Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614261 times)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4035 on: October 10, 2016, 06:53:41 pm »

Is it possible to be kidnapped and converted by a night troll in adventure mode, and if not, is it a good idea to ask for that feature to be added, with you being able to play after being converted?
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4036 on: October 14, 2016, 02:27:38 pm »

Is it possible to be kidnapped and converted by a night troll in adventure mode, and if not, is it a good idea to ask for that feature to be added, with you being able to play after being converted?
I have heard that night trolls don't kidnap and convert after world-gen is over. might be incorrect. I don't think it should be possible to play after becoming a night troll, because you aren't the same person you were before you were turned, and you seen to be under the power of the night troll. if you can play after becoming a night troll, you should be able to play after a necromancer raises you. in both cases you're not really the original person, and you're under the thrall of someone else.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4037 on: October 14, 2016, 02:49:26 pm »

You can't do either.

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4038 on: October 16, 2016, 02:10:33 am »

Has anyone had problems finding steel items in adventure mode? All of the fortresses I visit have iron armor and weapons, but no steel. This includes the capital of my dwarf's civ.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4039 on: October 16, 2016, 06:32:12 am »

You'll never see steel either in the trade depot or warehouse level. That's just how the dorf entity generates items for those slots it seems.

You could add steel making to the human entity, which would cause steel items to populate meadhalls, tombs, and bandit camps. You would need to regen your world to get that tho.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4040 on: October 16, 2016, 11:15:43 am »

I have heard that night trolls don't kidnap and convert after world-gen is over. might be incorrect. I don't think it should be possible to play after becoming a night troll, because you aren't the same person you were before you were turned, and you seen to be under the power of the night troll. if you can play after becoming a night troll, you should be able to play after a necromancer raises you. in both cases you're not really the original person, and you're under the thrall of someone else.
uhh necromancy makes a new unit...soul for the body, this is why you don't come back when they raise your body.
resurrection is basically want you want in the interaction department but.... it's tricky and needs someone willingly wanting to revive you.. also crash proned given you can't revive non historical creatures like nameless skeletons
night trolls seem to transform the person or well historically speaking given the family comments for Different races in the family tree dialog is paraphasing "complete utter shock and horror and not wanting to talk about it."
I haven't found a night troll lair yet to do proper science on their mates so it's up in the air.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

StruckDown

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4041 on: October 16, 2016, 03:20:02 pm »

You'll never see steel either in the trade depot or warehouse level. That's just how the dorf entity generates items for those slots it seems.

You could add steel making to the human entity, which would cause steel items to populate meadhalls, tombs, and bandit camps. You would need to regen your world to get that tho.

That sucks. They managed to pump out some steel goblets for their tavern though. Damn dwarves.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4042 on: October 17, 2016, 10:26:38 am »

That sucks. They managed to pump out some steel goblets for their tavern though. Damn dwarves.

Maybe booze tastes better if the vessel is steel? But yeah. It's be nice if they did have some steel weapon/armor output. I don't really like trading them for their weapons. I always feel as if I'm swindling them.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4043 on: October 21, 2016, 08:43:55 am »

uhh necromancy makes a new unit...soul for the body, this is why you don't come back when they raise your body.
resurrection is basically want you want in the interaction department but.... it's tricky and needs someone willingly wanting to revive you.. also crash proned given you can't revive non historical creatures like nameless skeletons
night trolls seem to transform the person or well historically speaking given the family comments for Different races in the family tree dialog is paraphasing "complete utter shock and horror and not wanting to talk about it."
I haven't found a night troll lair yet to do proper science on their mates so it's up in the air.

I'd say, being converted is more like being brainwashed, while necromancy uses magic to bring a corpse back to life, but its not the same person it used to be, it probally doesnt even have a soul

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4044 on: October 25, 2016, 09:42:18 am »

There's a particular historical prisoner I'm looking for (found them in Legends Viewer) so I can rescue and maybe recruit her. They're allegedly located in a hamlet named Desertgroups, but the problem is I can't at all find her. Not in the mead hall (which only has one floor), not in any of the buildings. Not in the town immediately to the west, not in that town's sewers or dungeon.

So there's a town to the west, and hamlets (several of which are ruined) to the north, east, and south. Am I missing something? I feel like this prisoner should be located in one of the buildings I can see from the map, but I honestly am stumped here. Any suggestions?

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4045 on: October 25, 2016, 12:10:01 pm »

So I've thumbed through a few reports on the bug tracker and it seems prisoners being taken to hamlets and disappearing is in fact a thing that happens. Well, that's quite disappointing.

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4046 on: October 25, 2016, 08:39:59 pm »

Time for a different question, now. In the world I'm currently adventuring in, there's a human-turned-vampire-turned-night troll spouse. Is that normal? I honestly am not sure if it's worth reporting as a bug, but it is pretty weird.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4047 on: October 25, 2016, 09:01:52 pm »

Time for a different question, now. In the world I'm currently adventuring in, there's a human-turned-vampire-turned-night troll spouse. Is that normal? I honestly am not sure if it's worth reporting as a bug, but it is pretty weird.
It's not a bug, just a very very rare occurrence. With all my legends-diving I've only seen it once.

Catmeat

• Bay Watcher
  • 50/50 cat pork burger wth sweet lime sauce is best
    • View Profile
« Reply #4048 on: October 26, 2016, 01:25:09 am »

How powerful is that entity?!
May I hear of the accounts of you dying to it?
Puns are social lubricant.
Too much and you lose sensation

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4049 on: October 26, 2016, 02:05:21 pm »

How powerful is that entity?!
May I hear of the accounts of you dying to it?
Unfortunately, the adventurer in question accidentally (and I do mean accidentally) got into a scrap with a zombie giant dingo that trained most of his defenses to legendary. So even though this crooked crone vampire was incredibly fast (as in he was sometimes getting three hits for every one of mine), he didn't really do anything. Eventually I spilled his guts, cut them off, and watched him bleed out.

Interestingly enough, he used the vampire sprite (until he died, when he switched back to the regular night troll spouse color). According to legends viewer, he wasn't particularly skilled in combat, which is probably a good portion of why he wasn't that good. And it's worth noting that drinking his blood did not turn me into a vampire at all
Pages: 1 ... 268 269 [270] 271 272 ... 327