Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616709 times)

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3270 on: January 30, 2016, 10:16:06 pm »

3: Does fame eventually travel to other towns/locations, or are your accomplishments only known in the areas you tell of them?
Never visited this town before, never spoke to anyone in it before, took a long detour around some mountains rather than the direct route from where I had been to this town.

Well I'm glad Fame is working for somebody. Sometimes I come back to a town I've visited, and people treat me as if I haven't accomplished anything (note: the people who treat me normally are all people that I've told of my numerous Beast Slaying), and the Bartenders who have given me free service before suddenly start making me pay again. I can just tell people again to get free service every time I visit, but it's getting annoying that it feels like whole towns just forget everything I've done.

Edit: And of course the moment after I type this people start treating me like a great hero when I return to my hometown.  :P
« Last Edit: January 30, 2016, 11:03:49 pm by Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: January 30, 2016, 11:10:11 pm »

Is there any way to get large clothing/armor in adventure mode? More than anything I just don't wanna be a naked sea elephant man.

Meant to respond to this last weekend. If you retire your animal/beastman in a civ, it joins that civ and can, upon unretiring, have appropriate size clothing. Getting a character to receive armor upon retiring is random, and it does help to have a look at the mead hall's soldiers to see what sort of equipment they have. If you want iron you'd need to be sure they have iron and whatnot.
Also, a player fortress can churn out elephant sized armour on demand. For fun, retire at a player fortress, switch to fortress mode and force the adventurer elephant-man to join the military for 5 years in exchange for a set of masterwork steel armour.

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3272 on: January 31, 2016, 12:06:25 am »

@uzu

sorry, i guess i'm not making myself clear.

she's wearing neither boots not shoes. all she is wearing on feet is socks. if given any other outer footwear be it shoes, sandals, boots, etc. she drops it.

Figured out the answer to this:

things I was giving her were going into her pouch, which apparently she doesn't know how to handle correctly. It's best to trade with them so they have no containers and also trade away any item related to the body part, like socks.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 31, 2016, 12:45:09 am »

3: Does fame eventually travel to other towns/locations, or are your accomplishments only known in the areas you tell of them?
Never visited this town before, never spoke to anyone in it before, took a long detour around some mountains rather than the direct route from where I had been to this town.
http://i.imgur.com/qfSzZ1f.png
Well I'm glad Fame is working for somebody. Sometimes I come back to a town I've visited, and people treat me as if I haven't accomplished anything (note: the people who treat me normally are all people that I've told of my numerous Beast Slaying), and the Bartenders who have given me free service before suddenly start making me pay again. I can just tell people again to get free service every time I visit, but it's getting annoying that it feels like whole towns just forget everything I've done.

Edit: And of course the moment after I type this people start treating me like a great hero when I return to my hometown.  :P
For the record I started near the small town at the bottom left, the + one. Visited the area of the big masterwork symbol towns to the bottom, went all the way east around the evil mountains and dark fortress then when I came back west to the # town at the top I got the "your name precedes you" stuff so I guess the word of my journeys spread straight north from what I had done while I was out east.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 31, 2016, 01:28:58 pm »

What could be degrading everyone's morale? Their stress levels are 5 digits in the negative, yet it takes longer and longer for them to enjoy anything after a kill, with the exception of the goblin. Could it be that none of them like each other? If so, they're not straightforward about giving their opinions when I ask.

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: January 31, 2016, 05:10:53 pm »

I have a hearthperson order to kill all of the members of a Necromancer Tower's group. I've killed all the Undead in the tower, and all the Necromancers I could find inside of it, but my quest is still listed as having not been accomplished. I even searched around the area for any *, and the game suddenly spawned another horde of Undead when I went back to the Tower, so I've killed over 130 Undead, and this is starting to become tiresome. What am I missing?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: January 31, 2016, 07:58:09 pm »

Did you try to complete it with the lord?

I know there is a bug that you can't tell others you slew an undead, haven't gotten an order involving them yet but I feared it would be the case that you can't finish those either.

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: January 31, 2016, 08:21:38 pm »

Did you try to complete it with the lord?

I know there is a bug that you can't tell others you slew an undead, haven't gotten an order involving them yet but I feared it would be the case that you can't finish those either.
I haven't tried that yet, but every other time I get a kill quest, it will say "Report back to inform progress" after I've completed the objective.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: January 31, 2016, 09:16:12 pm »

Check if you would, and feel free to make a note on: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=9528 which is at least technically related since it doesn't let you brag about slaying undead foes.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: February 01, 2016, 11:05:44 am »

How the hell do you set yourself on fire in this version? Standing in campfires doesn't work, nor does jumping into them or dropping in from trees. Do I have to set a wildfire? 

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: February 01, 2016, 11:31:13 am »

How the hell do you set yourself on fire in this version? Standing in campfires doesn't work, nor does jumping into them or dropping in from trees. Do I have to set a wildfire?

You'll eventually got painfully hot far enough exposure, but if I recall it takes fire attacks (or for more Fun, dragonfire) or magma to get immediate ignition. Otherwise even with wildfire on the ground, there's good odds that your body fat will hit its melting point before your clothes hit their ignition point.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: February 01, 2016, 04:04:36 pm »

I'm thinking i might be able to find any other members of the Necromancer Group with Legends mode, but don't I lose both my fame and my Quest Logs, Map Knowledge, and other things when I retire?

On a related note, I can also confirm that you do not gain fame from telling somebody about you slaying a Necromancer, only "you are a killer". So much for saving people from that "Bone-chilling horror"...
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 04:09:21 pm by Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: February 01, 2016, 04:29:41 pm »

I'm thinking i might be able to find any other members of the Necromancer Group with Legends mode, but don't I lose both my fame and my Quest Logs, Map Knowledge, and other things when I retire?
You could copy your region folder and retire one of them, and make that your Legends folder. It's a good idea to do that when you first gen the world, before playing any characters or fortresses, make a back-up copy that you can use to view history generated before you became active.

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: February 01, 2016, 05:04:34 pm »

You could copy your region folder and retire one of them, and make that your Legends folder. It's a good idea to do that when you first gen the world, before playing any characters or fortresses, make a back-up copy that you can use to view history generated before you became active.
So you're saying I can just Copy Region 1, paste it right below it, rename it to Region 2 or something, and it'll just be a copy of the first one that won't effect it in any way? or am I missing anything?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: February 01, 2016, 05:23:41 pm »

Doesn't matter what you name the folders, the game will read them if the expected files are there. I rename my region folders to the name of the world, and Legends spinoffs named <worldname>.legends.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 327