Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616344 times)

Z49000

• Bay Watcher
  • [HERETIC]
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4125 on: January 07, 2017, 02:07:54 am »

More of a general question but...
is it possible for something to span multiple Z levels if it should be that tall?

Depends on what that something is. Do you mean a creature?
"Science isn't about why. Science is about WHY NOT?"- Cave Johnson, Portal 2

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Edible beserk! now available in masterwork!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4126 on: January 07, 2017, 08:14:44 pm »

is it possible for something to span multiple Z levels if it should be that tall?

Megabeast? Giant?
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4127 on: January 08, 2017, 06:37:55 pm »

Megabeast? Giant?

No.  Creatures are always a single tile.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4128 on: January 08, 2017, 06:50:27 pm »

Megabeast? Giant?

No.  Creatures are always a single tile.

Oh look at that monster that's bigger than a mountain! It's coming in the entryway!
"How the hell does it even fucking fit? It's enough for one really fat man at most!
Uhh. I have no clue. Maybe it's a blob?
"Its a damned metal spider which is way too big. how does it even fit inside the pit for the f... how does it even fit in this low roofed area?"
.... Alright. This is indeed rediculous
I am currently trying to comprehend what sick, mad, dwarven mind came up with the fortress name "Lancefondled", because it wasn't me.

DF_Silvestre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4129 on: January 08, 2017, 07:09:09 pm »

Would that be hard to implement though? A multitile creature could essentially be multiple creatures on different Z-levels.

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4130 on: January 08, 2017, 07:21:22 pm »

Would that be hard to implement though? A multitile creature could essentially be multiple creatures on different Z-levels.
Or limbs of a creature taking different parts.

It is still rather silly that a creature as big as a mountain can fit in a tiny underground bunker fortress

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4131 on: January 09, 2017, 02:23:31 am »

Or limbs of a creature taking different parts.

It is still rather silly that a creature as big as a mountain can fit in a tiny underground bunker fortress

Yes, yes it is.  But the requisite intelligence for multi-tile creatures is not implemented yet.  They would get stuck trying to go places too small for them.
Only vaguely. Made of the same substance and put to the same use, but a bit like comparing a castle and a doublewide trailer.

min40

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4132 on: January 11, 2017, 06:06:43 am »

They write fanfiction non-stop basically, but there should be a slab in there somewhere, might gotta dig through piles though.
The was no slabs anywhere in the tower or in the area, and that tower was pretty long.
You know what they say about necromancers with big towers,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

ReynTheLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4133 on: January 11, 2017, 07:34:08 pm »

How to take bag out of hand and into passive inventory without using another bag

Rockphed

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4134 on: January 11, 2017, 08:31:22 pm »

How to take bag out of hand and into passive inventory without using another bag

Drop it, draw weapons, pick it back up.  If you have a backpack things that you cannot carry automatically gets put inside.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4135 on: March 05, 2017, 05:34:05 pm »

When dealing with war aftermath (mess of thousands and thousands of useless items cluttering everything), in Fortress mode there were solutions, the easy one with dfhack (autodump destroy) the much much longer without (involving having to wait for dwarves to carry the thousands of useless to your atom smasher) in order to keep the game playable and smooth enough.

But how do you do in Adventure mode ?
I'm asking because that's a problem i'm starting to face, due to the massive fun civil wars that happens in your reality bubble when you visit those multi-specie towns and everyone has [CRAZED], the aftermath of things get very messy and the useless item lying around explode in numbers, a simple marketplace can lead into useless item hell.

I tried to retire my character (i had to remove [CRAZED] from his specie in the creature_standard.txt before reloading the game as [CRAZED] characters can't retire, only die of starvation) and unretire it after the game moved on a week, but in town the situation is unchanged, still mess of useless items everywhere.

Moving away from town and coming back is changing nothing.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4136 on: March 05, 2017, 06:35:58 pm »

You can destroy items by dropping them on a campfire, but that's tedious and dangerous. You could probably make a reaction that needs an item but doesn't produce one, that would be somewhat less tedious.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

Robsoie

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McAngry
    • View Profile
« Reply #4137 on: March 05, 2017, 07:14:54 pm »

Looks like creating a campfire on top of an item does not destroy it, and oddly it does not seems possible to create a campfire over every items.

I tried an alternative, giving humans (as my character is a human) dragon firebreath temporarly, by adding
Code: [Select]
[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:MATERIAL_EMISSION]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Breathe fire]
[CDI:USAGE_HINT:ATTACK]
[CDI:BP_REQUIRED:BY_CATEGORY:MOUTH]
[CDI:FLOW:DRAGONFIRE]
[CDI:TARGET:C:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:C:15]
[CDI:MAX_TARGET_NUMBER:C:1]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:50]
[FIREIMMUNE_SUPER]

To the human of creature_standard.txt of the saved region own raws.

It worked as the fire breath was available at the same location as the spit

Used it a few times to have the whole marketplace location in fire, waited with . a lot of time but fire wasn't going to put itself out so i just z  slept until dawn.

It seems some items have been destroyed, but there are still a lot. I did the whole process a few times but without success, those are just never destroyed when under a fire breath and waiting time and time to check.

Rumrusher

• Bay Watcher
  • current project : searching...
    • View Profile
« Reply #4138 on: March 05, 2017, 11:30:24 pm »

technically what your asking for is someone making a Wagon^3 which technically are creatures who if next to a tile that has freezing water(not directly on it next to it) will be incased in ice.
I thought I would I had never hear my daughter's escapades from some boy...
DAMN YOU RUMRUSHER!!!!!!!!
"body swapping and YOU!"
Adventure in baby making!Adv Homes

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4139 on: March 05, 2017, 11:57:47 pm »

Drop it, draw weapons, pick it back up.  If you have a backpack things that you cannot carry automatically gets put inside.
You can also press 'p' to put things in other things (or on tables). Though, that only works if a thing fits in the other thing.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.
Pages: 1 ... 274 275 [276] 277 278 ... 327