Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 616070 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4530 on: March 03, 2018, 10:24:36 am »

Aside from jumping around, not much you can do against fireball throwers, since for some reason fireballs (along with webs) aren't blockable unlike other material emission attacks.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4531 on: March 03, 2018, 09:32:29 pm »

Just encountered my first fireball-tossing critter and got melted.  My shield didn't seem to do anything, and I never got a chance to block or dodge. How do you fight these?
Were you wearing armor? I've been struck by fireballs before, but was wearing a full set, and didn't seem to suffer any ill effects. Unless if the size/power of fireballs is dependent on the creature?

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4532 on: March 04, 2018, 08:25:03 pm »

Just encountered my first fireball-tossing critter and got melted.  My shield didn't seem to do anything, and I never got a chance to block or dodge. How do you fight these?
Were you wearing armor? I've been struck by fireballs before, but was wearing a full set, and didn't seem to suffer any ill effects. Unless if the size/power of fireballs is dependent on the creature?
Might be an issue of wearing flammable clothing, too.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4533 on: March 05, 2018, 10:23:13 am »

Might be an issue of wearing flammable clothing, too.

Yeah, I was wearing a full set of armor but with clothes underneath - maybe I'll reload that save and see if dropping the clothes helps.

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4534 on: March 18, 2018, 08:20:56 pm »

Well, can I ask here how am I supposed to open a Lair closed by a hatch cover? I`ve alrwdy tried to wait to the dweller to return, stalked around when wolves came, followed the tracks the leads to it, but couldnt found a way to enter the said lair...

« Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 08:46:15 pm by LordBalkan »

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4535 on: March 18, 2018, 08:44:21 pm »

You need to "move carefully" ; Alt+Move

LordBalkan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4536 on: March 18, 2018, 08:53:03 pm »

WOW!! Once I`ve read that alt+movement was ment to climb easier, I mean without the need to press "h"...
anyways, ty!! The skinless creature lies dead now, It was inevitable

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4537 on: March 18, 2018, 08:57:30 pm »

No problem ^^ That's something we all looked for at some point, the game is not straight up with that. Congrats on your kill :D

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4538 on: March 19, 2018, 04:19:40 am »

Yeah, night troll lairs closed off by hatches are a bit odd. The same thing persists with the hatches in goblin towers. For whatever reason, aside from having to careful-move, you also need to be on a specific tile around the hatch - trying to go in from other directions doesn't work.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4539 on: March 19, 2018, 05:56:25 pm »

I am playing a rhino man who only wants to give the gift of music. He's quite good at some of the improvisational singing musical forms.

At any rate, a goblin patrol came across him, and while they were [Lethal] in attitude they were reluctant to attack the hulking rhino bard. As a token of peace, I asked them to lay down their arms and began to sing and play a flute-thing-analogue. Their response was to charge and break his arm with an axe, causing him to drop the flute!

Rhinobard fled, and went back to try and find his flutey-thing, but was unable. So instead of that, he stomped to the nearest dark fortress and asked politely for a replacement flute. The goblins that decided it was wise to attack were dismembered in retaliation, and eventually he found one that had an instrument. Now he is the owner of some kind of pan-flute.

EDIT: Dis' ain't the what's going on in your adventure thread, like at all.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2018, 01:35:42 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Zeebie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4540 on: March 20, 2018, 07:12:35 am »

Any advice for getting inside caves? I'm in the right tile, I got a "You have found a cave entrance" message, and I can see the rock mound. But I can't see any way inside.  I've poked around the mound quite thoroughly.  Can the entrance be a significant distance away? is the entrance always located where the compass thingy reads ***?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4541 on: March 20, 2018, 07:17:58 am »

I think that usually the mounds do have some kind of entrance in one of the side-tunnels. However I do recall some caves not having a way underground.

Fruitsbrain Weapon-tosser

• Bay Watcher
  • I must leave!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4542 on: March 20, 2018, 07:20:01 am »

Any advice for getting inside caves? I'm in the right tile, I got a "You have found a cave entrance" message, and I can see the rock mound. But I can't see any way inside.  I've poked around the mound quite thoroughly.  Can the entrance be a significant distance away? is the entrance always located where the compass thingy reads ***?
Sometimes the way inside is one very specific gap across the whole of the mound, and sometimes the worldgen could just make a cave inaccessible. I've found more caves with no way in than ones that did, and even then finding the way in is a pain. If you want to go spelunking, ging through a Dwarven Fortress down into the edge of their underground highways is a lot less painless

SneakyPotato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4543 on: March 28, 2018, 11:00:29 am »

Guys im stuck in a lair, i can't see a way out other than an upward slope but when i try to step up nothing happens. Climbing does nothing at all.

I is scared.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4544 on: March 28, 2018, 11:24:59 am »

Hang on buddy
Press : Alt + movement
Pages: 1 ... 301 302 [303] 304 305 ... 327