Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608446 times)

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware the Moon Creatures.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #45 on: December 04, 2010, 09:15:11 am »

i see :P I'm only doing it to get used to a few thigns, I has other questiosn :P like if I killed the people of a town, then go to another town will the other towns guards try to kill me?

That really depends on if they were of the same civilization as the first town. You may have to trek across the continent and start a new life as a forest ranger.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
There are many issues with this statement.
[/quote]

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2010, 09:17:14 am »

It depends if the towns are from the same civilization... Like a kingdom.
Every town is owned by a certain civilization, apart from using legends mode I don't know how you check.
One way to find out (without dying), is sneaking in, and pressing 'shift+Z'
while you're in there. If you can't sleep, you're a criminal, and if someone from that town spots you they'll attack.

EDIT: Ah, beaten! :P
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2010, 09:22:29 am »

When your travelling with T how the hell do you get out of it without running into a creature of some sort?
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2010, 09:25:19 am »

Oh, just press '>'. :)
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2010, 09:27:09 am »

Thanks, Ive just travelled across the map all over :L I managed to split a black bear in half from the chin though so.. ftw :)
EDIT: another question :P what can I do with animal corpses then? Sell them? or what? :S
Forgotten Beasts seem to be akin to Toady playing Russian Roulette with your fortress, as they can be anything from harmless giant worms made of mud to necrotic-gas spewing nigh-invunerable iron hydras of doom.

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 04, 2010, 09:36:24 am »

Thanks, Ive just travelled across the map all over :L I managed to split a black bear in half from the chin though so.. ftw :)
EDIT: another question :P what can I do with animal corpses then? Sell them? or what? :S

If you butcher them (you need something sharp for that. In you hands.), then you can take the resulting parts to a store and sell them. All the edible ones, at any rate.
Toady typically doesn't do things by half measures.  As evidenced by turning "make hauling work better" into "implement mine carts with physics".
[/quote]

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 04, 2010, 10:06:15 am »

Can you only butcher edible animals then? if so then I should just throw away the jaguar blackbear and whatnot corpses yes?

shot2bits

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 04, 2010, 10:13:47 am »

is there any way to look at adventurers youve previously played and had "fun" with?

decided to give adventure mode a go after playing fortress mode on and off since the start of 0.31.01 as it looked a bit easier to get into nowadays (last time the shortkeys confused me after excessive fortressing) and ive played about a dozen adventurers who have all met their untimely end doing quests for local lords after sluaghtering the local wildlife and hacking the limbs of a few night creatures and bandits and thought it would be nice to see information about those guys, thought i might be able to do it in legends but couldnt find any of them in there. if your adventurers have info stored in the legends stuff is there a quick way to get to them?

also first ever post after a long time lurking the forums
« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 11:00:44 am by shot2bits »

SurfinShroom

• Bay Watcher
  • Why so cereal?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 04, 2010, 10:43:58 am »

Another question.. how do you get quests? I know what your supposed to do, ask around and stuff. I followed what the wiki said, everytime I get directed to some stupid church thing I ask the guy he tells me to do something nature what the hell am I supposed to do? does that even count as a quest?

Flaede

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 04, 2010, 11:27:55 am »

Can you only butcher edible animals then? if so then I should just throw away the jaguar blackbear and whatnot corpses yes?

Those are totally butcherable normally. It is the X menu. There is a point where they are unbutcherable, and odd meat like trolls and humans is not butcherable - you get the message "you're not that hungry" at the top of the screen when you try.
[/quote]

minno

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 04, 2010, 11:37:55 am »

is there any way to look at adventurers youve previously played and had "fun" with?

...thought i might be able to do it in legends but couldnt find any of them in there. if your adventurers have info stored in the legends stuff is there a quick way to get to them?

When you're looking through legends mode, any player-controlled entities are highlighted and blue, and normally near the end of the list.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 04, 2010, 11:39:08 am »

Go to Legends Mode and look for them. IIRC people you've played as will be near the bottom of the list, and their names will be in blue (I think, I don't use Legends that much).

FakeEdit: Ninja'd
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

shot2bits

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 04, 2010, 01:11:03 pm »

cheers guys, i thought it would be something like that but the list was huge and i was very tired at the time

this next question is more to satiate my curiosity but what the fudge is an eye tooth, do humans in this see with their teeth

pjwaring

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 04, 2010, 03:06:02 pm »

cheers guys, i thought it would be something like that but the list was huge and i was very tired at the time

this next question is more to satiate my curiosity but what the fudge is an eye tooth, do humans in this see with their teeth

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eye_tooth

Come on man you're on the INTERNET. I took me longer to write this post than to look it up.

SolPyre

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 04, 2010, 03:56:34 pm »

Ok how do i get into the caverns below ground? Mountain fortresses no longer exist (Im playing .18 in a world made in .17) so can't get there that way. I heard caves led down there but the two 'caves' ive tried have just been these weird little hills with no entrance and tons of kobolds.

The kobolds killed this companion I had had with me forever. I spent ages training up that meat shield on wolves and stuff and now they kill him with a fricking copper boning knife to the throat >:( ended up losing my sword some how and had to use a kobold leg instead.

So second question, is there a way to get better companions other than training them on wild animals?

Quote from: Neil Gaiman
George R.R. Martin is not your b****.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 327