Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614657 times)

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4260 on: April 26, 2017, 11:01:57 am »

What does it mean if a human child is flashing with pink quotation marks? They are awake while the rest of the population is asleep, I accused them of being a night creature but to no avail.
They're playing.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4261 on: April 26, 2017, 11:09:05 am »

"Look at me mister ! I'm a werewolf ! Rawr!"
"I CALL YOU A CHILD OF THE NIGHT AND WILL SLAY YOU WERE YOU STAND"

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4262 on: April 26, 2017, 11:43:37 am »

Lol well I was following a pink N in my tracking screen and he turned up, so I thought something might be up. Sheesh that's like the dwarf fortress equivalent of someone shooting at a kid for holding a watergun isn't it.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4263 on: April 26, 2017, 11:56:07 am »

"Look at me mister ! I'm a werewolf ! Rawr!"
"I CALL YOU A CHILD OF THE NIGHT AND WILL SLAY YOU WERE YOU STAND"
sigged

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
  • Cease hostilities? Never!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4264 on: April 26, 2017, 02:41:19 pm »

Out of Curiosity, As of right now, I am working on a dwarf fortress with decent supplies and weapons, with a entrance to the underworld and caverns, once I retire the fortress, make an human adventurer and return, would demons roam into the fortress? And would I be able to go in and grab supplies from bins safely as a human adventurer? (I checked Civ screen, nobody is an enemy)
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4265 on: April 26, 2017, 02:54:51 pm »

Out of Curiosity, As of right now, I am working on a dwarf fortress with decent supplies and weapons, with a entrance to the underworld and caverns, once I retire the fortress, make an human adventurer and return, would demons roam into the fortress? And would I be able to go in and grab supplies from bins safely as a human adventurer? (I checked Civ screen, nobody is an enemy)

Any demons on the map'll likely scatter around the area, with some staying in the fort. So aside from possibly causing a small-scale apocalypse, should have Fun exploring the fort.

Items in the fort however are prone to scattering all about at random.
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4266 on: April 26, 2017, 08:10:19 pm »

Any demons on the map'll likely scatter around the area, with some staying in the fort. So aside from possibly causing a small-scale apocalypse, should have Fun exploring the fort.

Items in the fort however are prone to scattering all about at random.

I thought items only scattered if the fortress was abandoned? or does that happen with Reitiring the fortress too?

Also, on another note, would the human/dwarf population start making a lot of steel and adamantine wep/armors if I sold them a crap ton of them in fortress mode then switched to adventure mode?
I once had a 30 dwarf glacier fortress once.. was going great till the dwarf merchants brought along a WereKoala and killed everyone...

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #4267 on: April 26, 2017, 08:13:08 pm »

Oh right, retiring a fort. Misread that because I've never thought of retiring a fort infested with demons. o.O
On DF Wiki · On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4268 on: April 26, 2017, 09:07:22 pm »

Oh right, retiring a fort. Misread that because I've never thought of retiring a fort infested with demons. o.O

xD well they wont be infested, i'll glitch em out and build a staircase going down, and also put up a defense system leading to that room lol

Edit:
Random, but, when I made a tiny base in Hell, then (after 1 of the steam dudes broke my door) I made a wall their, then they stopped spawning again lol
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:44:34 am by Fatace »

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4269 on: April 27, 2017, 11:08:23 am »

There are just far too many criminal organizations vying for control in towns to continue doing quests for one hearth without running into them. The problem is, I get to the town they send me to, and the group they are talking about is not in complete control, so I have no idea how to find them. Then when I ask the townspeople about criminals, they talk about criminal organizations, but do not name them - they just tell me what towns they own. So I'm not sure if I should just be systematically eradicating every town listed FOR this town in hopes that my lord from another town will eventually be pleased that I got rid of the right group. Very confusing  :-\

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4270 on: April 27, 2017, 08:34:14 pm »

There are just far too many criminal organizations vying for control in towns to continue doing quests for one hearth without running into them. The problem is, I get to the town they send me to, and the group they are talking about is not in complete control, so I have no idea how to find them. Then when I ask the townspeople about criminals, they talk about criminal organizations, but do not name them - they just tell me what towns they own. So I'm not sure if I should just be systematically eradicating every town listed FOR this town in hopes that my lord from another town will eventually be pleased that I got rid of the right group. Very confusing  :-\

I've had this problem as well, tho most people tell ya just to either:
A. Use legends mode to find out their boss and members and kill them (I tried but I became lost figuring this method out)
B. Look for  Ringmaster or Boss npc's in dungeons/temples and kill them and the group with them

But besides those.. Idk truthfully.. I gave up on Criminal Orgs and Abduction quests honestly lol. Either to confusing or to glitchy.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4271 on: April 28, 2017, 08:45:14 pm »

That's helpful probably more reliable than what I was doing which was asking each and every soldier I found what their profession was and what they thought of the lord and the aforementioned group.

Rusty Shackleford

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4272 on: April 28, 2017, 09:40:47 pm »

I never attack 'criminals' I just recruit their members for ADVENTURE! Over time you can recruit every criminal there is, amass a whole army of them, make them hearthpersons and lords of places you've claimed' drop them off at your base then assssinate the leaders.

Or you know, reduce their numbers through adventure attrition. Wiping them out is a waste either way.

StagnantSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • "Player has withdrawn from society!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4273 on: April 28, 2017, 11:18:00 pm »

Haven't actually tried it, but if I came across a barrel of milk in a retired fort, could I drink the milk? Or just lick it, like I was licking my pig tripe roasts?
Quote from: Cptn Kaladin Anrizlokum
I threw night creature blood into a night creature's heart and she pulled it out and bled to death.
Quote from: Eric Blank
Places to jibber madly at each other, got it
Quote from: NJW2000
If any of them are made of fire, throw stuff, run, and think non-flammable thoughts.

Fatace

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4274 on: April 29, 2017, 02:14:32 am »

I just quickly get to the Necromancer tower and read the book so I don't have to worry about eating or drinking tbh xd easy to get in and out, even with a fresh character
Pages: 1 ... 283 284 [285] 286 287 ... 327