Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615552 times)

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2940 on: May 23, 2015, 08:12:22 am »

1. Do you mean the actual in-game log with the map/region/everything or the combat reports ? If the latter, it should be in the gamelog in your DF folder.
2. I never had problems with peasants stealing my stuff, so I'd assume they will leave it on the ground.

LordFreezer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: May 23, 2015, 08:53:31 am »

1.  Yep the latter is what I was looking for, thanks for pointing me to it.
2.  Excellent, my future consists of piles of treasure and skulls

Thanks for your help

Dampe

• Bay Watcher
  • Texan Gamer
    • View Profile
    • My brand-new YouTube channel!
« Reply #2942 on: May 23, 2015, 11:02:54 am »

Ok, thanks.
One more question:
How do you guys start out? Do you do a job first, or go around practicing on small, defenceless, furry creatures?

Job first, usually.
Well, actually, it's "raid the mead hall for all their valuable shit," and then job.
Regards,
Dampe

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: May 25, 2015, 02:52:38 pm »

1. Have Vampires been changed so that your stats can now increase after becoming one? I'm playing as a vamp right now and after transformation I had superior strength and high endurance, but now after (apparently)hyper training by swimming through an ocean at full speed in a full suit of armour, I have superhuman strength and endurance!

2. Does blood sense work on other Night Creatures?
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Klisz

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: May 25, 2015, 04:13:31 pm »

1. Have Vampires been changed so that your stats can now increase after becoming one? I'm playing as a vamp right now and after transformation I had superior strength and high endurance, but now after (apparently)hyper training by swimming through an ocean at full speed in a full suit of armour, I have superhuman strength and endurance!

Seems like vampcurses still have NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN. This may be a bug.

Night trolls, bogeymen, and werebeasts all have [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON], so yes, at least for those (I'm not sure about undead).

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: May 26, 2015, 02:23:47 pm »

Yup. An old bug, and one I used to great effect in 0.34 for vampire sewer powertraining.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: May 26, 2015, 02:30:50 pm »

You can definitely detect other undead, only things that don't show up are stuff like inorganic titans/fbs, colossi, uhhh, I don't think magma men and such show up either.

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
  • ENEMIES! We Need Enemies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: May 26, 2015, 04:21:06 pm »

Hmm i made an adventurer and asked for quests they sent me to a village to find a vampire but when i got to the village it was abandoned where would the vampire be?

Zombiecow99

• Bay Watcher
  • ENEMIES! We Need Enemies
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: May 26, 2015, 07:12:12 pm »

Also how am i supposed to find the entrance into a dwarven cave. Ive searched all over to get but cant find the entrance.

Usul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: May 27, 2015, 04:43:55 am »

The cave entrances are near the top, but not at the uppermost level. If you can't find it and are sure this is a cave, you can use reveal, if you don't mind using dfhack.

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: May 27, 2015, 05:53:33 pm »

Night trolls, bogeymen, and werebeasts all have [CREATURE_CLASS:GENERAL_POISON], so yes, at least for those (I'm not sure about undead).
Thanks.

Yeah, guess that's a bug then. Oh well, those stats will help some tests I was planning to do with this adventurer regarding biting and it's combat effectiveness, including what you can and can't bite off an enemy.
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: May 28, 2015, 02:30:02 am »

Pretty sure biting and pinching have similar effectiveness in certain conditions, so I would say you can probably bite an unconscious foe in the arm and have it go sailing off in an arc. I know for sure you can completely dismember a goblin or elf by pinching body parts... gives me an image of dorf thumbs and index fingers clacking together like tinsnips.

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: May 28, 2015, 02:54:34 am »

Biting uses SHEAR while pinching uses COMPRESSIVE, so biting is likely to do more damage.

Phobophilic

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: September 17, 2015, 06:26:12 pm »

This is an old thread, but I didn't want to start a new one for just one little question, and couldn't find anything relevant by searching the forum.

I'm trying out adventure mode on a laptop and wanted to rebind the movement keys to something more convenient. I set WASD for North,S,E,W and QEZC for diagonal directions with no problem. I had to change a bunch of other bindings that used those keys- wear, drop, eat, sleep, announcements, log, status, and maybe a few others but those gave me no issue.

My problem is that I can't seem to change the binding for toggling Stand/Prone. The wiki says it's bound to s, but I can't seem to find it in the menu in-game, nor in the interface.txt file by searching for lower-case "s." After that I guessed it might be a double function of get/ground, but that didn't seem to work. Can I rebind it? Am I just missing it in the menu (if so, could anyone tell me what it's near)? Is it called something obscure (what would that be)?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: September 17, 2015, 06:36:43 pm »

No worries about necroing this thread, but I can't help you. Sorry.
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 327