Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608406 times)

falcc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4020 on: September 16, 2016, 10:20:30 pm »

Is there currently any way to make a retired non-dwarf adventurer playable in fortress mode? Can they become citizens if they're made official bards of hearthpersons or something before retiring on site?
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but reports are that if you become a hearthperson, you will be a citizen.  If you become a bard, then it's like all other performers in an inn -- you stay at the inn and you then petition for full residency after 2 years.  As a performer, you can't do any duties, but will be able to do them after getting full residency.  So the fast way in is hearthperson, which requires that you have build up some reputation as a fighter.

Thanks. Any idea what the minimum level of royalty needed to accept a hearthperson is? My expedition leader can be spoken to about becoming a bard but not a hearthperson.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4021 on: September 17, 2016, 03:23:35 am »

Is there currently any way to make a retired non-dwarf adventurer playable in fortress mode? Can they become citizens if they're made official bards of hearthpersons or something before retiring on site?
I haven't had a chance to try it yet, but reports are that if you become a hearthperson, you will be a citizen.  If you become a bard, then it's like all other performers in an inn -- you stay at the inn and you then petition for full residency after 2 years.  As a performer, you can't do any duties, but will be able to do them after getting full residency.  So the fast way in is hearthperson, which requires that you have build up some reputation as a fighter.

Thanks. Any idea what the minimum level of royalty needed to accept a hearthperson is? My expedition leader can be spoken to about becoming a bard but not a hearthperson.

In your own forts you can only become a fortress guard (same thing as hearthperson) if you have a captain of the guard. I think militia commanders/captains can let you join as well, fairly sure I saw that atleast once.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4022 on: September 18, 2016, 01:03:14 am »

so you can make things with skin but i dont know how? can anyone inform me?
Mod. LNP may or may not come with it.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4023 on: September 20, 2016, 09:58:25 am »

In my world a blizzard incarnate died in the year 5. but that's not the weird part. the weird part is that in 11, 6 years after he died, he somehow made a tablet which then had a foo-mancer learn the secrets of foo.
How did the blizzard make a secret-holding tablet after his death?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4024 on: September 20, 2016, 10:47:22 am »

In your own forts you can only become a fortress guard (same thing as hearthperson) if you have a captain of the guard. I think militia commanders/captains can let you join as well, fairly sure I saw that atleast once.

In a similar vein, are there any captains of the guard in any non-player made dwarven sites?
« Last Edit: September 20, 2016, 10:49:13 am by ShinQuickMan »

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4025 on: September 20, 2016, 11:01:34 am »

In a similar vein, are there any captains of the guard in any non-player made dwarven sites?
all sites will have nobels. in fact you have to all necessary nobels in sites(respecting stuff like LAND_HOLDER and population), when not actively playing that fort. if, for one thing, you don't people for all the nobles(one unique person for each position), then retire, all noble positions will be filled by unique(unique in that they have no other position) random dwarves. for the other example, if you put in the entity file that only one creature can have that position, and the entity has no such creature, then it will be filled by a random creature.

Short answer:yes, there are captains of the guard in non-player made sites.(although they may be called the sheriff)
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4026 on: September 20, 2016, 11:39:21 am »

Ah, I should have clarified. I was looking for captains of the guards specifically to see if my adventurer could become a fort guard from them. Tried doing so with militia commanders and sheriffs to no effect. I did happen to find a captain hidden within a fortress, which finally let me become a guard, so that settles things.

TheError

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4027 on: September 24, 2016, 11:17:29 am »

It says that my character "dreams of falling in love". Is this an actual feature?

ShinQuickMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Mook
    • View Profile
« Reply #4028 on: September 24, 2016, 11:40:26 am »

Yes and no. Dreams could be accomplished, but, as far as I know, this can only be done in Fortress Mode. Even then, that specific dream can't be done by adventurers, as all of them are asexual.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4029 on: September 27, 2016, 06:32:43 pm »

How can I compose musisc specifically for my instrument? The instrument belongs to my civilization, but none of two forms I have acces to seems to produce compositions for that instrument.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4030 on: September 28, 2016, 07:24:58 pm »

You need to know a form that uses the instrument.  I've wondered if hearing a song in a tavern will allow you to learn the form, but haven't had time to experiment yet.  Other things to try are finding books with songs in them.  I've never actually seen one, but since you can write them, it should be possible.

hun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4031 on: September 28, 2016, 07:50:24 pm »

You need to know a form that uses the instrument.  I've wondered if hearing a song in a tavern will allow you to learn the form, but haven't had time to experiment yet.  Other things to try are finding books with songs in them.  I've never actually seen one, but since you can write them, it should be possible.

I actually have already experimented a bit. Standing near perfomance works for learning poems, so I guess that it should work for music as well.
The problem is that, it seems that there are fewer forms than instruments, so I'm wondering if it possible that some instruments are undemanded by any form. Then there are no way to actually use some instruments. 

Regarding books, I also have not seen any books with music, I remember some with poems though.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4032 on: September 29, 2016, 12:27:42 am »

I've learned forms and passed them on to my own adventurers with books I wrote about them, you can learn dances, music, poetry, all from a book or performance.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4033 on: September 30, 2016, 02:57:39 pm »

I looked at this( http://i.imgur.com/MxKND0g.png ) lately, and I was wondering what causes a demon to pretend to be the queen? how does it get married?  does it look like a human until it reveals itself?
Sigtext!
The Pikachu revolution!

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4034 on: September 30, 2016, 07:16:03 pm »

I don't know of a version where the game worked like that, but it's amusing.
Pages: 1 ... 267 268 [269] 270 271 ... 327