Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614772 times)

Bloax

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2400 on: October 22, 2014, 05:11:59 pm »

I have never experienced backpacks being unequippable, and I can't imagine any other reason for it happening other than RAWs getting fucked up.

oh_no

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: October 22, 2014, 05:13:41 pm »

I have never experienced backpacks being unequippable, and I can't imagine any other reason for it happening other than RAWs getting fucked up.
But it gets deeper than that.  Backpacks are hardcoded.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2402 on: October 23, 2014, 10:28:52 am »

Question:  I found 2 lone silver arrows *outside* in a corner of a tomb.  Neither I nor my companions use arrows (much less silver ones) and Im picking them up to see if they're glitched mummy loot.  Does worldgen do that?  Ive never seen that.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2014, 10:31:22 am by pisskop »
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2403 on: October 26, 2014, 10:02:58 am »

A hammerdwarf agreed to take me to a site. Now what?
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: October 26, 2014, 10:05:33 am »

A hammerdwarf agreed to take me to a site. Now what?

-Look it up with (Q)uest log.  in (s)ites, (f)ilter it with a search for the name and figure out where it is.  If the distance is significant the guide might actually cause a pop-up text block (even in fast travel) telling you more information as you close on the area.

Do note that upon actually crossing the threshold of the area (or getting into rough shouting range of a character, if applicable) the guide will break off from you.  Although they may still enjoy any relationship plus/malus you have.

Guides are, for game purposes, companions with a pre-existing agreement to terminate the companionship at a set (often abrupt) point.  They may remain on site and become an outcast of that site
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2405 on: October 26, 2014, 10:11:42 am »

Guides are, for game purposes, companions with a pre-existing agreement to terminate the companionship at a set (often abrupt) point.  They may remain on site and become an outcast of that site

I wish they would, you know, actually _guide_ you. When stuck in the maze of an mountain hall and trying in vain to find my way out it would be real handy.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: October 27, 2014, 12:45:08 pm »

Is there any tool to improve Adventure mode log ?
I want to bring up rumor about slaying a beast from quest, but that topic is so spammed with death of bogeymans, and wolfes etc.
It's one big mess.
That's frustrating.

I also have a question - When I started to play that was "The age of Rok and Mountain Titan". I killed that Rok, but It's still age of Rok and mountain Titan...
Why ? Is that a bug ?
« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 04:00:41 pm by Tilogour »

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: October 27, 2014, 11:12:22 pm »

So with wrestling is there anyway to snap the persons neck?
And how exactly does tossing someone work? (As in how to do it, I understand you want to throw them into a wall or hard surface in attempt to break them)
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #2408 on: October 27, 2014, 11:18:34 pm »

You can mod the neck to be a joint and then break it that way in older versions, I haven't tried it since the latest wave of updates but it probably still works. Just place the [JOINT] tag in under neck in the raws. (You can also put [EMBEDDED] in under throats if you want to rip those out too, IIRC.)

As far as tossing goes, I think the distance you can throw people is based on your strength and size vs their size and weight? Basically the bigger the gap the further they go, but I don't know if you can aim them now - again, haven't played the newer versions yet.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: October 28, 2014, 12:14:09 am »

Is there any tool to improve Adventure mode log ?
I want to bring up rumor about slaying a beast from quest, but that topic is so spammed with death of bogeymans, and wolfes etc.
It's one big mess.
That's frustrating.

I also have a question - When I started to play that was "The age of Rok and Mountain Titan". I killed that Rok, but It's still age of Rok and mountain Titan...
Why ? Is that a bug ?

It's also spammed with the 'attacks' of everything that so much as looks at you funny.

For the age name, it'll change at new years day. At least that's how it works in fort mode.

Chevaleresse

• Bay Watcher
  • A knight, returned from a journey weary and long
    • View Profile
    • Patreon
« Reply #2410 on: October 28, 2014, 07:28:53 am »

What do you do if you meet a GCS as your first opponent and you have a steel helm?
GM of Trespassers V2.
If you like my work, consider becoming a patron. (Since apparently people think this is a requirement: no, my game(s) are free to play and always will be.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2411 on: October 28, 2014, 07:32:10 am »

I just sprint the hell away from them.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2412 on: October 28, 2014, 08:40:34 am »

The adventurer 'bring up incident' is chronological.   afa GCS.  Id say try to get a companion  and a helm for them.  but certainly flee if by yourself.  thats a losing game, with GCS being noexert
PKs DF Mod!

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: October 28, 2014, 08:43:05 am »

I mean how do you throw someone?
like the key combinations and such
is there a specific part that you have to grab at or with to throw them?
sorry im new to wrestling
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: October 28, 2014, 08:51:34 am »

I mean how do you throw someone?
like the key combinations and such
is there a specific part that you have to grab at or with to throw them?
sorry im new to wrestling

Any body part works really, just grab and if the target isn't prone, you'll get the option to throw when you next attack with wrestling. It also depends on the size of your adventurer (and maybe strength?), so, if something is too big (I think I've thrown trolls as a dwarf before), you'll just get a 'you adjust your grip' message.
Pages: 1 ... 159 160 [161] 162 163 ... 327