Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615545 times)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #2985 on: October 11, 2015, 10:59:25 pm »

Yeah, it does. Though in my experience, the drinking mound may also function similarly, at times. People tend to congregate around both mounds.

Elven equivalent is called a Home Tree. Hope you can climb well.

Potato9999

• Bay Watcher
  • Highly racist against goblins
    • View Profile
« Reply #2986 on: October 14, 2015, 07:09:37 pm »

I'm on the roof of the tower of a Goblin Dark Fortress. Everyone on the roof's dead, but I don't know how to go back down. How do I do that? Specifically, I don't know how to open the floor hatch so I can go back down.

Burnup

• Bay Watcher
  • Kill until you can't, Then savescum.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2987 on: October 14, 2015, 08:35:16 pm »

I'm on the roof of the tower of a Goblin Dark Fortress. Everyone on the roof's dead, but I don't know how to go back down. How do I do that? Specifically, I don't know how to open the floor hatch so I can go back down.

I believe you have to use the 'move carefully' button. I forget what button that is  :-\
Just tell her that you were merely doing what the voices in your head were telling you to do.

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2988 on: October 15, 2015, 01:55:53 am »

Shift+direction on arrow keys.
thincake

Amperzand

• Bay Watcher
  • Knight of Cerebus
    • View Profile
« Reply #2989 on: October 17, 2015, 01:16:29 am »

Or alt.
Muh FG--OOC Thread
Quote from: smirk
Quote from: Shadowlord
Is there a word that combines comedy with tragedy and farce?
Heiterverzweiflung. Not a legit German word so much as something a friend and I made up in German class once. "Carefree despair". When life is so fucked that you can't stop laughing.
http://www.collinsdictionary.com

Adragis

• Bay Watcher
  • Edgelady Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #2990 on: October 17, 2015, 02:02:40 am »

Crap, you're right.
I think I just done did a misdirection :s
thincake

PlagueGiver

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dirty migrants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2991 on: October 24, 2015, 08:15:47 am »

Okay, so I made a character, then I had to go somewhere/do something and I saved, and quit the application. I come back and open it, check in Legends, and I find that he's still there. How do I go back to playing him? When I start adventure mode it makes me create a new character. He didn't die either.
Thob Dumatustuth, Recruit: Death is all around us. This is truly horrifying.
The recruit strangles the swordsdwarfs throat!
Zaneg Kesshem Ongetresil Nothis, Swordsdwarf has been found dead.

Loam

• Bay Watcher
  • a Moal
    • View Profile
« Reply #2992 on: October 24, 2015, 08:34:18 am »

I assume that by "saved ad quit" you mean "retired."

First, did you look through all the options on the first character creation screen? Retired adventurers are always at the bottom of the list, so you might have missed him.

Second, two weeks pass between selecting Adventure mode and creating a new character, during which time he may very well have died. Legends wouldn't tell you because it happens after you've checked them.
Thob Goes to the Surface (Adventure Mode story, in progress)

PlagueGiver

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dirty migrants...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2993 on: October 24, 2015, 08:49:35 am »

Awesome!  :D :D. Thanks very much!
The recruit strangles the swordsdwarfs throat!
Zaneg Kesshem Ongetresil Nothis, Swordsdwarf has been found dead.

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2994 on: November 02, 2015, 02:51:08 pm »

I have a question.

I recently waltzed into a kobold camp and rifled through their goods. Then I decapitated their leader, the only armed one, and started taking the things I wanted.

None of them went hostile. Is this intent? I'm actually super inexperienced with adv. mode, having always devoted my time to fort mode.

AI aggression is also a little weird, especially for Kobolds. Sometimes you can go through a site and slaughter everyone and never get attacked. Other times you can kill one Dwarf and suddenly 50 from across the Hillock are dogpiling you. Kobolds especially lack aggression, even when you're fighting them. Might be a bug. Goblins are much more fun to fight though and are ridiculously aggressive (but cowardly).

DarkSinnerzZz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2995 on: November 02, 2015, 04:59:08 pm »

How come when i download the latest masterwork for 40.24, some of the keybind ingame for adventure mode is not assigned ? Such as attack type (wild,quick etc) ?
« Reply #2996 on: November 02, 2015, 11:38:51 pm »

Does it mean anything when an NPC tells me about a place or person, but I am not able to bring up that place or person in dialogue? Like, I have a slave I rescued, when I ask him where I should take him (by asking him how they fell about the journey), he mentions his second eldest daughter, Woobbuh Coalburst, lives in a place called Wordsscold. But I can't ask him for directions to either his daughter, or the town, and the town isn't in the list of sites on the Quest menu.

His children, however, have joined a different faction that is at war with his faction and I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #2997 on: November 03, 2015, 08:46:31 pm »

Does it mean anything when an NPC tells me about a place or person, but I am not able to bring up that place or person in dialogue? Like, I have a slave I rescued, when I ask him where I should take him (by asking him how they fell about the journey), he mentions his second eldest daughter, Woobbuh Coalburst, lives in a place called Wordsscold. But I can't ask him for directions to either his daughter, or the town, and the town isn't in the list of sites on the Quest menu.

His children, however, have joined a different faction that is at war with his faction and I am wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Yes it does, ask for the wherebouts of his daughter bring him there, and you can reunite them. You will also get fame for it.
If you cannot then there is an issue. Factions might have to do with it.
You did ask for directions to "such and such place" via the dialog option right?
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 08:48:54 pm by Untrustedlife »
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Morgoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Rayneing Blood
    • View Profile
« Reply #2998 on: November 03, 2015, 10:56:58 pm »

Pay close attention to what he says. I've noticed sometimes that AI text misses its priorities, IE they'll tell you someone's location in the form of a Region rather than a Site. Redo it a few times, save-quit, rest, etc., or ask others about the same person/location.

Dozebôm Lolumzalìs

• Bay Watcher
  • what even is truth
    • View Profile
    • test
« Reply #2999 on: November 07, 2015, 12:44:12 am »

Maybe not a historical figure?
Quote from: King James Programming
...Simplification leaves us with the black extra-cosmic gulfs it throws open before our frenzied eyes...
Quote from: Salvané Descocrates
The only difference between me and a fool is that I know that I know only that I think, therefore I am.
Sigtext!
Pages: 1 ... 198 199 [200] 201 202 ... 327