Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614538 times)

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4425 on: September 17, 2017, 06:15:48 pm »

What happens if you kill everybody in a town?
The cats will rule.

Dragonunion

• Bay Watcher
  • ... challenging the monsters of the depths
    • View Profile
« Reply #4426 on: September 18, 2017, 08:59:43 am »

What happens if you kill everybody in a town?
I tried this one time: killed everybody in a village.
Walked to other villages and accidently died.
In legendsmode were listed all the kills in the village and the last one was:
SOMEONE SETTLED THERE!
The old apple revels in its authority.

Hoshiqua

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4427 on: September 18, 2017, 12:18:21 pm »

Doesn't the site simply get ruined when it has no population left ? Tho you'd have trouble completely cleaning a town up, they can have hundreds, even a thousand (I think) inhabitants. When a site is ruined I think it just gets deserted and no new government entity will take control of it unless someone sends a reclamation group to it. Then the site is "reborn".

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4428 on: September 18, 2017, 01:13:41 pm »

Only town-class settlements get the ruin icon, never seen village-class get it, otherwise ruined cities would be a lot harder to find on the map. Any site becomes a ruin when no site government is in control. If you wiped out the governing group and all groups vying for control, it'll stay that way until someone from outside (such as you) takes control. The abstract population remaining will spawn and settle there, but there won't be anyone in charge.

SomeKindOfGnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4429 on: September 18, 2017, 04:08:02 pm »

Only town-class settlements get the ruin icon, never seen village-class get it, otherwise ruined cities would be a lot harder to find on the map. Any site becomes a ruin when no site government is in control. If you wiped out the governing group and all groups vying for control, it'll stay that way until someone from outside (such as you) takes control. The abstract population remaining will spawn and settle there, but there won't be anyone in charge.
So, could you just kill everybody in a hamlet, claim it, retire your Adventurer, and come back years later to see if it's repopulated?
Signature? I hardly know 'er.

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4430 on: September 18, 2017, 07:06:33 pm »

So, could you just kill everybody in a hamlet, claim it, retire your Adventurer, and come back years later to see if it's repopulated?
It won't take that long for abstract population to refill the site to its max population. They could trickle in while you're still in the general area, and there'll be a rash of them at the start of next month. If the site remains part of the civ it could still get new settlers.

kelid190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4431 on: September 27, 2017, 04:15:09 pm »

I started out as a completely naked outcast.  I've had no trouble finding some things: clothing, food, weapons, etc.  But I haven't been able to find: a backpack, a pouch, a waterskin, and a quiver.  In what ways can I acquire these things?

I'd really like to get things through trade if possible from a shopkeeper, but I haven't found one who sells those yet in the human town I'm in.  I don't want to take away another character's pouch through trade (I'm nice and I don't want to bug merchants or shopgoers something), and I don't think I'm up to killing bandits yet even if they do carry the items I need (very physically weak character).

Uzu Bash

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4432 on: September 27, 2017, 05:37:48 pm »

If you're committed to getting it by trade, try to find a leather goods shop for all you mentioned. The dungeons and catacombs may have them scattered on the ground, but it may just be a waste of time and if you aren't familiar with the signs of danger you may find yourself over your head.

A keep on the outskirts of any hamlet is guaranteed to have a great variety and quality of backpacks, waterskins and quivers free for the taking. This may seem exploity, but that's where most players get equipped since the last few versions.

kelid190

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4433 on: September 27, 2017, 08:33:14 pm »

Thanks!

Is a leather goods shop different from a leather clothing shop?  I've found leather clothing stores: dresses, boots, gloves, etc, but no practical items yet.

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4434 on: October 06, 2017, 02:05:24 pm »

Is this some sort of glitch? After slaying a giantess I convinced my fellow hearthperson to join me, and though they move around as a singular pink @ symbol, they appear as two people?
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 06:17:46 pm by gnome »

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4435 on: October 07, 2017, 10:03:15 pm »

Cloning glitch, I think. See if you can get one to kill the other.
"Just now, I killed myself."
"It was inevitable."
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4436 on: October 07, 2017, 10:31:30 pm »

Cloning glitch, I think. See if you can get one to kill the other.
"Just now, I killed myself."
"It was inevitable."
The odd thing is that in all my adventures with them, they only appeared as such (and on multiple occasions) when near our shared Hearth.

Playing around with the "Spellcrafts mod" - generated a world that let me start as a wizard. Sent to kill a zombie dragon - it shot fire at me - i blocked it with a wall of water, and after dancing around a few more blasts it eventually did melt my face off. Pretty neat though - a nice preview of what kind of things could end up happening when the actual magic system comes around.

Accidentally burned the clothes off of my Rhinoman. Does anyone know of a reliable method of obtaining non-small clothing?

« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:35:01 am by gnome »

callisto8413

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4437 on: October 18, 2017, 04:24:05 pm »

I know this has been asked a billion times before - but how to I pay for my drinks.  The Tavern Keeper has taken two coins but I still owe him two coins.  I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.  I got local coins and I got to the menu choice where I pay off what I owe.  I just can't find out how to pay for my drink!  It is almost like the one "button" I need does not exist.

Can somebody put up a image or series of images to show me, in very SIMPLE way, how to pay?

The most EVIL creature in Dwarf Fortress!

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4438 on: October 18, 2017, 05:47:28 pm »

I know this has been asked a billion times before - but how to I pay for my drinks.  The Tavern Keeper has taken two coins but I still owe him two coins.  I can't seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.  I got local coins and I got to the menu choice where I pay off what I owe.  I just can't find out how to pay for my drink!  It is almost like the one "button" I need does not exist.

Can somebody put up a image or series of images to show me, in very SIMPLE way, how to pay?
Haha I just go to the back of taverns and steal all their drinks - I haven't noticed anyone giving a shit even when I'm in plain sight.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4439 on: October 18, 2017, 06:42:12 pm »

When you go into the trade menu, press "a" then the amount that you want to settle - then you have to give them objects that are of equal or greater value. For example the mug they just gave you.
Pages: 1 ... 294 295 [296] 297 298 ... 327