Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608404 times)

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2475 on: November 21, 2014, 08:42:44 pm »

There's a lot of rivers, brooks and etc in the world map, there should be no need to go back a lot, just move on the world map (press T to travel on world map in case you didn't knew) and you'll reach a river/brook very quickly

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2476 on: November 21, 2014, 11:36:13 pm »

best material for whips?, i like the idea of a lasher character, and the wiki says that platinum is the best material for blunt weapons, or is there any alternative to it? (ouside of silver of course)

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: November 22, 2014, 01:51:12 am »

best material for whips?, i like the idea of a lasher character, and the wiki says that platinum is the best material for blunt weapons, or is there any alternative to it? (ouside of silver of course)

Outside of silver and platinum, steel would technically be the best, but you're not going to see steel whips unless you mod the raws in a way that steel whips will show up. Silver whips and scourges aren't hard to find.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: November 22, 2014, 04:00:16 pm »

So, uh, how do I get people to give me quests? Because I can't figure out the new conversation system.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: November 22, 2014, 04:19:51 pm »

the true quests from previous version of DF unfortunately have been all removed from DF2014, all you have now is a rumour system and none of the NPC seems to really care about what they're telling you anyways..
To get those rumour things :

- wait until someone (ally or random NPC) tell you about a problem, you reply to him and can ask him where is the problem located
- ask an NPC for problems and he will tell various kind of problems, reply with bringing the subject on a specific one and you'll be able to ask where it is.
- if you're a heartperson you can ask your lord/lady about heartperson duty, sometime instead of telling you there's no problem, they may give you a real quest (good luck for making it works)

But most of those are not quests with an ending in the end, very likely because it's not really completely implemented and sometime even broken as if you get rid of the "problem", whatever it is, those NPC will most likely reply at 99% of chance "it was inevitable" and that will be it (and will probably re-tell you about the same problem later, ignoring that you already told them you got rid of it)

Very rarely an NPC will be actually happy the "problem" is resolved (like in the case of children being freed and brought back to the parent), and sometime they will even accuse you of being a murderer for solving the problem they pointed you to...
« Last Edit: November 22, 2014, 04:21:40 pm by Robsoie »

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: November 22, 2014, 04:26:05 pm »

Hmmh... Well, that's unfortunate, but in that case, how does one increase the max-follower count?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: November 22, 2014, 06:26:49 pm »

fame.

spread word of your deeds and kill many enemies that attack you first.

base attributes

social awareness and maybe empathy

necromancer

make your iwn followers.

modding.

Add an interaction
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: November 22, 2014, 06:49:35 pm »

Ah, I see, so I guess I should be recounting all the crap I've killed to every villager I meet? On it.
Muh FG--OOC Thread

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: November 22, 2014, 07:03:18 pm »

I'm wondering, what is the max amount of living followers people have managed to get in DF2014 without modding their games in any ways ?
My most long lived adventurer with several hundred of enemies killed (and all reported) has only managed 4 or 5 followers (while having high social awareness).

It's a pity the followers amount are that severely capped, as in that state you can't make armies and lead them into battle vs other armies (though i never saw anything worthy of being called an army when i found "army in the march", at most a dozen of eternally sleeping gobs) or civilisations.

Though i wonder, if you claim lordship on a location, are you still badly capped in your max followers ?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: November 22, 2014, 07:17:22 pm »

Ah, I see, so I guess I should be recounting all the crap I've killed to every villager I meet? On it.
they are neutral, usually.  try killing semimegabeasts instead.  prove yourself a warrior.  its hard to get a title or reputation for anyone group (let alone civ), but its doable.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: November 22, 2014, 10:31:32 pm »

I'm wondering, what is the max amount of living followers people have managed to get in DF2014 without modding their games in any ways ?
My most long lived adventurer with several hundred of enemies killed (and all reported) has only managed 4 or 5 followers (while having high social awareness).

It's a pity the followers amount are that severely capped, as in that state you can't make armies and lead them into battle vs other armies (though i never saw anything worthy of being called an army when i found "army in the march", at most a dozen of eternally sleeping gobs) or civilisations.

Though i wonder, if you claim lordship on a location, are you still badly capped in your max followers ?

I use superior social awareness and I can have a max of 12 followers easy. You can still increase that greatly by rescuing prisioners, but those aren't really combat viable.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: November 22, 2014, 11:19:35 pm »

Just one more level of stat make such a big difference ?
I'll have to give this a try on my next character.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: November 23, 2014, 04:01:37 pm »

Exploring a pocket world to test some things, i went into the ruins of a dwarf fortress.
And noticed there was no bed at all anywhere in the thousands of little "bedrooms", there were only clothes on the "bedrooms" , and all of them were size "large".

I thought the bug with dwarves fortress not having a single dwarf-sized item had been solved a few versions ago, anyone ran into this problem in 40.18 ?
Maybe only the "still alive" dwarves fortress are fixed and the ruins are still affected ?

edit : yes, i found the report and it's supposed to be fixed since 40.11 , so i reported my 40.18 save
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 04:10:22 pm by Robsoie »

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: November 23, 2014, 04:34:57 pm »

Exploring a pocket world to test some things, i went into the ruins of a dwarf fortress.
And noticed there was no bed at all anywhere in the thousands of little "bedrooms", there were only clothes on the "bedrooms" , and all of them were size "large".

I thought the bug with dwarves fortress not having a single dwarf-sized item had been solved a few versions ago, anyone ran into this problem in 40.18 ?
Maybe only the "still alive" dwarves fortress are fixed and the ruins are still affected ?

edit : yes, i found the report and it's supposed to be fixed since 40.11 , so i reported my 40.18 save

I've never had any problems finding normal (for dwarves) sized clothes and armor since it was fixed. Haven't paid close attention to the bedrooms in ruins though, but the armor in the trade depot and shops aredwarf sized.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: November 23, 2014, 06:43:42 pm »

That's what I've seen in a post 40.11 ruin; large stuff in bedrooms, dwarf sized stuff in depot and storeroom. Ruined by a forgotten beast, but may have been under goblin civ control at some point, so maybe the large stuff is meant for trolls. (Hillocks to the west have trenches and towers. A nearby dark fortress claims it trades with this ruin. They also claim to trade with a vault.)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2014, 07:01:08 pm by Ziusudra »
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 327