera.info
« Reply #2120 on: August 02, 2014, 09:11:31 am »

Killings aren't filterable yet :/
Stonesense Grim Dark 0.2 Alternate detailed and darker tiles for stonesense. Now with all ores!

Quitschi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2121 on: August 02, 2014, 09:13:10 am »

Oh too bad, because it gets really annoying to scroll through dozens of pages filled with reports about beeing attacked by ravens.

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2122 on: August 02, 2014, 09:15:59 am »

I can't see it, likely because I have not yet discovered it yet. Usually I can just ask them to explain it to me but in this case it was not listed as an option.

Also how am I supposed to use the filter option in the rumor menu. So I want to bring up that I killed someone called "Snamoz Overjackals" so I type "Snamoz" but instead the list now shows something about "Hatred of Tunneling's presence in Evermenace" on top, which seems completely random to me...
The filter is somewhat borked. Names don't really work and if you type in 'killed' you also the 'attacked' entries. Thankfully it seems to be sorted in chronological order so if you remember when you did that in relation to other actions you can find it without combing the whole list.
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2123 on: August 02, 2014, 09:56:20 am »

Oh too bad, because it gets really annoying to scroll through dozens of pages filled with reports about beeing attacked by ravens.

Yeah, theres lots of extraneous reports from being 'attacked' by things when you actually only encountered, not attacked.

Honestly, from the way Toady One had been talking about it, it sounded better refined, but it can only get better from here on out.

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2124 on: August 02, 2014, 02:32:10 pm »

go to the Q menu. hit s. you get the locations automatically for towns.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2125 on: August 02, 2014, 04:55:25 pm »

Not really a little question, but has anybody else gotten the bug where if you do an insurrection in a town, leave the site, and suddenly every shop has turned into a tavern?

This one: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=7764

It really ruins the whole taking over a town deal......

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2126 on: August 02, 2014, 06:13:22 pm »

Not really a little question, but has anybody else gotten the bug where if you do an insurrection in a town, leave the site, and suddenly every shop has turned into a tavern?

That sounds mildly hilarious.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2127 on: August 02, 2014, 06:19:34 pm »

Until it happens to every town that you do an insurrection on.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #2128 on: August 02, 2014, 07:27:43 pm »

He must have treated them so badly as a leader that, the moment his back was turned, they tried to drown the entire town in a tide of booze.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

random_odd_guy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2129 on: August 02, 2014, 09:14:17 pm »

Every time one particular save file I let it reach past a certain point past the day I'm on, the game crashes. which is annoying because I'm REALLY far in. checking the error file gives the message "succession traveler placed out of bounds" several dozen times. I have no idea what this means or how to fix it.
Pages: 1 ... 140 141 [142] 143 144 ... 327