Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616668 times)

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3315 on: February 07, 2016, 09:22:09 pm »

That's what I need to test. I'd try cooking, but the game freezes if you had an adventure-mode reaction to create cooked food. >w>
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3316 on: February 07, 2016, 10:42:22 pm »

That's what I need to test. I'd try cooking, but the game freezes if you had an adventure-mode reaction to create cooked food. >w>
Not with adv-fort. I'm making masterwork roc roasts, value 400-660 per unit. I'm banking on my cooking because a stupid bug stole my money and valuables pouch.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3317 on: February 07, 2016, 10:50:31 pm »

Boo. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #3318 on: February 08, 2016, 10:40:49 am »

Yeah, adv-fort cooking is very finicky for me as well. Only works half the time as intended, the other half it crashes for no discernible reason.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3319 on: February 08, 2016, 11:13:51 am »

Yeah, adv-fort cooking is very finicky for me as well. Only works half the time as intended, the other half it crashes for no discernible reason.

In contract to cooking using JUST modded-in reactions, which will always crash.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3320 on: February 08, 2016, 12:39:57 pm »

I've never had a crash from it, but I've had to pop-screen to escape a job that hung. It only happens when an item occupies a tile you try to build a workshop or furnace over. It's a simple mistake, but a lot of turns just fly away every time it happens.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3321 on: February 09, 2016, 09:43:55 pm »

Hello, im back with a brand new question, the other one ive posted in the wrong thread...
After dying to a Boogeyman climbing a tree ive restarted my dworf, but now seems that i have no way out from that INFINITE Maze-Fortress-Thing.
This time, not having funny since im already on it for a while a cant find the frgin outdoor path.

Note: Ive already tried to use "Shift + t" to fast travel and get out, but didn't work at all.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3322 on: February 09, 2016, 09:57:15 pm »

Hello, im back with a brand new question, the other one ive posted in the wrong thread...
After dying to a Boogeyman climbing a tree ive restarted my dworf, but now seems that i have no way out from that INFINITE Maze-Fortress-Thing.
This time, not having funny since im already on it for a while a cant find the frgin outdoor path.

Note: Ive already tried to use "Shift + t" to fast travel and get out, but didn't work at all.

Huehuehue. What, a labyrinth? Keep exploring every path you can until you find a stairway up. Those things aren't THAT big.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3323 on: February 09, 2016, 10:02:18 pm »

Huehuehue. What, a labyrinth? Keep exploring every path you can until you find a stairway up. Those things aren't THAT big.

Yep, pretty exactly that.
Im back to say that, ive found the damn way out.
Thank you all for support etc etc

Huehuehue.

8) i know this

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3324 on: February 09, 2016, 10:42:01 pm »

Now getting lost in caverns is another matter entirely.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

NonconsensualSurgery

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3325 on: February 10, 2016, 02:33:23 am »

I don't seem to be gaining skill in some things. Skills like dodge, thrower, armor user and butcher are going up, but striker, biter, kicker and hammer user are frozen and stay that way no matter how many zombie ogres I punch or time spent biting weasels.

DF 42.05, DFHack 42.05-alpha1. Am I doing something wrong? Does this happen for anyone else?
Never had a bat massacre people with an axe before.
EDIT2: Oh god, the bat has got a title now.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3326 on: February 10, 2016, 07:18:08 am »

My clothes are starting to show some wear, and being a Large creature means finding a good size fit is basically impossible. If I take off my clothes and retire at a Civ, i get new clothes right?

I don't seem to be gaining skill in some things. Skills like dodge, thrower, armor user and butcher are going up, but striker, biter, kicker and hammer user are frozen and stay that way no matter how many zombie ogres I punch or time spent biting weasels.

DF 42.05, DFHack 42.05-alpha1. Am I doing something wrong? Does this happen for anyone else?
I get barely any experience from combat related skills when fighting weak wildlife and zombies, and I don't use any hacks. I think exp for those skills might be dependent on the difficulty of the hit, and considering that small animals have low combat/defense abilities (and zombies have no defensive abilities), you won't get far fighting them. Getting into prolonged scraps with Megabeasts and other HFS however causes my combat skills to get a nice boost.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3327 on: February 10, 2016, 09:40:16 am »

Me again! After a wild battle against a badger I've colected the body. But when I hit "x" and then "b" there is no option to butcher the corpse. I need something else then desire??

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3328 on: February 10, 2016, 09:50:27 am »

Me again! After a wild battle against a badger I've colected the body. But when I hit "x" and then "b" there is no option to butcher the corpse. I need something else then desire??
But you'll never be able to find it in your inventory, even if it's in your hands. Leave it on the ground to butcher it.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3329 on: February 10, 2016, 11:53:27 am »

But you'll never be able to find it in your inventory, even if it's in your hands. Leave it on the ground to butcher it.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!

Well, actually i can find it if i press Shift + "i". With a campfire near to me i can warm the body...

The point is, you answered my question, ty  :D
Pages: 1 ... 220 221 [222] 223 224 ... 327