Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614597 times)

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4080 on: November 11, 2016, 03:37:44 pm »

If a named ogre picks up, steals, or is stuck with a artifact dagger, and my adventurer finds said ogre(it can happen, I found two of the named ogres from my fort), will the ogre still have the dagger? or did the dagger teleport to the fort?
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4081 on: November 12, 2016, 01:02:09 pm »

If a named ogre picks up, steals, or is stuck with a artifact dagger, and my adventurer finds said ogre(it can happen, I found two of the named ogres from my fort), will the ogre still have the dagger? or did the dagger teleport to the fort?

If he picks up/steals it the item would most likely be in the lair. I don't know about sticking him.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4082 on: November 16, 2016, 02:46:01 pm »

If he picks up/steals it the item would most likely be in the lair. I don't know about sticking him.
Lair? Do ogres that are named after world-gen get lairs?
Semi-adv question: can I start a fort on a vault?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2016, 02:57:11 pm by pikachu17 »
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4083 on: November 22, 2016, 11:26:44 pm »

Not in Dwarf mode, but I believe you'll get a message such as: you do not have the authority to build here, as you do in bandit camps.

Edit: It says: You cannot build here
« Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 12:34:01 am by ☼Another☼ »

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4084 on: November 24, 2016, 04:01:55 pm »

Unless you're standing in hell or on a cleared magma flow!

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4085 on: December 01, 2016, 11:13:07 am »

Question: When did cages in adventure mode gain a maximum limit to how many corpses I could put in them?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4086 on: December 01, 2016, 06:49:44 pm »

These are the things that keep you up at night.

I think cages are like any other container and have a capacity, aren't they? A minecart can hold 5416 units of liquid, or more than 7/7 standing tiles, a wheelbarrow can hold 166, half a tile, dump 213 water or magma makes 1/7, and I think 2916 is sufficient to make 7/7, and just double checked that it is.

I think cages,  cabinets, barrels, and such are all in the 100 units of liquid category weirdly, I guess cause it just falls through the sides.

Minecarts I haven't found an upper limit (mostly because it's hard to find enough corpses, even with stupidstrength you start hitting the bottom end of speed around 30 kilourists of crap in your cart, but that's still literally dozens of bodies, statues, and whatnot.

Hmmm, can you push a wheelbarrow around in adventurer mode some really obvious way I just never noticed because I r dum?

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4087 on: December 01, 2016, 07:51:01 pm »

Turns out the cage wasn't actually at a limit, cages are just being glitchy and not letting me put stuff in them half the time

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4088 on: December 02, 2016, 08:56:31 am »

That's because they reached their capacity. Certain things are larger, so they can't fit, but smaller things can.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4089 on: December 02, 2016, 02:19:57 pm »

it's literally just corpses of goblins that sometimes will fit and sometimes won't

TheDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4090 on: December 17, 2016, 01:46:29 pm »

Is it possible to get people to like me enough to actually side with me in fights without inviting them to your adventuring party? If it is, how would I go about doing so?
I love this community. Somebody asks "hay guise how do i tame shark", and then everybody is like "why don't we fling sharks at things with complex mechanical devices?".

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4091 on: December 17, 2016, 02:23:18 pm »

Save them from a robbery, monster, zombies, etc, they become your ally.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4092 on: December 17, 2016, 04:36:05 pm »

I spent a ton of time training up my adventurer only to suddenly realize I had forgotten to get the reading skill putting a full stop to my plans.

I managed to add the reading skill using DFhack gui/gm-editor. My skills screen say I can read, but I still get the "you cannot read" message when I try... Anyone know of a way to get around this or do I have to start all over?

SebasMarolo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4093 on: December 17, 2016, 04:42:14 pm »

I spent a ton of time training up my adventurer only to suddenly realize I had forgotten to get the reading skill putting a full stop to my plans.

I managed to add the reading skill using DFhack gui/gm-editor. My skills screen say I can read, but I still get the "you cannot read" message when I try... Anyone know of a way to get around this or do I have to start all over?

I read you can mod in an interaction to train reading skill. Dunno how though. Try screwing around with the knapping interaction? Maybe the reading interaction has a line that says "train reading", and you can swap it with the knapping interaction's "train knapping"?

Just throwing ideas around.
So uh, yeah you just murdered a until proven otherwise pretty neutral innocent being for no reason.

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4094 on: December 17, 2016, 06:02:10 pm »

You can use the make-legendary command to give you the reading skill.
Pages: 1 ... 271 272 [273] 274 275 ... 327