Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616558 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2715 on: February 02, 2015, 09:51:28 am »

Is there anything worth going into the sewers for anymore?
Potentially free kills.  The sewer dwellers are likely bandits with minimal skills and poor equipment.
  Much more interesting are the catacombs.  There's loot in them.  And friendly bandits.  And the occasional zombie (biomes permitting)
I used to find masterworked weapons and armor down there, occasionally steel. But now it seems all the creeps who used to lurk there run aboveground long enough to kill them there, so would any of that be down there now?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: February 02, 2015, 09:54:31 am »

Not likely armor or weapons.  But I traded one noble his steel knife for an exceptional iron boat I found.
  The zombies later attacked him, and he scored some good shots with the boat before dying.
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: February 02, 2015, 10:56:56 am »

Lots of vamps and werebeasts hang in them at some point during or after world gen too.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: February 02, 2015, 11:32:20 am »

Lots of vamps and werebeasts hang in them at some point during or after world gen too.
That's what I'm used to from last version, but this world has all of those taking constant patrols through the city, and when I did get around to exploring the sewers I didn't find any of them.

I haven't tried swimming the tunnels yet, so there may be decent fungiwood weapons and shields to find, but so far I'm not finding dead heroes with all their heroic equipment laying around like before.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: February 02, 2015, 11:40:02 am »

I think you've just got awesome luck with generating vamp friendly worlds, I haven't gotten that yet. Most I've seen so far was like five or six.

DollMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: February 02, 2015, 01:34:27 pm »

Hello everybody!  :)
I've created a world with 2 dwarf civilizations (for example, Civilizations "A" and "B"). Now I'm playing as adventurer from civilization "A".
What I need to do to my adventurer could came as migrant to my future fortress in civilization "B"?
Retire him in close place to my future fortress? Or retire in any hamlet of civilization "B"? Or it is impossible?

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: February 02, 2015, 01:36:24 pm »

Go to one of Civilization B's sites and retire.

Your adventurers are one of the few figures in DF who can maintain a Dual-citizenship.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

DollMaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: February 02, 2015, 01:39:41 pm »

pisskop, cool, thank you!

Lockem Shoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: February 03, 2015, 10:31:45 pm »

Are Misc Object Users still viable in this version (I know in previous versions I could destroy a lot of things with coffins).

I was also wondering if such a fighting skill was feasible for bringing into fortress mode. I was thinking about retiring him once I get bored of my Misc Object User to work as a carpenter in my Fortress, but can dwarves be put into your military without them forgetting that they need to pick up a desk or chair to fight with (assuming I have Specific Weapon selected for equip)?

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: February 03, 2015, 10:41:02 pm »

Yes very good. And thing that weighs alot usualy sends smaller enemys flying, and often crushes limbs and organs.
Minecarts are my favourite

Have a fucking good day
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: February 03, 2015, 10:59:58 pm »

dwarves in fortress mode only reliably use misc object when shield bashing or tantruming.
PKs DF Mod!

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: February 03, 2015, 11:12:09 pm »

Are Misc Object Users still viable in this version (I know in previous versions I could destroy a lot of things with coffins).

I was also wondering if such a fighting skill was feasible for bringing into fortress mode. I was thinking about retiring him once I get bored of my Misc Object User to work as a carpenter in my Fortress, but can dwarves be put into your military without them forgetting that they need to pick up a desk or chair to fight with (assuming I have Specific Weapon selected for equip)?
I use crutches when training crutch-walking, even more useful when you do lose a leg. Dwarves in forts can also use crutches to attack or parry with. You never really know what a dwarf or any enemy is going to grab and swing, and if they happen to have a sock on hand, that's what they'll use. In adventurer mode, you get strikes of opportunity with anything in your hands, so the more objects you're holding, the more opportunities to score a telling blow. Misc Obj improves the damage.

EDIT: Question: How do you put yourself out if you're on fire?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 06:17:48 am by Uzu Bash »

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: February 04, 2015, 12:14:49 pm »

EDIT: Question: How do you put yourself out if you're on fire?

Stop drop and roll.
Throw water a few z levels above you to make it rain.
Or the only actual method is a body of water.
But if you are on fire its a sign that something went wrong. And I bet it was cause your parents gave you a weird name and everybody laughed at you for having the name Dave. Oh you never see anyone with the name 'Dave' *sniggers to himself*
Well youve had enough and boom all the pent up rage caused you to spontaneously douse yourself in flour, elf tallow and dwarven whiskey whislt sobing to a madolin being shreded by the most ripped jacket wearing drunk
 And the sparks from the animal intestine strings and his fingers leapt onto you and touched you causing you to feel a deep burning sensation in your loins.
So you quickly ran into the woods an you screamed into the heavens.
How do I stop the fire burning!
And silence followed, because life in a word is, death
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2728 on: February 04, 2015, 12:30:30 pm »

But if you are on fire its a sign that something went wrong.
On the contrary, I consider it a mark of success. I'm aglow with victory! But now the dragon-slaying celebration is over and I want the fire to stop.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: February 04, 2015, 12:35:21 pm »

Fire is dangerous, but removes fat, boosts willpower, and as a result makes you more resistant to future fire related incidents.

I consider >40% of your body burning to be hazardous, not accounting for other reasons to lose blood.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:39:11 pm by pisskop »
PKs DF Mod!
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 327