Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616670 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2820 on: March 20, 2015, 03:39:14 pm »

You're looking for "Sites". Regions are a more general area around the sites, so Fortunedgolds should be within it. Ask your guide for directions.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2821 on: March 20, 2015, 09:19:46 pm »

I didn't learn this for far too long:

shift+Q to pull up your quest log, you'll default to starting in (e)vents, hit f and start typing the name of the place you're after, it'll (f)ilter the list down to the entry with the name of the beast/army/abductee/etc and the site plus the type of event, attack, death, invasion, abduction, yield demand, uhhh... escalation, something else I'm missing.

For agreements I'll go ahead and bring up my little trick I've mentioned before, but if you're taking twenty kids to a bunch of places, make sure nickname is set to "middle" rather than either replace and nickname them the site they're going to, in the agreements menu you can then see their names (the nickname will show up properly in this screen like this and you can distinguish between mebzuth "steelrumor" olonlibash and mebzuth "leafviews" uristnazush easier if you have nicks in the middle.

With the names visible you can pull up the (m)ap and check if nearby sites or ones you know match their names, and if not you can just go over to (s)ites and search the names while they're fresh in your memory.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2822 on: March 22, 2015, 12:22:43 pm »

That's actually a great idea! At first glance a bit inconvenient, though.

You're looking for "Sites". Regions are a more general area around the sites, so Fortunedgolds should be within it. Ask your guide for directions.
That helped a lot! I asked my companion and that "unlocked" the location in the Sites Tab.

//: Hm, I got a new problem to solve.

Regions Tab says that "the Faded Forest" not far away in the north:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

But when I search for "Fortunedgolds" in the Site Tab, it shows me the Location far away in the south. Also in a another region.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Did the Mayor lie to me, or did I misunderstood something?

« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:45:41 pm by Showbiz »
Pardon for my mistakes
english isn't my native language

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2823 on: March 22, 2015, 12:23:19 pm »

accidentally doublepostet
« Last Edit: March 22, 2015, 12:27:44 pm by Showbiz »
Pardon for my mistakes

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2825 on: March 24, 2015, 12:00:57 am »

So, elven villages have a Home Tree. The Home Tree is very large. What happens if you chop down the Home Tree?
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2826 on: March 24, 2015, 06:14:46 am »

Clunk-clunk-clunkclunk-clunk-clunk... it comes back when you travel or wait sadly, still fun.

SaD-82

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2827 on: March 24, 2015, 10:38:48 am »

You also can ask the person who mentioned the beast about the direction to the site (not the whereabout of said creature but the mentioned site in particular). Either right after he mentioned the task or you manually pick up the topic by "Ask for directions". If you do this, then it will state "you received the direction (or something else closely to that)".
Then you open Ctrl-Q, browse to the sites, search for the specific site, type z for selecting it on the map. There it is on the world map.
If you are now traveling to this tile you will see while being in said tile on the travel-map certain spots (for example in Phoebus-tilesets a little mountain for lairs, suns for camps, etc.). This is what you are looking for.
If the beast isn't found inside the lair then you have to skulk around in relative close proximity until you find encounters on the travel-map. Check those encounters and eventually you will find your beast. Or it will find you. Either way, fun times ahead.

Showbiz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2828 on: March 24, 2015, 05:42:11 pm »

Okay, I think I get it now. Many thanks!

What a lovely and patient community.

Just a little question this time:
I've trouble to spread rumors about my victories. Simply because because I don't know how to filter what Im looking for. Is there a way to exfiltrate the rumors about the People and Beasts I've killed so far?

Clunk-clunk-clunkclunk-clunk-clunk... it comes back when you travel or wait sadly, still fun.
Uhm, you can hack down Trees?

// Just found this
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:52:12 pm by Showbiz »
Pardon for my mistakes

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2829 on: March 24, 2015, 05:45:25 pm »

Assuming you have dfhack, yes, get a battle axe (I think a great axe will also work) in your main hand and hit the keybind for it (I think ctrl+t is the default) then you'll see a little overlay pop up on the top left with something like "R Dig Channel T", hit shift+r or shift+t until you see "Fell Tree", face a tree and careful move in that direction, I think it's alt+direction normally. You should see a timer start counting down and everything fast forward for a second and then a pile of logs will fall to the ground and it will start raining elves. :D
« Last Edit: March 24, 2015, 05:56:54 pm by Max™ »

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2830 on: March 24, 2015, 05:53:05 pm »

Any weapon that uses the axe skill. Has to be a weapon though. For example, meat cleavers use the axe skill, but are tools, so therefor they cannot be used.

Key bindings may vary, or may not exist. The adv-fort add-on for DFHack allows you to do many jobs in adventure mode that are normally only possible for fort mode dwarves.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2831 on: March 24, 2015, 05:54:21 pm »

Yar:

That's what the outcome tends to be btw, some variation of that, which was done with a great axe.

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2832 on: March 24, 2015, 06:41:52 pm »

Hee, I need to get DFhack sometime.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2833 on: March 24, 2015, 06:57:03 pm »

A lot of the practical skills adventurers should be able to learn, the same as Butchery. Like cutting wood, breaking stone, identifying and collecting edibles from the flora. But it's a serious shortfall in the Merchants' Arc that there aren't NPC craftsmen to perform the skilled crafts that these workshops can do. Adventurers shouldn't have to do that; if they wanted to become shopkeepers, they wouldn't have left home as soon as they came of age.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2834 on: March 24, 2015, 07:13:48 pm »

Yeah, that's why I suggest everyone at least try out the wanderer's mod stuff, the basic stuff is just adding a few adventurer enabled reactions to let you do things like turn dead foes into bone and leather armor or weapons, more advanced stuff like adding items which give you a power-up made from components of semimega and megabeasts, resizing armor (which is technically just creating a new piece of armor of the same type/material by using a tanned hide and the source armor) and so forth which are honestly amazing additions.

Hell I didn't realize how much I would appreciate the salad making until I found myself in the middle of a long journey with no food and remembered I could pluck leaves from plants around me and use those to survive.
Pages: 1 ... 187 188 [189] 190 191 ... 327