Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616676 times)

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2805 on: March 07, 2015, 07:20:54 pm »

You're in a different nation from the one that made the coins. The coins are only worth what they're made from outside the home civ.

I was in the very same town where I got those coins, and the very same shopkeeper I was trying to buy from had the exact same coins on his person! In nice, neat little quantities, too.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2806 on: March 07, 2015, 08:58:02 pm »

I think you offer an amount and they will correct it to a sensible one.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #2807 on: March 07, 2015, 09:10:24 pm »

Alternatively, go steal all the contents of somebody's dresser and offer a trade. Those things have enough decorations and quality most of the time for a skirt and a cape to net you an axe.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2808 on: March 07, 2015, 10:27:49 pm »

Better yet, go find a dorf fort and head downstairs, there will be regular forges and magma smelters, pull up advfort (you should be using it or the wanderer's mod reactions or both, they're amazing) and deconstruct a few forges with steel anvils, melt them down, then either deconstruct an existing smelter or ideally dig a channel and expose magma so you can properly place an impassable tile over it when building a forge with an iron anvil you grabbed already.

@ <-Stand here
v <-build downwards
7 <- open channel with magma below

It'll end up with the left impassable tile over the hole and you can start forging the steel into your own set of armor.

Don't sleep though, it can cause things to revert, and if this happens while you've got stuff sitting over or too close to an open magma pit you can get sprayed with mist, which ain't the most fun way to wake up.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2809 on: March 13, 2015, 05:36:57 pm »

Where I can find elf settled in tomb ? I was in 2 tombs (in location he settled), and except one mummy no one is here.
Where he can be?  On top of the tomb ??
« Last Edit: March 13, 2015, 05:53:35 pm by Tilogour »

drone1230

• Bay Watcher
  • Feel the might of my epi-pen
    • View Profile
« Reply #2810 on: March 13, 2015, 10:06:21 pm »

How do I disturb whoever is buried in a tomb? I want to actually see a mummy.
Just when you think you're good to go, you run into an undead camel that is a master of kung fu

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2811 on: March 13, 2015, 10:09:41 pm »

Break the front door down. Steal things. Set off traps. Get close to the coffin itself.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2812 on: March 14, 2015, 07:48:48 am »

Be prepared for the bug where they disappear after a few minutes... I was going to set loose a mummy and necromancer horde, and the dude just poofs into nothingness after a little while.

ShadowDragon8685

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2813 on: March 14, 2015, 08:16:50 am »

I think you offer an amount and they will correct it to a sensible one.

Nope. For some reason, whether I'm trying to sell or buy, the ao buttons - ask/offer currency - do nada. It always says "Ask/Offer how much [0-0]".

OTOH, they don't seem to value their coins very highly, either, offering them as a straight trade good, and a stack of 200 gold coins makes for a fairly decent throwing stockpile, certainly better (and lighter!) than filling my inventory with page upon page of sharpened stones.

SyrusLD

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2814 on: March 14, 2015, 11:01:16 am »

Does an adventurer ever die of old age, can that happen while you play him? [:

(Yes, I calculated that when you take 5 minutes per day and your adventurer would live for another 80 years, assuming he's a dwarf I'd guess, you need to play that adventurer for a theoretical ~94 days (spend ingame). I still would love to know if that is possible or not - theoretically.)
While I already got that question answered, I was playing around with the gm-editor a bit and this happened:

I still doubt you are likely to ever reach old age while playing normally since even after having spend like...real life days in the game, I still have yet to ever advance into a new year. (Then again I constantly restart new worlds...) Obviously you might get unlucky and start already being old...or can you? I mean...you won't be able to start as a child or baby, will you!?
In Remembrance of Bengel Hairybasement,
Strangler of a Sasquatch, Troglodytes and a Cyclops,
Slayer of a Giantess, whom he burned alive.
Died in a Heroic Fight with a Grizzly Bear.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2815 on: March 14, 2015, 01:35:14 pm »

Sometimes the adventurer you start with will be old enough that they'll die of old age after a few in-game days. I've seen it hapen in at least a few well-documented occasions here on the forums. Not sure if it still hapens in 40.xx, but I'm fairly sure none of this stuff has been fiddled with.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2816 on: March 19, 2015, 01:15:15 pm »

The Questsystem in 40.xx is really pain in the ass. It's really hard for me to find a group of Bandits or a dragon. Is there a different way, than to ask for vague directions? Or is there even a mod that optimizes that?
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2817 on: March 19, 2015, 01:52:28 pm »

Find the guy they say is knowledgeable and keep him with you. In fact, you can go through the whole world's list of troubles and get them all on your map, directly from him. If you want him to guide you there, for some reason he can't do that while he's already joined you, but when you're there he'll stick around long enough to invite him again. So there's your walking waypoint. The events list will also keep track of who or what is where, so you can filter for locations around you to see if there's anything to stop for.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2818 on: March 19, 2015, 03:15:40 pm »

That will help. Thank You Uzu Bash!
Pardon for my mistakes

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2819 on: March 20, 2015, 03:31:57 pm »

Me again!
I've a question about a beasthunting Quest:

I managed to find and get to the region "the Faded Forest". But how can I find "Fortunedgolds"? I haven'd found any useful information, neither in the regions tab, nor in any other tab in the quest menu. How can I find this place and finally track down my first dragon?
Pardon for my mistakes
Pages: 1 ... 186 187 [188] 189 190 ... 327