Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 617196 times)

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4095 on: December 17, 2016, 06:36:57 pm »

To be able to actually read you need to take one of your reactions and just change or add the line [SKILL:READING] and it should work last time I checked.

LordKnows

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4096 on: December 17, 2016, 06:50:20 pm »

You can use the make-legendary command to give you the reading skill.

Thanks, this worked! Thought that command was only for making all skills legendary and not single ones for some reason.

Guess I'm really amazing at reading now (yet still unable to write).
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 06:52:09 pm by LordKnows »

☼Another☼

• Bay Watcher
  • I am inevitable.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4097 on: December 17, 2016, 07:02:28 pm »

You can use the make-legendary command to give you the reading skill.

Thanks, this worked! Thought that command was only for making all skills legendary and not single ones for some reason.

Guess I'm really amazing at reading now (yet still unable to write).
Yeah, it's kind of a shame it doesn't let choose how high you want to go, but it works anyways.

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4098 on: December 18, 2016, 12:48:51 pm »

Edits in orange: That's actually pretty interesting/useful to mod in a reaction that uses a book quire or scroll specifically. Also with a reaction you'd just macro it to get to whatever level gain you're look for.

I mean you could play a nice Kisat Dur-Hong Kong Kung-Fu/Shaolin thing and use a similar reaction to train striking/kicking/dodger/etc. using books. Has a nice flavor quality.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 01:26:15 pm by peasant cretin »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4099 on: December 19, 2016, 04:03:15 am »

Is it possible to get people to like me enough to actually side with me in fights without inviting them to your adventuring party? If it is, how would I go about doing so?
Save them from a robbery, monster, zombies, etc, they become your ally.
Performing might work too.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

swimmerdwarf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4100 on: December 24, 2016, 03:05:52 pm »

What is the best way to play an intelligent wilderness creature such as a firefly man? Would it be multiple shields? I tried playing that route and did great until someone got a lucky hit on me and pulped me in one shot. Any advice?

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4101 on: December 26, 2016, 02:54:39 am »

I think if you have a lot of hands I would take a single shield and then use wrestling to interrupt attacks with the other hands.  The main downside to this is that you forgo dodging (so a lucky hit can pulp you as well).  However, I think it will give you quite a good chance.  Just make sure to have good observer skill so you can see what to grab when the attacks come in.

pikachu17

• Bay Watcher
  • PADORU PADORU
    • View Profile
« Reply #4102 on: December 27, 2016, 11:12:00 am »

What is the best way to play an intelligent wilderness creature such as a firefly man? Would it be multiple shields? I tried playing that route and did great until someone got a lucky hit on me and pulped me in one shot. Any advice?
any adventurer can wield multiple shields. Instead, fly into the air, and use ranged attacks until your enemies fall. Take care if they have ranged attacks too, because getting hit will often make you fall down.
Sigtext!
dwarf 4tress from scratch
The Pikachu revolution!
Thank you NatureGirl19999 for the avatar switcher at http://signavatar.com

A warforged bard named Gender appears and says"Hello. I am a social construct."

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4103 on: December 28, 2016, 01:16:07 pm »

I wish I knew how to reliably force humans and other standard civilizations to be hostile to goblin-native adventurers. :v
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4104 on: December 28, 2016, 04:55:40 pm »

I wish I knew how to reliably force humans and other standard civilizations to be hostile to goblin-native adventurers. :v
I wish I could force them not to be, but I'd be fine with the opposite.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4105 on: December 28, 2016, 06:58:20 pm »

I wish I could force them not to be, but I'd be fine with the opposite.

What do you mean? Far as I can tell, humans will never flip out and attack dark-fortress adventurers. >.o
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4106 on: December 28, 2016, 07:09:38 pm »

I just want to rescue kids from dark fortresses. And not have them get murdered by their parents.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4107 on: December 28, 2016, 08:30:13 pm »

That's a bug though. ;w;

Thing is, goblin-native adventurers, if modded playable, won't generate hostility from those human NPCS.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

linuxmant

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4108 on: January 01, 2017, 11:04:03 pm »

Anybody having issues a.k.a. (black 'plan screen') trying to build in adventure mode?

I created a pocket world, played a few years, abandoned it, and when i start an adventure game:
1- can't create dwarves for adventurers
2- the elf i made can't build other than a carpenter's workshop
3- after creating a CW (in 2) any brooks nearby turn into rocks, any river turns into what seems a frozen brook...
4- can't build plans, I don't see the map but I can place walls and floors... which makes it very hard to build

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4109 on: January 02, 2017, 07:45:47 am »

Anybody having issues a.k.a. (black 'plan screen') trying to build in adventure mode?
It's a Text will be Text (TwbT) tileset issue. Try asking/searching in the appropriate thread.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 07:47:32 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?
Pages: 1 ... 272 273 [274] 275 276 ... 327