Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608314 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2701 on: January 29, 2015, 09:04:59 am »

It looks like a modder who did enough to get his own page.
  DF Hack Scripts seem to be his thing.

This page was last modified on 27 October 2014, at 15:43.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: January 29, 2015, 10:23:22 am »

Has anybody had an army actually arrive at a site while they were there in adventurer mode?
()==[:::::::::::::>

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: January 29, 2015, 10:24:58 am »

Has anybody had an army actually arrive at a site while they were there in adventurer mode?
I did.
  Goblins arrived at an elven forest retreat, pre-split into groups of 3-6.  They chased after the elves present, and then me after my companion jumped up to defend them.
  The goblins murdered a bunch of elves, but alas were put down by the giant jaguars present.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: January 29, 2015, 11:53:19 am »

In my goblin world adventures (high number of beasts+lower pop cap means there is a good chance that only gobs survive worldgen) I had a situation where I was trying to find my militia commander/local lord and bumped into an asterisk outside the fort to see who it was, like 30 goblins load up around me, thankfully they were on my side, but later I found a situation where I walked in as a similar sized force was busy clearing some towers and chasing civvies around.

Also had a fort that I think was a bit glitched but on the travel map there were like ten or fifteen of the roaming unit asterisks around it, bumping into any that I tried gave me stuff like crundle and flesh blob recruits, and one of them was a three man dorf squad that I happened to walk in on as another squad of crundles attacked.

Oh, and I found an actual necromancer zombie army shortly after it left the tower and was gathering outside with their necromancer general and lieutenants.

As for the script, he mentions on the page that it works fine for versions tested up to like 40.16, I recall it working fine with at least 40.22 or 40.23, so I would expect it to be the same with 40.24 as the stuff that script pokes at hasn't changed like the rest has.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: January 30, 2015, 01:46:20 am »

Can I kill sentients and drop them at a fort for their use, mmm thats a tasty *minced elf roast*
You can't butcher sentients in fort mode, but if you wait until you're hungry enough in adventure mode you can butcher them for later fort mode roasting.
Is being a werebeast necromancer husk better than a vampnecro husk.
Considering werebeasts regenerate limbs and husks already do everything a vampire does, the answer should be obvious (unless the attribute doubling stacks, but even then you're always one bad roll away from permanent dismemberment.)
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: January 30, 2015, 02:16:26 pm »

Is there any way to multi-grasp misc. objects?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: January 30, 2015, 02:18:52 pm »

Is there any way to multi-grasp misc. objects?
No.

Multigrasp isn't a 'good' thing.  It removes penalties, not grants buffs.  Your character will multigrasp if their hands are completely free of other items automatically.
wouldn't make a bad suggestion for the suggestion subforum, though.
PKs DF Mod!

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: January 30, 2015, 02:28:32 pm »

Multigrasp isn't a 'good' thing.  It removes penalties, not grants buffs.
Hmm, do you mean to say that any object - no matter how large and heavy - has no penalty unless it is a weapon or possibly unless it is a weapon designed to be used two-handed?

Your character will multigrasp if their hands are completely free of other items automatically.
They don't if it's a misc. object.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: February 01, 2015, 11:52:47 am »

Has anyone ever successfully tracked someone? Whenever I follow  trail, it seems to go on forever, then just quit. It's like these tracks are just randomly generated independently of any actual source.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: February 01, 2015, 12:22:39 pm »

Multigrasp isn't a 'good' thing.  It removes penalties, not grants buffs.
Hmm, do you mean to say that any object - no matter how large and heavy - has no penalty unless it is a weapon or possibly unless it is a weapon designed to be used two-handed?

Your character will multigrasp if their hands are completely free of other items automatically.
They don't if it's a misc. object.
If it doesn't automatically multigrasp, than there is no way to and there should be no penalties for it.  Movement and thus attack speed will be negatively effected if its heavy enough.
PKs DF Mod!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: February 01, 2015, 12:25:17 pm »

Has anyone ever successfully tracked someone? Whenever I follow  trail, it seems to go on forever, then just quit. It's like these tracks are just randomly generated independently of any actual source.

I've done it locally, when I ran from a Night Horror and then tracked it back down.
  Also considering that the game does track the movements of some critters as they go out, their should be tracks to them.
PKs DF Mod!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: February 01, 2015, 01:03:06 pm »

I've done it locally, when I ran from a Night Horror and then tracked it back down.
  Also considering that the game does track the movements of some critters as they go out, their should be tracks to them.
I thought some of them might be their regular daily patrol, and if I waited long enough I'd see them come back around. That's what hunters would have to do; lie in wait where the signs are. Unfortunately my char has Below Average Patience, and so do I.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: February 02, 2015, 08:55:20 am »

Is there anything worth going into the sewers for anymore?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: February 02, 2015, 09:12:09 am »

Is there anything worth going into the sewers for anymore?
Potentially free kills.  The sewer dwellers are likely bandits with minimal skills and poor equipment.
  Much more interesting are the catacombs.  There's loot in them.  And friendly bandits.  And the occasional zombie (biomes permitting)
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 327