Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614793 times)

adam35413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2175 on: August 20, 2014, 12:24:16 am »

I just started my first Adventure in 40.0X, and I noticed with the Phoebus installed there is a series of three green icons that appear in front of my minions (and myself sometimes) whenever I progress one turn.  Does anyone know what is causing that?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2176 on: August 20, 2014, 02:49:00 am »

I just started my first Adventure in 40.0X, and I noticed with the Phoebus installed there is a series of three green icons that appear in front of my minions (and myself sometimes) whenever I progress one turn.  Does anyone know what is causing that?
It might be the direction of your running velocity, I think.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

sopu

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2177 on: August 20, 2014, 11:23:30 pm »

A little confused here. Started playing as a dwarf, and began inside a fortress. The only way out, however, seems to be through a staircase that leads me into a humongous maze of caverns. Following the wide roads that the dwarves here have carved through the caverns typically lead me to dead ends.

Is my save bugged? I did port it over from 40.5, playing on 40.9.

Edit: Seems to be a bug. Issue is mentioned here.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 04:14:03 pm by sopu »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2178 on: August 21, 2014, 05:16:08 pm »

Does anyone know if FBs can be seen with a vampire's blood sense?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2179 on: August 21, 2014, 07:02:00 pm »

If they are organic, yeah you should be able to see them.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2180 on: August 21, 2014, 07:04:14 pm »

If they are organic, yeah you should be able to see them.
But do you know for sure? I know that demons can't be seen, even the organic ones.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2181 on: August 21, 2014, 07:05:58 pm »

They have to have the creature class GENERAL_POISON

I don't know if they do or not.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2182 on: August 21, 2014, 07:34:34 pm »

They have to have the creature class GENERAL_POISON

I don't know if they do or not.
They don't, if nothing has changed since v0.34.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2183 on: August 23, 2014, 02:41:13 pm »

As the next version should have the stealth finally fixed, i'm wondering about companions and stealth, how is it working ? because while stealth was broken you didn't need them to kill hundred of enemies without challenge..

Are companion automatically entering in stealth mode when you do (and so exit out of it when you do), or are they stupidly standing out while following you, going then to attract enemy attention when you want to move undetected ?
And if they're standing out, is there a way to have them entering stealth mode ?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 02:44:01 pm by Robsoie »

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2184 on: August 23, 2014, 03:59:22 pm »

As the next version should have the stealth finally fixed, i'm wondering about companions and stealth, how is it working ? because while stealth was broken you didn't need them to kill hundred of enemies without challenge..

Are companion automatically entering in stealth mode when you do (and so exit out of it when you do), or are they stupidly standing out while following you, going then to attract enemy attention when you want to move undetected ?
And if they're standing out, is there a way to have them entering stealth mode ?
The latter; (how conclusion was reached) if you enter stealth and you aren't good at it they move much faster, IE they never slow down which stealth-ing requires. It can be a good way to get the to keep up if you are much faster.

I've never noticed a companion to stealth (last adventures in 40.05).
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2185 on: August 23, 2014, 04:09:49 pm »

Hmm, so it means that if you will want to infiltrate or recon a bandit camp you're better asking your companions to wait in the outside or they'll attract the enemy to your position.
(this of course assuming stealth isn't broken anymore after the 40.10 bugfix)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2186 on: August 23, 2014, 07:57:27 pm »

I think my companions seemed to be sneaking okay. I was traveling around in sneak with companions in tow, encountered some animals and was able to make a sneak attack before they were scared off. Then again, that could be a combat lethality thing.

The latter; (how conclusion was reached) if you enter stealth and you aren't good at it they move much faster, IE they never slow down which stealth-ing requires.
It's not required in DF2014. You can run while sneaking.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ArKFallen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bohandean Desserter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2187 on: August 23, 2014, 09:06:27 pm »

I think my companions seemed to be sneaking okay. I was traveling around in sneak with companions in tow, encountered some animals and was able to make a sneak attack before they were scared off. Then again, that could be a combat lethality thing.

The latter; (how conclusion was reached) if you enter stealth and you aren't good at it they move much faster, IE they never slow down which stealth-ing requires.
It's not required in DF2014. You can run while sneaking.
Stealthing still slows down running. Can be verified from a RAW dive into c_variations... but I see your point.

Though if your companions are run-sneaking by default wouldn't you still notice a speed jump? Or are we assuming that they match are gait, because if I run on ahead they don't follow at anywhere near the same speed.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2014, 09:12:13 pm by ArKFallen »
Hm, have you considered murder?  It's either that or letting it go.
SigText
I logged back on ;_;

Oddible

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2188 on: August 24, 2014, 11:50:27 am »

Did conversations change or am I doing something wrong (this is my first time trying Adventure)?  I was watching this Let's Play (http://youtu.be/8yNgAeDN4w4?t=10m31s) and the player seems to start a conversation and says several things without ever leaving the conversation menus.  In the current game I hit k, select who I want to talk to, select what I want to say, and it dumps me back out to the room again and shows my conversation and result at the bottom.  In order to say something else to the same person I need to hit k and re-select that person again... very cumbersome to have a conversation about anything as saying each single thing takes about 4 keystrokes. 

What am I missing?  The video link I showed doesn't do this. I mean it is nice that the current system lets you have 2 conversations at once but it makes having a single conversation so much more cumbersome.

Second question:  When I (l)ook at someone, I can scroll through their items just fine, but I can't seem to get the cursor to move over to their health (right column).  It used to be numpad but now that does nothing.  How can I scroll through their health when I'm looking at someone?
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 12:05:50 pm by Oddible »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2189 on: August 24, 2014, 01:54:32 pm »

Conversations changed. You were looking at a video of version 34.11, while conversations got an overhaul for version 40.01

You could try pressing the up/down arrows, but it may vary depending on the actual keybindings.
Pages: 1 ... 144 145 [146] 147 148 ... 327