Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614875 times)

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2970 on: October 01, 2015, 07:10:11 am »

2. For "unhinged," don't attack anyone/anything that is not already in some kind of conflict with you (even Encounter-level is fine). This makes dispersing bandits a problem since they never attack. But  being considered unhinged doesn't seem to have much negative effect right now.

3. Only if they're one of the semi-civilized underground animal people: rat men, serpent men, reptile men, etc. The ones running around the overworld, even though they can speak, are considered wild animals.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2971 on: October 02, 2015, 02:04:13 am »

Only if they're one of the semi-civilized underground animal people: rat men, serpent men, reptile men, etc. The ones running around the overworld, even though they can speak, are considered wild animals.
Do you mean they must be listed in civ (in Legends mode) or not really?
BTW: How to increase chance to have animal people civ listed in legend mode
« Last Edit: October 02, 2015, 02:44:52 am by Tilogour »

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2972 on: October 02, 2015, 12:42:47 pm »

No; the subterranean entities are not listed in Legends. There are several types of animal people who form small "tribal" civilizations - amphibian men, reptile men, serpent men, rodent men, bat men, ant men, olm men, cave swallow men, and cave fish men. Any of these can join your party - assuming you're lucky enough to find them, since they only live underground. Other animal people - all those you find above ground, grasshopper men for example - cannot join you.
This will change somewhat in the next version, as I understand, when animal people will be able to join existing civs if they live close enough.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2973 on: October 06, 2015, 02:20:47 pm »

Could anyone can tell me if it's a bug or not: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=51245.msg6540691#msg6540691

My companion (metalcrafter) cares about death of enemy civ goblin and he go insane after that
« Last Edit: October 06, 2015, 02:22:22 pm by Tilogour »

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2974 on: October 10, 2015, 01:01:33 am »

How do I get out of the dwarf fortresses that adventurers start in? I can't find an exit

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2975 on: October 10, 2015, 01:34:59 am »

It's pretty annoying. Either look around more, or retire this guy and, when creating the next one, change your Standing back and forth until you are referred to as living in a "Hillocks" which are more like human hamlets and can be escaped far more easily.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2976 on: October 10, 2015, 01:48:51 am »

Okay, new problem. I can't draw my weapon. It says I need a free hand, but my hands aren't doing anything.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2977 on: October 10, 2015, 01:54:39 am »

Are they injured? Are you certain you aren't carrying anything? Are you climbing?

If they are free and un-injured, then I don't know what else it could be.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2978 on: October 10, 2015, 03:21:43 am »

click r + item and it will fix that.
Or you are outsider. In this case you need a backpack if you want to take more items.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 03:28:16 am by Tilogour »

Oriolous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2979 on: October 10, 2015, 04:01:38 am »

Okay, last question. I SWEAR. ...how can I find these megabeasts that are named by people? I keep getting a "the area is inaccessible from here." Message from the same people who claim to be terrorized...

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2980 on: October 10, 2015, 07:04:05 pm »

Okay, last question. I SWEAR. ...how can I find these megabeasts that are named by people? I keep getting a "the area is inaccessible from here." Message from the same people who claim to be terrorized...

When the area is said to be inaccessible, it's because you are separated by mountain range or large body of water.

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2981 on: October 11, 2015, 10:54:41 am »

how can I find these megabeasts that are named by people?

If you are lucky and you got detailed destription you can find them by typing shift + q

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2982 on: October 11, 2015, 06:58:36 pm »

How do I deal with cave adaption as an adventure mode dwarf? Does time spent in sunlight by using Z to pass time still count as time spent in sunlight to combat cave adaption?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2983 on: October 11, 2015, 07:05:30 pm »

How do I deal with cave adaption as an adventure mode dwarf? Does time spent in sunlight by using Z to pass time still count as time spent in sunlight to combat cave adaption?
No, just crawl in circles until you stop throwing up. Other than that's I can't help you.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2984 on: October 11, 2015, 10:52:42 pm »

New question: Does a Castle Mound in a Dwarven Hillocks serve the same purpose as a mead hall in a human hamlet? And what's the Elven equivalent of a mead hall?
Pages: 1 ... 197 198 [199] 200 201 ... 327