Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615803 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #3810 on: May 27, 2016, 01:03:20 am »

With my last two adventurers (both animal people) I've had difficulty felling trees. I craft an axe, wield it, pull up the [g] menu and choose which tree to fell... and then I get the "You need to be holding an axe." message. I tried switching the axe between hands, strapping it and unstrapping it, all to no avail.

At first I thought it was a bug caused by my first adventurer having lots of hands (maybe the game was checking one or two and finding them empty) but this last adventurer is an elephant man.

Are other people successfully felling trees in adventure mode with 0.43.03?
Yes. Seems that Toady nerfed his new stone axes along with the 43.03 training axe fix. It's been reported.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #3811 on: May 27, 2016, 02:35:27 am »

Does anybody know of any way to let outsiders claim sites? I remember the problem showing up back when 0.40 was first released that outsiders would just say "I've forgotten my bold pronouncement...", but to my knowledge nobody ever figured out how to fix that and now here I am with the kobold (modded kobolds to be playable and able to speak) necromancer sitting in a giant tower that took me 7 hours to get to and I can't claim it.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3812 on: May 27, 2016, 03:02:22 am »

Does anybody know of any way to let outsiders claim sites? I remember the problem showing up back when 0.40 was first released that outsiders would just say "I've forgotten my bold pronouncement...", but to my knowledge nobody ever figured out how to fix that and now here I am with the kobold (modded kobolds to be playable and able to speak) necromancer sitting in a giant tower that took me 7 hours to get to and I can't claim it.
the issue is you need to make  the outsider be apart of a civ to get them to take claim and I think the only way to do that is either be super good and become a hearthsperson OR and I guess retire in a civ site.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3813 on: May 27, 2016, 05:15:26 am »

the issue is you need to make  the outsider be apart of a civ to get them to take claim and I think the only way to do that is either be super good and become a hearthsperson OR and I guess retire in a civ site.
Science question: If an outsider joins a bandit gang, does that count as being an upstanding member of the civilization and therefore give him the ability to claim his own sites?

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3814 on: May 27, 2016, 12:40:12 pm »

Yes. Seems that Toady nerfed his new stone axes along with the 43.03 training axe fix. It's been reported.

You mean Toady BROKE them, not nerfed them. You're supposed to be able to chop down trees with stone axes.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #3815 on: May 27, 2016, 02:26:03 pm »

why are stone axes tools anyway? one would think that in times of crisis, if the only weapons were wood-chopping axes made of stone, the military would use them
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 10:46:27 am by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3816 on: May 27, 2016, 03:03:01 pm »

why are stone axes tools anyway? an would think that in times of crisis, if the only weapons were wood-chopping axes made of stone, the military would use them

Same reason Toady didn't make metal versions for humans to use. ;w;
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Droggarth

• Bay Watcher
  • Ischrotaur Axe Lord [SUPERNATURAL][STRANGE_MOODS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3817 on: May 29, 2016, 04:06:59 am »

Science question: If an outsider joins a bandit gang, does that count as being an upstanding member of the civilization and therefore give him the ability to claim his own sites?

Well, lucky for you that I've already tried that. Wouldn't recommend right now as naming your site and group and zones tends to result in random race languages and on top of that, you can claim something yes and be called a brigand. It's just that once someone in the camp you joined as a bandit dies and one of the bandits from the camp happens to be your companion he/she has a random chance of becoming a leader of the group and if the companion in question happens to be in your ruling zone... uhh, yeah.

Was just not all that pleasant for me.
"I'll make my own way." - Max Rockatansky

Jackolantirn

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3818 on: June 03, 2016, 10:32:08 am »

'Sup fam. First time DF in years, and I roll a Brown Recluse Spider woman in Adventure Mode. I'm trying to look for armor, but everything I've been finding is labeled as "large." I'm assuming that its because of Spider Men's small creature size, that even goblin and dwarf armor are too big to wear? Will I ever find armor small enough to fit her without mods?
Kabocha.877
I'm not the fastest zergling in the Ctrl group

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #3819 on: June 03, 2016, 12:22:27 pm »

'Sup fam. First time DF in years, and I roll a Brown Recluse Spider woman in Adventure Mode. I'm trying to look for armor, but everything I've been finding is labeled as "large." I'm assuming that its because of Spider Men's small creature size, that even goblin and dwarf armor are too big to wear? Will I ever find armor small enough to fit her without mods?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

swimmerdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3820 on: June 08, 2016, 11:19:41 am »

In my current adventure as a black bear man I have found myself becoming unfocused because of the need for martial training. How do I satisfy this need?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3821 on: June 08, 2016, 09:21:25 pm »

In my current adventure as a black bear man I have found myself becoming unfocused because of the need for martial training. How do I satisfy this need?
Try increasing a combat skill?
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

leafbarrett

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident pokemon fanboy
    • View Profile
    • Mewtwo mod
« Reply #3822 on: June 09, 2016, 04:03:33 pm »

Do multiattacks use stamina? I find myself tired a lot, but I dunno if that's just me being unobservant with the sprint command or not. (custom creature with multiple limbs that can attack at once)
Quote from: leafbarrett
They can do whatever the heck they want. That's why they are nobles, cause they CAN.
King Henry the IV or something had a lot of wives, most of whom he executed. Because he could.
A ton of them mass-murdered Jews and Muslims. CAUSE THEY COULD.
A roman emperor made his horse a noble, cause he could.
And I modded them all out of existence, because I could.
sig text

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3823 on: June 09, 2016, 06:37:49 pm »

Do multiattacks use stamina? I find myself tired a lot, but I dunno if that's just me being unobservant with the sprint command or not. (custom creature with multiple limbs that can attack at once)
They reduce accuracy, the actual exertion from individual swings is pretty small unless you're like, a peasant with low endurance/other relevant attributes. It's sprinting most likely. Jog more or get a syndrome on you that gives [NOEXERT] even if just as a temporary "combat rage" ability if you want the fun of sprinting around into people.

Though, minecarts don't get tired. :D

Repseki

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3824 on: June 10, 2016, 04:26:18 am »

Though, minecarts don't get tired. :D
It really is an great feeling riding into a bandit camp on a high-speed minecart and sending the Boss's head soaring with a well timed slice.
Pages: 1 ... 253 254 [255] 256 257 ... 327