Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615028 times)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2460 on: November 10, 2014, 05:01:37 pm »

I don't think observer has anything to do with seeing the armies on the map.

And I can confirm that ambush size no longer depends on the number of companions. Although if you have a whole bunch, single bandits may choose not to ambush you. And the long range patrols from goblin sites are just as big with several companions as when I'm alone.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2461 on: November 10, 2014, 07:07:05 pm »

Checking the wiki about Observer
http://dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Observer
It made me think : has anyone met a stealth npc/monster in adventure mode ? I don't remember having seen any out of fortress mode with thieves, snatchers or necromancers .

Give them some items. They will start like you, and will join to you. Without killing, just by talking, you can take off rulers. :) Give them just some stuff, even from They own cabinets. :)

I'm wondering, are NPC affected by the same lowered speed as the player when carrying many items or having heavy armor without having a good enough armor skill ?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2462 on: November 10, 2014, 08:47:49 pm »

It made me think : has anyone met a stealth npc/monster in adventure mode ? I don't remember having seen any out of fortress mode with thieves, snatchers or necromancers .

Give them some items. They will start like you, and will join to you. Without killing, just by talking, you can take off rulers. :) Give them just some stuff, even from They own cabinets. :)

I'm wondering, are NPC affected by the same lowered speed as the player when carrying many items or having heavy armor without having a good enough armor skill ?

No to the stealth adventure NPCs.
Yes to the NPCs being affected by weight.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2463 on: November 11, 2014, 07:34:45 am »

No to the stealth adventure NPCs.
Yes to the NPCs being affected by weight.

But Observer will help you find TRAPs.
And NPCs excluding your companions. They are in some cases slowed down, in other, They are not. Example: When you have dwarf companion as vampire elf and you will start sprinting, even weak dwarf in full bronze will be fast like you... And he will be not tired. O.o
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.

thanny

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2464 on: November 17, 2014, 08:24:46 pm »

Hello,

I'm a new player that hasnt played DF mode but I've played a few adventure mode games, I've done nothing of note except wrestling an unconscious boar then cutting off his tail and hitting him with it.

I always like playing as a rogue in games, very sneaky with a dagger and BAAM!

So i was wondering if that was possible here, is it? I want to make a dude that dual wields daggers, but I have a hard time actually dual wielding things, whenever I remove something I never get to choose in which hand it goes, so I never get to have 1 weapon in both hands at the same time, how do i make this work?

Thanks!

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2465 on: November 17, 2014, 09:10:51 pm »

Have the hand you want the dagger in be empty. Put away or drop anything in that hand to make it empty. The next thing you get or remove will go in that hand.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
  • <Servibot> thatkid, swag percentiles: 94
    • View Profile
« Reply #2466 on: November 18, 2014, 04:53:00 pm »

Is the AI fixed enough that the people ambushing you won't immediately flee in terror while asking if they are under attack?

Can I tell someone I murdered their child and get a response other than "It is inevitable" yet?

Basically-- is adventure mode back to the state it was in before, but with new features, or is everyone still a cowardly pacifist?

Also: Is it possible to drag people after grabbing them with a wrestling move yet?
Fame is a vapor. The only earthly certainty is oblivion.

mclarky96

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2467 on: November 18, 2014, 04:58:18 pm »

How do I find hell? I am already in a cavern but I can't seem to find the entrence to hell

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2468 on: November 18, 2014, 05:00:37 pm »

How do I find hell? I am already in a cavern but I can't seem to find the entrence to hell
There is no entrance without digging.  Also, unless you found 2 'downward passages' you aren't nearly deep enough.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2469 on: November 18, 2014, 05:01:21 pm »

Spoilers.

Also--

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Pirate Bob

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC: TORTURE_FOR_SCIENCE: ACCEPTABLE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2470 on: November 19, 2014, 12:16:04 pm »

Is the AI fixed enough that the people ambushing you won't immediately flee in terror while asking if they are under attack?
Yes, at least sometimes ambushers behave properly (or at least better) now.

Can I tell someone I murdered their child and get a response other than "It is inevitable" yet?

Basically-- is adventure mode back to the state it was in before, but with new features, or is everyone still a cowardly pacifist?
I don't think any variety has been added to the conversation, although I haven't played much since Toady did the latest emotions update in 40.14 so I'm not sure.  I am also not sure if the balancing Toady did to make everything less cowardly will make people attack you if you kill one of their loved ones, but I suspect not.  Since this release went from all NPC actions being scripted automatic responses (for example, previously attacking a member of a civ meant all members would try to kill you forever) to complex decisions based on "emotions", I think it's going to be a while before the majority of decisions made by NPCs actually make sense.  But now there is at least a framework for all NPCs to make rational decisions, even though the inputs to the decision-making process are not yet properly balanced, resulting in largely irrational behavior.

Also: Is it possible to drag people after grabbing them with a wrestling move yet?
No.  Don't know that I quite follow why you would want to do that, but if you move while wrestling someone you let go.

thatkid

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2471 on: November 20, 2014, 05:27:50 pm »

No.  Don't know that I quite follow why you would want to do that, but if you move while wrestling someone you let go.

Throwing people off of cliffs, obviously. But thanks for answering my questions. Sounds like adventure mode might be playable again.

Psilobe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2472 on: November 21, 2014, 02:36:53 pm »

Can you increase your base attributes or are they fixed?

Also can you remove the need for confirmation before attacking a new target?

Corinthian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2473 on: November 21, 2014, 08:12:00 pm »

So my elf adventurer is narrowly avoiding bogeymen assaults somehow. He's napping an hour at a time to fend off death by exhaustion (just assuming that's a thing). Killed a couple honey badgers for meat as needed.

Problem is, he's thirsty. I passed a brook and didn't think to collect water at the time, and backtracking isn't an appealing option at all. Can I ward off thirst by drinking badger blood?

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2474 on: November 21, 2014, 08:40:04 pm »

So my elf adventurer is narrowly avoiding bogeymen assaults somehow. He's napping an hour at a time to fend off death by exhaustion (just assuming that's a thing). Killed a couple honey badgers for meat as needed.

Problem is, he's thirsty. I passed a brook and didn't think to collect water at the time, and backtracking isn't an appealing option at all. Can I ward off thirst by drinking badger blood?

Nope
Pages: 1 ... 163 164 [165] 166 167 ... 327