Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616596 times)

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2730 on: February 04, 2015, 12:36:14 pm »

How do I stop the fire burning!
And silence followed, because life in a word is, death

If you cant fast travel or find blue magma you are fracked like a miner
« Last Edit: February 04, 2015, 12:39:30 pm by That Wolf »
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2731 on: February 05, 2015, 08:42:57 am »

Hola.
Is the glacial body swap in the newer versions?

Edited.
Hope no one saw that...
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 11:12:13 am by That Wolf »
I am not afraid of an army of Warriors led by a Child; I am afraid of an army of Children led by a Warrior.

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2732 on: February 05, 2015, 01:15:42 pm »

Hola.
Is the glacial body swap in the newer versions?

Edited.
Hope no one saw that...

I did, but I don't remember what it was that I saw. I also don't know what a 'glacial body swap' is.
()==[:::::::::::::>

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2733 on: February 05, 2015, 01:23:42 pm »

You could walk into the frozen sea untill it said you cant fast travel and you slept and became a ramdom creature nearby until you slept again becoming another creature, rinse wash repeat.
You could become demons in hell.
I just tried and maybe im doing it wrong but I'll say its been fixed

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2734 on: February 05, 2015, 06:10:53 pm »

Pretty sure that bug was mentioned as fixed for 0.40.1.

That Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Yes, that Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2735 on: February 05, 2015, 06:26:56 pm »

Thanks Nahere, i tried and tought it was,
Ill just learn how to play as proc genned demons instead

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2736 on: February 06, 2015, 09:27:52 am »

I have "g (NE)" on the left, under headings to various sites, and I read it as "you see goblin to your northeast". But I have not been able to actually see it myself on map. Is there a way to center view on such nearby creatures?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

ptb_ptb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2737 on: February 06, 2015, 09:59:20 am »

I have "g (NE)" on the left, under headings to various sites, and I read it as "you see goblin to your northeast". But I have not been able to actually see it myself on map. Is there a way to center view on such nearby creatures?
I think that is shown when you are looking at trac(K)s. The actual goblin may be far out of sight.
()==[:::::::::::::>

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2738 on: February 06, 2015, 10:33:32 am »

I think that is shown when you are looking at trac(K)s. The actual goblin may be far out of sight.
Ah, so it rather is "looking at those tracks around you you think there is a goblin somewhere to the northeast from you". Got him now.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2739 on: February 06, 2015, 05:27:00 pm »

When I fire from crossbow game moves really fast for like 10x10 rounds so I am usually unsure where did that bolt go. Is there a way to slow it somehow?
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2740 on: February 06, 2015, 06:37:06 pm »

After I have drunk few water units I am still thirsty but when I try to drink more I get "You are too full". How is that possible?
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2741 on: February 06, 2015, 06:54:18 pm »

After I have drunk few water units I am still thirsty but when I try to drink more I get "You are too full". How is that possible?
DF creatures are very inefficient at actually absorbing the water they drink into the body, apparently.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #2742 on: February 06, 2015, 07:05:33 pm »

When I fire from crossbow game moves really fast for like 10x10 rounds so I am usually unsure where did that bolt go. Is there a way to slow it somehow?

I never really used crossbows or archery in Adventure mode (I choose to throw the bolts and arrows instead, which, for some reason, also raises the archery skill), but I'm pretty sure the better you are at archery, the less turns it takes to fire.

You can eat, and drink, only three units of whatever source you are consuming from. What I do is just travel one tile, stop, and consume three more until I no longer need to eat or drink.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2743 on: February 06, 2015, 07:13:25 pm »

I never really used crossbows or archery in Adventure mode (I choose to throw the bolts and arrows instead, which, for some reason, also raises the archery skill), but I'm pretty sure the better you are at archery, the less turns it takes to fire.
I doubt it would decrease the speed of the bolt. You'd probably have to lower the FPS to see where it goes.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #2744 on: February 07, 2015, 12:14:48 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I guess I misread what he was asking... oops.

Anyway, I guess the best way to find the bolt would just to travel in the direction you fired.
Pages: 1 ... 181 182 [183] 184 185 ... 327