Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616711 times)

a smiling bearded cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOTHOUGHT][NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2760 on: February 07, 2015, 09:07:14 pm »

I'm assuming the attack is the shooting, costing 3 instances, modified +/- agility, followed by reload (unknown++ instances), then by 3 instances for recover. Or some such order that matches melee.

If you swing a hammer, it's 3 instances for the attack, modified +/- agility, then modified +/- quick/wild/heavy/precise, then followed by recovery also 3 instances, again modified by +/- quick/wild/heavy/precise = the number of instances for your attack & recovery. I'm guessing that's the reversed engineered version of what you see from the NPC. You might see Urist McNPC starting heavy hammer attack. Press "," to move it to incoming, then to iminent, then the attack is delivered, and then Urist McNPC is shown recovering from the attack. The combat cycle is considered over once you see Urist McNPC at a neutral position (no movement direction, no attack in process, no recovery).

If that's not roughly what's going on, then I've no idea. Again, my best guess. I've never read an account where anyone really broke that whole thing down. I once asked about it, but no one replied.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 09:13:17 pm by a smiling bearded cretin »

Lockem Shoto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: February 08, 2015, 03:21:47 pm »

Does the newest version of Dwarf Fortress make it so that adv-bodyswap is not usable in Adventure Mode due to the new barter stuff? If there's more to it than just having DFHack then just note that I need to do more to make it work (proper setup for example). I just remember getting DFHack years back and being able to use the adv-bodyswap command without having to do anything extra. Now, I see "adv-bodyswap is not a recognized command," so I was just curious if I'm delusional or there's been a solid change to Adventure Mode itself. (Maybe my DFHack files were already preconfigured back then, who knows).

Also, has anybody had their retired adventurers have children/get married? I've already gone through a full week (IRL) trying to get my vampire adventurer to increase his lineage, only to learn that vampires were sterile. Before I try again on an ordinary dwarf being retired, is this possible?

Finally, is there a faster way to spread tales of my good deeds? I absolutely hate going up to NPCs and scrolling through all of the things that I've killed or been attacked by to find the dragon or roc that I slew. It's an issue for me because the filter command allows me to find the line that spreads rumours of the dragon or roc's existence, but never the killing of them or who killed them. It's just a pain - times like these make me wish NPCs were psychic again (though this is more realistic).

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: February 08, 2015, 03:36:30 pm »

Before I try again on an ordinary dwarf being retired, is this possible?
I would assume so, but your best bet would be to play a fort for a few years, then check back.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

EuphoriaToRegret

• Bay Watcher
  • [MUNDANE]
    • View Profile
    • My Newgrounds Art
« Reply #2763 on: February 08, 2015, 05:41:51 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Try using the dfusion command in DFhack.

I've had only one adventurer ever have children. I had to force them to socialize.
I guess, if you really wanted kids, you could use the dfusion command and force your female character to give birth. You won't be able to carry the child, so I guess you could do this right before retiring or even after if you force your adventurer to go to your own fort and retire.

Spreading rumors is a pain... and no... I haven't found a quick way to spread rumors as of yet.

I wish there was a way to quick select. Like hitting Shift-enter or something and marking all the things you want to say EVERY time you spread rumors. You would have the choice in spreading the rumor about how you slaughtered 3 dragons, but not the million bunnies that got scared shit-less when you happened to walk near them (the game decides this is a "conflict" and now you have a dozen entries on horrified bunnies...)

draeath

• Bay Watcher
  • So it has come to this...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: February 14, 2015, 05:29:40 pm »

... is there any way to give yourself a readable slab in adventure mode /w dfhack? I want to goof around with necromancy and I'm *terrible* at finding places... also the zombies would shred me in mere ticks if I did find one. I'm assuming create-item would just give me a slab I could hit things with (eg a blank memorial slab) and not anything that would teach me secrets.

I'd rather avoid using vampirism as that locks your stats (and I'd prefer not to grind for hours before doing that when I just want to try raising stuff).
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.
This kea is so raw it stole my wheelbarrow!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: February 14, 2015, 05:51:44 pm »

I don't know about DF Hack, but in maybe 15minutes (likely less if you do it swiftly. you could pull this off.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=146523.msg5874677#msg5874677
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: February 14, 2015, 07:48:58 pm »

I don't understand. How will this help me find them?
Urist McAlchemist cancels extract isotope: interrupted by supercriticality accident.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: February 14, 2015, 07:54:22 pm »

I don't understand. How will this help me find them?
Not find them, admittedly.  This will help you get the book/slab out once you do.  You could check legends viewer or any map for the iconic 'I'.  Also legends viewer should work well if you extract the proper files from legends.  I do recommend, especially since I find worldgen almost as fun as actual play.  Great maps.
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=3556
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

draeath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: February 15, 2015, 04:50:31 pm »

Well, my problem isn't knowing where to go, but how to get there (and where I am) - though that last part I suppose I could figure out with the same legends data :P

Navigating there can be a real PITA though. I wish you could choose what site you started from when creating a new adventurer.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: February 15, 2015, 04:59:00 pm »

In 40.xx, you can.  I agree that a map of the area would be a nice accompaniment.
PKs DF Mod!

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: February 16, 2015, 11:23:26 am »

New to adventure mode. Where I select "Background" between "Peasant" and "Locally Important", the background generated above always says "You are a peasant in XXX", is this normal? I couldn't find much information on what the selection actually means.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: February 16, 2015, 11:25:25 am »

That tells you what site you will be starting at.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: February 16, 2015, 12:08:30 pm »

I mean, it always says "you are a peasant", not another title.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: February 16, 2015, 12:36:52 pm »

That's the whole thing. I think it's building blocks for later features that expand on noble holdings for PCs and stuff, but for now it just changes whether you're a hearthperson (basically a knight) of a noble already or not.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

KingKaol

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a magma.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: February 16, 2015, 12:50:24 pm »

I seem to have spawned in a part of a dwarf site that has no exit :( i'm stuck. Are there any dfhack commands that could warp me out of here?
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 327