Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616301 times)

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2385 on: October 14, 2014, 01:48:36 pm »

Well, it didn't seem to work anyway. Locals said it's terrible that I claim their houses and I retired and Legend mode doesn't have any indication that my group has any lands.

How is this supposed to work anyway?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 14, 2014, 02:00:25 pm »

You're supposed to oust the current site government leader, who is in the mead hall. You'll also have to deal with insurrective elements. The only way atm is to kill the lady/lord of the mead hall since you can't really drive them off, and like I said, something seems funky with claiming and retirement.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 14, 2014, 02:15:16 pm »

Oh I see. I killed the Lord and claimed some house, then retired. Let's see what happens next.

UPD: Yeah, my previous adventurer is the new lady of the town. She made awful lot of human bone jewellery in the past two weeks.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2014, 03:51:37 pm by Sirbug »
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 14, 2014, 11:13:48 pm »

Also, you don't actually claim their houses, just the site.

Aelund

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: October 15, 2014, 12:33:10 am »

I am having a weird problem with [f]iring things, [j]umping things and animating dead. Whenever I try to do any of those I see only empty black screen where I think I am supposed to see my surroundings just like when I [l]ook or [t]hrow. Is that somehow related to the fact I resized my window or something like that?

Edit: some examples...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Also, if I act as if I saw the X and move it and then press enter my character still performs the action, but as you might imagine it's not very convenient to be blind like that.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 12:56:45 am by Aelund »

ViiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 15, 2014, 02:16:34 pm »

The same issue for me, tried changing tilesets, didn't helped. At least [f]ire and [j]ump are bugged.

EDIT: It's an issue with tilesets, vanilla ASCI works fine.

EDIT2: Issue seams to be only with Starter Pack, standalone Phoebus works just fine
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 02:30:55 pm by ViiK »

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 21, 2014, 07:13:18 am »

For example, I've killed a bandit and I want to take his head with me, but if I didn't chop his head off when he was alive I can only butcher him and take the scull. So, is there a mode or something to attack a corpse like a living person?

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2392 on: October 21, 2014, 02:15:56 pm »

For example, I've killed a bandit and I want to take his head with me, but if I didn't chop his head off when he was alive I can only butcher him and take the scull. So, is there a mode or something to attack a corpse like a living person?
That is not currently possible.  You could potentially mod in a reaction that takes a corpse and gives you a head, but I think that might be nontrivial as it would have to work for any kind of corpse and give you the same kind of head.  I'm not sure if it would work the way you want or not.  It might not be possible for the head to retain the name of who it came from.

If want to decapitate people, aim heavy strikes at their neck.  Knocking them out first (break fingers/toes, strangle them) makes this easier.

If you absolutely must have the head of someone you already killed, you can become a necromancer, re-animate the corpse and then decapitate it.  This could be quite hard though, as undead are very powerful in this version.

TL:DR - the most straightforward way to take a trophy is butcher the corpse and take the skull/brain/heart/whatever you like.  I think you already figured that out though.  I like to eat hearts...

shevtsov200

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 21, 2014, 08:52:10 pm »

Okay, thank you for answering.

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 21, 2014, 09:30:28 pm »

Guys, i known this is a old question but seriously, how the hell do you equip a backpack? This itsy bitsy problem have became the bane of my life (well, at least for my human outsider anyway), i did it as the quick start said:"Press W" but then what? It doesn't show up, i removed my self 'till i'm butt naked but no, still no backpack. I tried advance interaction and it's still the same. Lord, i'm
bleeding from every orifices so bad right now. HELP
The emperor protects.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 21, 2014, 09:38:16 pm »

My advice to you is  to upload the save to dffd.  give dffd dwarf fortress a search, registe, upload your save after compressing it (right click, send to, comprssed folder) and then post the link here.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 21, 2014, 09:40:16 pm »

Can there be a simpler alternative? I'm in class now and uploading the save file would be too much of a bloody hassel.
The emperor protects.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 21, 2014, 09:51:06 pm »

I only see three possible causes.  well four.   1.   you're trying to troll.  2.  you boink your raws.  3.  its a bug, a rare one.  4.  you are using an old version or tried to mix n' match them.   AFAIK even kobolds and elephants can equip backpacks
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

bigbenzx9000

• Bay Watcher
  • HERESY!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 21, 2014, 09:58:07 pm »

Not quite, i also encountered this back 0.3 and the current version is still trying to piss the hell out of me. Not to mention, this ain't even my home computer and the same thing is just happening again!!!1
The emperor protects.

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 22, 2014, 03:37:28 pm »

I wonder how common this is?  Most adventurers start out with a backpack equipped already, and would have no reason to equip another (since it holds infinite stuff).  Only adventurers starting as outsiders would need to equip a backpack, so it is conceivable that this is a bug present in vanilla DF, although probably not one that happens all the time.  Has anyone else experienced this (or NOT experienced it many times)?  Also, what race are you?  It is possible that somehow backpacks have gained a "size" (i.e. human sized) even though they are not supposed to and did not have size in previous versions.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 327