Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616764 times)

Ronnoc

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4380 on: July 08, 2017, 07:25:48 pm »

So everything in "The Chocolate of Muffins" tavern is free...
Is this related to my killing of the local bandits, or is everything in the tavern free?
Basically I'm asking if your reputation affects whether or not stuff in the tavern is free.

Ziusudra

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4381 on: July 08, 2017, 09:19:53 pm »

It's reputation. Also, if the tavern keeper doesn't like what you've done they'll charge more.
Ironblood didn't use an axe because he needed it. He used it to be kind. And right now he wasn't being kind.

achamalacha

• Bay Watcher
  • Hi there, you might know me from other tags like..
    • View Profile
Adding persons to you group?
« Reply #4382 on: July 09, 2017, 07:40:42 am »

So, I've got myself the average demi god dwarf adventurer and started to build a camp with the help of my companions. It is a tower with workshop, teavern (no place to dance though) and library (filld with scrolls and quires of questionable quality, mostly authored by my beloved dwarf Stodir Gatizbiban). After creation I named and claimed the site.
However, I cant make any companions hearthpersons. Nor when asking theem about the local ruler they tell about me, but generally they don't care. In legends, they are associated with me (LegendsViewer is a great tool btw) but my group consist only of one dwarf (me) after retiering there.

How can I add more humans/dwarfs/hippies to my group/site?

Edit:
It seems I 'released' an human from his duties as companion at this site. He is still around but not in the group (not even a historical figure). However, LegendsViewer shows me two human outcasts.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2017, 07:50:03 am by achamalacha »

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4383 on: July 09, 2017, 02:30:22 pm »

If you zone a location and assign it to one, it becomes their home, so they would remain unless they have a duty to some other site government (eg hearthperson, noble.) If you can't make them hearthfolk, then you haven't impressed them enough, and apparently being a demigod of real estate development isn't enough to do that.

Fluffy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4384 on: July 09, 2017, 04:12:14 pm »

Is it possible to see or know my adventurer prefered food aside from joining Fort? Like with dfhack or something, therapist does not connect.
I can fullfill everything else, make myself brewing reaction, trade figurines for sock to ascuire something, talk nonsense to drunk to argue and so on, but food...is tricky.
Sorry for my bad english

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4385 on: July 09, 2017, 10:05:29 pm »

Yes, with dfhack gui/gm-editor script you can browse yours and other character's preferences. It's possible to create them, but I've never seen any unit spawn with them to see an example. Max would have more details about it.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
  • [CULL:SQUARE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4386 on: July 10, 2017, 01:13:16 am »

I avoid setting food preferences because you can't make a prepared meal with a reaction and good meals only count if it is a prepared meal, just set immoderation to a minimum.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4387 on: July 10, 2017, 01:30:19 am »

I avoid setting food preferences because you can't make a prepared meal with a reaction and good meals only count if it is a prepared meal, just set immoderation to a minimum.
I use advfort to cook roasts all the time; doesn't that count as a prepared meal?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4388 on: July 10, 2017, 06:12:42 pm »

Yeah but you gotta have advfort for it.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4389 on: July 10, 2017, 10:41:07 pm »

If not gm-editor, what are you using to set preferences with? And if you are using gui/gm-editor, why not use gui/advfort bundled with dfhack?

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4390 on: July 11, 2017, 02:42:05 pm »

Oh you mean specific food preferences rather than meal needs?

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4391 on: July 11, 2017, 06:45:04 pm »

I mean how do you specify a valid food type when you create the preference? This is what I get when I insert default type and set it myself:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The ids are set with the item type; if I select DRINK the ids are 68.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2017, 06:47:07 pm by Uzu Bash »

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #4392 on: July 12, 2017, 05:53:14 am »

Can dwarfs in fort mode read slabs with secrets? Have no luck with founding proper book.

Max™

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4393 on: July 12, 2017, 11:15:55 am »

I mean how do you specify a valid food type when you create the preference? This is what I get when I insert default type and set it myself:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The ids are set with the item type; if I select DRINK the ids are 68.
Ooohhhhhh, the material type/index for raw materials, food is for meals and they're -1/-1 on materials.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4394 on: July 12, 2017, 07:33:40 pm »

That was a confusing explanation. Could you show me an example of a properly configured preference so I can figure it out from that?
Pages: 1 ... 291 292 [293] 294 295 ... 327