Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616114 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3345 on: February 13, 2016, 12:23:40 am »

New reactions, carve bone category > figurine.
That doesn't tell me what keybindings are used. There is nothing in interface.ini called 'reaction', and any entries for bonecarving are fortress mode only.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 13, 2016, 12:38:00 am »

That doesn't tell me what keybindings are used. There is nothing in interface.ini called 'reaction', and any entries for bonecarving are fortress mode only.

Maximum derp. It's the "x" key by default, for butchering, writing, composing, breathing fire...and most importantly, crafting stuff. :V
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 13, 2016, 06:55:37 am »

So, the transitions of Ages has to do with major world powers, right? I know Megabeasts are the most notable world powers, but do other things count as "Powers"? Things like Necromancer groups and Clown Lords?
Mega/Semimega/Titans are part of the Age of Myth > Legends > Heroes > Golden age transitions. Civs change the Age of Three Races/Goblins/Humans/Etc type stuff. Having only one power can get the Age of the Hydra stuff.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 13, 2016, 08:16:00 am »

Maximum derp. It's the "x" key by default, for butchering, writing, composing, breathing fire...and most importantly, crafting stuff. :V
That's the first place I looked! I just said that in my previous post. Do I have to gen a new world for it to work?

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #3349 on: February 13, 2016, 11:40:12 am »

That's the first place I looked! I just said that in my previous post. Do I have to gen a new world for it to work?

Yeah you have to gen a new world.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 13, 2016, 12:56:56 pm »

Yeah, sorry, that's what I meant by "new reactions" which require a world gen to update.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 13, 2016, 01:08:48 pm »

And I'd completely forgot to ask that important question. Though the "doesn't tell me what keybindings are used" thing is what made me initially assume it was a complete failure to find the crafting menu. That, and I missed the initial question that would've clarified that because I only saw your quoting Max. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: February 13, 2016, 04:29:52 pm »

I hope the image menus work with adv-fort's engraving at least. I had just reached Legendary1 Engraver before the .06 release.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 13, 2016, 06:02:36 pm »

Incidentally I figured out what the keybinds was, I was using the older graphics.so to get around the libpng error until the native arch 42.06 updated, upon switching the libs over from that one I'm able to filter and such while making figurines and my weird keybinds are fixed.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 13, 2016, 10:20:27 pm »

Anyone got a crash when kicking around random gobs and humans in human town when trying to see what kind of extra information 42.06 gives you when you have to do an alt+y ?

Just got one when having a brawl with a gob tanner on human town in which i kicked (and missed) a dozen of time, while the gob was missing as much, and suddenly i gave a kick to one of his body part (don't remember which one) and df simply crashed.

Without unfortunately any useful message in gamelog or errorlog (out of the Unrecognized Announcement Token: TRAVEL_ADVISORY that happen even when things do not crash) , making it useless to report on mantis.

Tried to reproduce when recreating a character, as unfortunately i didn't saved before, but after another kicking brawl with another guy (i couldn't find the gob again, and the place looked very different) , i couldn't crash.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: February 14, 2016, 05:52:23 am »

Still trying to figure out where to get better equipment for my uber demigod without having to result to a massacre in human and dwarven settlements. Heck, I'm not even sure how small or large is a "average-sized for a dingo man" (renamed them to dingoth, dingoths and dingothian, sizes are unaltered) so I don't know if goblin stuff even fits and going by the item names my dingoth wears it sure seems like my gigantic with incredible muscles dingoth is about the size of a human.

Please somebody explain or point me to useful info. I already know that a regular dingo man/woman has 45000 body size going by the wiki but what is the body size of a gigantic one with incredible muscles? Help, I'm scratching my head and up a creek with this.

EDIT: Also it be really helpful to know how to pick up pieces of ice which to then melt down as majority of the rivers are frozen.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 06:24:55 am by Droggarth »
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 14, 2016, 07:17:25 am »

Can't gather ice, fill your water skin with snow and heat it.

45000 is pretty small, a dorf is 60000 average, putting dorfs or gobs to 65000 let's them wear their size or human size clothes, but other than that you'd have to use a reaction to make gear, which is then sized for your race automatically.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: February 14, 2016, 09:51:12 am »

Can't gather ice, fill your water skin with snow and heat it.

45000 is pretty small, a dorf is 60000 average, putting dorfs or gobs to 65000 let's them wear their size or human size clothes, but other than that you'd have to use a reaction to make gear, which is then sized for your race automatically.

I guess my gigantic version of that 45000 race must be around 60000-70000 then as my character is wearing stuff that has neither small or large tags on them. Oh and as I finished asking about the ice I finally found some snow and already did exactly what you told and I forgot to edit my post as I was busy with real life stuff after that (whoops) but thanks anyway!

Wait, reaction to make gear? *goes off into another wiki info diving*

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 14, 2016, 11:05:19 am »

I guess my gigantic version of that 45000 race must be around 60000-70000 then as my character is wearing stuff that has neither small or large tags on them. Oh and as I finished asking about the ice I finally found some snow and already did exactly what you told and I forgot to edit my post as I was busy with real life stuff after that (whoops) but thanks anyway!

Clothes that are sized for you won't display fitting information in its description. If you start the game as a member of any civ, you'll be wearing clothes fitted for you automatically, but that doesn't mean you'll find them lying around anywhere in that civ. You'd better start working on your dodge and block.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: February 14, 2016, 11:33:19 am »

Clothes that are sized for you won't display fitting information in its description. If you start the game as a member of any civ, you'll be wearing clothes fitted for you automatically, but that doesn't mean you'll find them lying around anywhere in that civ. You'd better start working on your dodge and block.

Ah, in that case I'll just find out what my character can and cannot wear. I used cheat engine to buff up my character so to bypass leveling up (I always do that in games, nothing new to me, saves my nerves) and she is a demigod after all so being jack-of-all-trades is mandatory for me.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 327