Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608298 times)

nippes

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2790 on: March 01, 2015, 08:01:43 am »

Hi,

is there any way to pick up multiple items at once?
It's just too much fun picking up every single item on the ground after butchering a whole bandit camp.
And what about merging the coin stacks?
My inventory looks like my monthly settlement...(not)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2015, 08:36:01 am by nippes »

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #2791 on: March 01, 2015, 02:32:29 pm »

Merging coin stacks (or even merging stacks of arrows/bolts) is an old dream since many years, unfortunately still not happening probably due to assigned ownership and whatever engraving tracking the engine is doing.

Hopefully one day.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2792 on: March 01, 2015, 09:20:00 pm »

I think you can get them to rule over a site while you're gone to prevent you from "forgetting your bold pronouncement". I've never actually gotten them to accept the offer though.
Interesting... I never had a problem with "forgetting your bold pronouncement". Which offer are you talking about when they decline? To become a hearthperson or for you to step down and them to rule in your place?

I believe the last one just makes them lord. The first thing I did was make all the living guards in the building my hearthperson and I never had a problem with losing my title or lands. You can even get a companion, who is also a hearthperson, to just wait there permanently for good measure. Which I did since I still have no clue what my hearthpeople do when I'm not around... or if they move at all.
Not the lord one, they'll accept that. Most likely the hearthperson one, unless there's another option. They tell me its an honor they cannot accept.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

woofinator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2793 on: March 05, 2015, 03:09:33 pm »

Is there an advanced world gen parameter that dictates goblin placement? I don't wanna completely remove them, but my fps is absolute shit around dark fortresses

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2794 on: March 05, 2015, 03:32:22 pm »

Just make worlds that don't go as long.

woofinator

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2795 on: March 05, 2015, 06:03:42 pm »

I mean I usually do around 250, but I like letting the world develop and night creatures abducting wives and legendary bandits with good lot at their camps and stuff.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2796 on: March 05, 2015, 06:23:22 pm »

Can adventurers use levers? I can't recall coming across one while playing adventurer mode.

Just wondering whether I should tear out or move a few levers in any case that I wanted to build an adventurer-proof vault or crypt.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2797 on: March 05, 2015, 07:20:16 pm »

Yes, they can. Use 'u' when you are standing near a lever. You can do the same thing to get water out of wells.

DizzyCrash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2798 on: March 05, 2015, 08:13:48 pm »

How do I cash in quests? I was told skulking vermin were in a town, so i went there, wiped them out, came all the way back and ... Have no clue what to do now, i dont know of a way to tell them what I did or gain there respect, no more peopel will fallow me than before so i assume they dont know what I did right?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2799 on: March 05, 2015, 08:16:03 pm »

I think you just tell people about the time when you slew them, but more often than not it makes you less popular, not more. I really have no idea how to gain reputation in this version. I usually just go it alone.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2800 on: March 07, 2015, 05:11:26 pm »

How do I do trade?

I have boatloads of coin in my inventory, I'm trying to buy stuff from an armorsmith. I know he belongs to the civ whose coin I'm trying to trade him for, because he has the same type of coins in his own inventory!

Specifically, I have:
1,591 Copper coins, 617 Silver coins, and 207 Gold coins, which should, I think, mean I have 3105+6170+1,591 = 10,865☼ worth of currency on my adventurer's person. (I slaughtered two alligators and a night creature, and traded the butchery products to local shopkeeps.)

But when I press
  • to offer currency, it says "Offer how much? 0-0".

Is the offer/ask broken, and I have to guesstimate values now?
Are they even worth their currency values at all, or are they just tiny material billets now?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2801 on: March 07, 2015, 05:42:08 pm »

You're in a different nation from the one that made the coins. The coins are only worth what they're made from outside the home civ.

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2802 on: March 07, 2015, 06:43:21 pm »

I'm going to ask a fortress question that might apply to adventure mode

Do dwarves learn armor user faster in heavy armor
EX: A dwarf in silver armor trains in armor user faster than a dwarf in leather armor
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2803 on: March 07, 2015, 06:45:32 pm »

no

Cryxis, Prince of Doom

• Bay Watcher
  • Achievment *Fail freshman year uni*
    • View Profile
« Reply #2804 on: March 07, 2015, 07:15:40 pm »

Ok

E: Looks like my cerimonial guards will be weighed down, but they will also be the highest trained since they will have been using the armor the longest. I'm having one squad use only silver and they will be purely for military showoffery and minor defensive stuff, everybody else will be in copper until I get iron
« Last Edit: March 07, 2015, 07:17:57 pm by Cryxis, Prince of Doom »
Fueled by caffeine, nicotine, and a surprisingly low will to live.
Cryxis makes the best typos.
Pages: 1 ... 185 186 [187] 188 189 ... 327