Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614681 times)

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4500 on: January 14, 2018, 06:09:02 am »

Do anyone knows if I play as an necromancer and gather a large enough undead following, will it build a tower if I retire it? Or if I build a camp and retire, will it behave like world gen necromancer towers (raiding fortresses, recruiting apprentices, raising more undead, and so on)?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4501 on: January 22, 2018, 06:31:56 pm »

Which is better: artifact steel or no quality divine metal?

EDIT: Doing some research and impromptu testing, I've discovered the answer is artifact steel. Divine metal is a little better than steel, but not so much better that it can make up for the quality gap.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:52:25 pm by TheFlame52 »

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4502 on: January 26, 2018, 03:39:28 am »

How many tiles (on the overview map) can an adventurer swim?  I was asked to fight some guys on an island and it is three tiles from the mainland.  Ive been training swimming but would hate to drown at sea because I got a cramp in the fat of my second toe on my left foot. 

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4503 on: January 26, 2018, 03:58:00 am »

How many tiles (on the overview map) can an adventurer swim?  I was asked to fight some guys on an island and it is three tiles from the mainland.  Ive been training swimming but would hate to drown at sea because I got a cramp in the fat of my second toe on my left foot.

Just set yourself to adequate swimmer during setup.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

daggaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4504 on: January 26, 2018, 04:33:54 am »

Why?  You can train to legendary from novice in short time with no risk. I'm already professional  (and have the attribute boosts to go with it).

Also it doesn't answer my question. I'm asking how many ocean tiles a dwarf can swim before something makes him drown. Hungry or thirsty I imagine you can take care of in the water, but tired or nausea is maybe a problem?

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4505 on: January 26, 2018, 04:46:51 am »

Why?  You can train to legendary from novice in short time with no risk. I'm already professional  (and have the attribute boosts to go with it).

Also it doesn't answer my question. I'm asking how many ocean tiles a dwarf can swim before something makes him drown. Hungry or thirsty I imagine you can take care of in the water, but tired or nausea is maybe a problem?

You can't drink salt water. Fill your backpack with water fist, that'll give you upwards of 30 units.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4506 on: January 28, 2018, 10:24:46 pm »

What are quick ways to level up Crutch Walker?

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4507 on: January 29, 2018, 05:16:17 pm »

What are quick ways to level up Crutch Walker?
Find a long, straight road. Go to one end. Start crutch walking and sneaking. Put a rock or other heavy object on the direction key. Then go have a sandwich.

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4508 on: January 29, 2018, 09:45:25 pm »

The absolute fastest way is to stand between two trees (or any other obstruction) to your east and west, with at least two tiles in between, and hold down both the left and right arrow key.  If you do this in a totally empty place it can go really, really fast.  In arena mode it goes so fast the FPS counter will soar up into the tens of thousands and seasons will start passing by in just minutes.  That won't happen in adventure mode but you might see the sunlight changing color quickly as morning turns to dusk faster than you would have thought it could. This works for sneaking and swimming too (you need a tree or cliff on each side of a body of water in that case)
It's definitely cheese but how want you play is your individual choice ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4509 on: January 30, 2018, 08:32:45 pm »

Use a macro, with a really high repeat count.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4510 on: January 31, 2018, 09:20:38 pm »

I've run into a little bit of a problem in my adventure:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4511 on: February 01, 2018, 01:29:03 am »

I've run into a little bit of a problem in my adventure:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
I'm pretty sure you have to remain on site for stuff to happen. For instance, if you light a campfire and travel away, it will still be there days later.

Maybe you could get some poor sucker to carry it for you? Trade them for all their (flammable) items. If they manage to survive until it cools, then you could just arrange for an unfortunate accident a heroic death.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 01:37:05 am by Bumber »
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

CheetosChrist

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread, Drive off my own group?
« Reply #4512 on: February 01, 2018, 03:04:09 pm »

I'm a bit confused right now.
i found an Overlord in a town and pledged as a lieutenant. My first duty was to ¨Drive off The Roomy Factions¨ from the town we're in.

Did some looking around and couldn't find anything on the group, just found some goblins, but they were from another.
I looked into the group's description and i found they had a leader.
an Overlord.

This guy ordered me to Drive off our own group from the town.
what should i do? just kill the some of the other lieutenants and talk to the overlord or what? i'm stumped  :'(

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4513 on: February 02, 2018, 02:22:27 am »

In a town there can be multiple bandit groups, and the leader names are random so there's no reason there can't be two criminal organizations led by overlords in a single town.

Galap

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4514 on: February 02, 2018, 12:57:13 pm »

I figured out how to cool down the items: I picked them up and quickly threw them at the wall (to get them away from the still-burning corpse). You can't wait indoors,but if you go outside the structure (right outside, not away from the area) you can do things. I wrote some poetry for a while and came back and they had cooled down.
Pages: 1 ... 299 300 [301] 302 303 ... 327