Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614311 times)

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2280 on: September 15, 2014, 10:20:25 pm »

I started as a dwarf and theres a stockpile room in the fortress literally full of loot, five per tile, with $$ on it. Where is the trader to get some of these items?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2281 on: September 15, 2014, 11:15:29 pm »

I started as a dwarf and theres a stockpile room in the fortress literally full of loot, five per tile, with $$ on it. Where is the trader to get some of these items?

There isn't one, it's a very, rudimentary, shop. Theft is broken right now anyway, so you can just take whatever you want and nobody gives a crap about it.

Shizmoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2282 on: September 15, 2014, 11:27:29 pm »

There isn't one, it's a very, rudimentary, shop. Theft is broken right now anyway, so you can just take whatever you want and nobody gives a crap about it.

Ah so there is no legit way? I would normally just gank it, but not for roleplaying purposes.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2283 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:56 pm »

Ah so there is no legit way? I would normally just gank it, but not for roleplaying purposes.
Even if you happen to find a trader wandering around in one of these shop looking places, they will tell you to find them at the trade depot if you ask them to trade.  Dwarves will only trade at the trade depot right now, and only for the items in the depot.  If you want to roleplay, you can say that the $items$ in the shops you see are things the dwarves are keeping for themselves, and don't want to trade to outsiders.  To be fair, it Toady made the trade depot reflect a player fortress it would be full of stone crafts, trap components, masterwork roasts, decayed clothes, and absolutely no weapons or armor  ;).

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2284 on: September 17, 2014, 10:38:30 pm »

I wanted to make a bug report, but it's been several version i ceased to climb inside of goblin twoers, too unplayable slow there and if something changed i may have missed it.

In 40.13 i noticed near a dwarf hamlet a goblin site , that on the world map was made of a single goblin tower glyph instead of many of them + dark fortress.

So i thought it would be much less laggy than usual goblin sites, and indeed it was less laggy but i ran into something odd and i can't say if it's a bug, but i really don't remember it being like that before.

In the couple of towers of that site, when i move up following the ramps, i can't reach the top floor by moving up as usual, to reach the top floor of a goblin tower i need to press ALT+the direction and select "Move to fire clay (North/Above)" (north or the material can vary depending on the goblin tower and the ramps orientation.
That seems odd because i really don't remember being forced to ALT+direction to reach the last floor, just direction was enough in my blurry memory.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2285 on: September 19, 2014, 10:07:01 am »

I have a member of my party that is missing a foot due to some ambush from alligators.
Is it possible to make him wear a crutch (assuming i manage to find one), or is that only for players ?

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2286 on: September 19, 2014, 03:21:36 pm »

I have a member of my party that is missing a foot due to some ambush from alligators.
Is it possible to make him wear a crutch (assuming i manage to find one), or is that only for players ?
If you can remove his pouch, and any other containers (trade his some gems or other valuable, light items for them) then if you give him a crutch he will hold it in his hand.  If he is an archer, you can give him back his quiver after giving him the crutch, and he will keep it in his hand.  I do NOT know if he will use the crutch, but he will hold it.  I do know that party members that you give weapons in this way will use them.  See this thread if you need more details on how to trade with your companions.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2287 on: September 19, 2014, 03:25:15 pm »

I wanted to make a bug report, but it's been several version i ceased to climb inside of goblin twoers, too unplayable slow there and if something changed i may have missed it.

In 40.13 i noticed near a dwarf hamlet a goblin site , that on the world map was made of a single goblin tower glyph instead of many of them + dark fortress.

So i thought it would be much less laggy than usual goblin sites, and indeed it was less laggy but i ran into something odd and i can't say if it's a bug, but i really don't remember it being like that before.

In the couple of towers of that site, when i move up following the ramps, i can't reach the top floor by moving up as usual, to reach the top floor of a goblin tower i need to press ALT+the direction and select "Move to fire clay (North/Above)" (north or the material can vary depending on the goblin tower and the ramps orientation.
That seems odd because i really don't remember being forced to ALT+direction to reach the last floor, just direction was enough in my blurry memory.
I visited one goblin site and did not have to do any ALT movement to reach the top floor.  But due to the lag you mentioned I have only tried this once or twice.  It sounds like you encountered some towers that didn't generate properly, but I can't be sure.  I also can't say how common this might be, as I've only visited a few goblin sites.  I can only say this doesn't happen all the time, at least in (I think) 40.08 when I tried it.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2288 on: September 19, 2014, 03:56:26 pm »

Anybody else have this problem?
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2687-theproblemwithneutralhostilities

He runs around like a chicken without a head, and should clearly see me.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2289 on: September 19, 2014, 04:12:56 pm »

Thanks for the confirmation that you don't have to ALT+direction in order to reach the top of a goblin tower, i then reported a save of that bug on the tracker

And thanks for the explaination and link, it's not one but now 2 companions i have to get to use a crutch, they were waiting for me outside of the goblin site ( would be too hard for them to navigate this annoying kind of site layout without losing them) and when i came back , they were under assault from a couple of gobs that i managed to kill fast enough, but not without one of my party member needing a cructh

edit :
Anybody else have this problem?
http://mkv25.net/dfma/movie-2687-theproblemwithneutralhostilities

He runs around like a chicken without a head, and should clearly see me.

That's what happened with more than half of the trolls (all the trolls having a job) when i cleared the troll nest in the other thread
« Last Edit: September 19, 2014, 04:17:22 pm by Robsoie »

Elaxter

• Bay Watcher
  • That one guy you don't know.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2290 on: September 19, 2014, 07:41:12 pm »

Is Adventure Mode 'fixed' yet?
Sig
You must kill yourself before you kills you.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2291 on: September 19, 2014, 08:40:45 pm »

It's not yet "fixed", there are more problems than in 34.11
Hopefully it will be better after a couple of releases.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2292 on: September 19, 2014, 09:25:56 pm »

Maybe another 5-10 releases to get it back to the level of buggyness that 34.11 was. Though theres a whole bunch of other bug stuff as well.

mirrizin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2293 on: September 20, 2014, 09:54:13 pm »

I visited one goblin site and did not have to do any ALT movement to reach the top floor.  But due to the lag you mentioned I have only tried this once or twice.  It sounds like you encountered some towers that didn't generate properly, but I can't be sure.  I also can't say how common this might be, as I've only visited a few goblin sites.  I can only say this doesn't happen all the time, at least in (I think) 40.08 when I tried it.
I've spent some time wandering through goblin sites in adventure mode, and in all of my wanderings, I encountered one goblin.

Said goblin, a wrestler, stoically stood still until I lopped its head off with a great axe.

The aesthetics of the broken land with occasional towers is kind of creepy, but I was hoping for some goblins.

I've similarly wandered into towns that were undergoing invasion, but the goblins and humans were all standing around. When night fell, they even slept in the same houses. I wasn't entirely sure whether I was killing an invading army or massacring an immigrant enclave. It was very confusing, and perhaps distressing from an RP standpoint.

Then there was the time I wandered into a goblin camp and half of them were killing the other half (it was hard to say where it began, but there were more corpses than goblins.) This, at least, can be logically explained (Merry and Pippen being carried off in The Two Towers) and it's an improvement on the "stand around passively and be murdered" attitude of other bandits I've encountered...

Then I hiked half a continent, partly through vacated goblin towns (that I could not fast-travel through) and then through miles and miles of swamp to reach a fortress I was rather proud of...

And the game crashed the moment I came out of fast travel mode just outside the fort.

Adventure mode does seem to be quite broken.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2294 on: September 20, 2014, 10:11:02 pm »

From what i experienced it seems that when bandits/goblins are ambushing you, they're hostile as they always should be (at least in latest version, there were 40.x version in which they were completely passive in an ambush), though the new problem is that most of the time they will just run away from you and your friend instead of giving you a big fight, you'll be "lucky" if one of them with a crossbow or bow will shoot once at you before spamming "i must widthdraw" and running away along the rest of the enemy troops.

Now the broken problem seems to be when you go to goblins/bandits without having been ambushed, by example walking in a castle with a bandit lord and he'll greet you as if you were his best friend instead of trying to make your head into a trophy for himself.

It seems to me that the game only assign bandit/goblin being hostile when an ambush is made, everywhere else and it's just nonsense passivity to you (and your party) unfortunately, and as you're pointing when you like to roleplay a character, it really breaks the atmosphere and so the fun.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 10:13:28 pm by Robsoie »
Pages: 1 ... 151 152 [153] 154 155 ... 327