Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 614622 times)

SneakyPotato

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4545 on: March 28, 2018, 03:11:29 pm »

Thanks dude!!!

I nearly erased the savedata.  :P

Tilogour

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4546 on: March 30, 2018, 03:31:45 pm »

im playing df version 44_08 and how could I make some armour, shield and weapons by myself?

I never played as a dwarf before (im serious), because I had a problem to exit this guys home.
I'm not sure where I can find some good stuff
« Last Edit: March 30, 2018, 03:34:56 pm by Tilogour »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4547 on: March 30, 2018, 03:39:09 pm »

You can't make anything but wood furniture at this point, but there are mods that allow more and you can always go old-school and craft some at a fort to be picked up by your adventurer later.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

rhavviepoodle

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4548 on: March 31, 2018, 08:08:01 pm »

I'm looking for a few specific historical figures in my adventure. All three of them were formerly staying in one forest retreat, but the elves of said forest retreat sent groups to reclaim nearby forest retreat ruins. That's all fine and dandy, except the figures themselves appear to have disappeared. Legends lists them as alive, having settled in said sites, but in actuality, the sites themselves are still completely uninhabited. My guess is the group sent to reclaim the sites is still (very slowly) on their way there, but my question is how long is this going to take? It's already been plenty of time since these characters have "resettled," but I'm beginning to wonder whether or not they'll be showing up at all.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4549 on: May 16, 2018, 10:08:36 pm »

I'm looking for a few specific historical figures in my adventure. All three of them were formerly staying in one forest retreat, but the elves of said forest retreat sent groups to reclaim nearby forest retreat ruins. That's all fine and dandy, except the figures themselves appear to have disappeared. Legends lists them as alive, having settled in said sites, but in actuality, the sites themselves are still completely uninhabited. My guess is the group sent to reclaim the sites is still (very slowly) on their way there, but my question is how long is this going to take? It's already been plenty of time since these characters have "resettled," but I'm beginning to wonder whether or not they'll be showing up at all.
Did that end up working out for you?
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

Beag

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4550 on: May 22, 2018, 06:24:22 pm »

Can you improve your adventurer's endurance and strength through cardio(running fast a lot) and lifting weights(carrying a dozen logs with you)?

BadCompany141

• Bay Watcher
  • [POWER] Legendary Blowgunner, Legendary Knapper
    • View Profile
« Reply #4551 on: May 22, 2018, 09:23:01 pm »

I'm sorry if this has been already answered especially before but how do you apply poison to a weapon/some ammo in this mode?

I have a +wolf leather backpack+ full of [50] cave spider venom(yes not the good stuff, nonetheless still a good find) and I have tried emptying the pack onto the weapon on the floor, throwing the venom at the tile where said weapon is and even tried walking over it to see if it spread onto it; only to leave a coating on my
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
but not on the weapon, despite being on a pool of the stuff in the tile.

edit: tried out the two methods below as of 26th, I guess theres no way. was looking forward to coating ammo with the stuff since im mostly doing ranged now especially since it takes alot of ticks
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: May 26, 2018, 03:09:04 pm by BadCompany141 »

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4552 on: May 23, 2018, 03:39:54 pm »

Strap the sword to your feet and then walk through the puddle.

Nah but I would try throwing venom at a monster with few body parts and then killing it with the sword. That might get some spatters on it.

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4553 on: May 23, 2018, 05:16:04 pm »

Maybe dropping the sword in a pool of water with some venom in it?

Jazz Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept stringed instrumentalist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4554 on: June 10, 2018, 10:07:53 pm »

According to the rumors in my last fort, there's an elf out there with an artifact steel sword. So I made an adventurer to go murder the ask him politely for it. Problem is, I can't find him. He's not in the last place the rumors said the artifact was, he's not in the forest retreat Legends mode says he lives in. I can't even ask anybody about it, because my adventure's never heard of the elf nor the sword. What's the best way to go about this?
Give your dwarves a pet
My holiday mod (only offensive to elves)
The check-laundry script

Just give the Crossbow weapon the [AMMO:CROSSBOW] tag in the raws. You can make a crossbow that shoots crossbows.

Witty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4555 on: June 16, 2018, 09:59:16 pm »

Trying to get a bardic group started up, where's the best place I can buy/steal some instruments for my drunken bandmates?
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 11:52:45 pm by Witty »
Quote from: Toady One
I understand that it is disappointing when a dwarf makes a spiked loincloth instead of an axe.

Cathar

• Bay Watcher
  • Competent Engraver
    • View Profile
    • My shit
« Reply #4556 on: June 17, 2018, 12:11:32 am »

Well, you dont absolutely need instruments, you can go accapella. Besides some instruments are stationarry, you'll find them in the taverns. For portable instruments, sometimes bandits steal some, so you can check their camps.

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4557 on: June 17, 2018, 12:25:16 am »

Fortress taverns (at the surface) have a lot of instruments in a chest, I think, so do human taverns, also in a chest.
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4558 on: June 19, 2018, 12:26:09 am »

Jazz Cat: It's a bit late, but assuming you still want to know... Normally I search for people by telling stories.  If you know the person's name, you can carve a figurine of them.  This will sometimes point out a place where they've been.  Once you have a place where they did something notable, then you can go to the region and talk to people.  At that point, you should be able to tell a story about the region.  Hopefully in that menu there will be a story about the person you are searching for.  If you tell the story enough, it can start a rumour that you can hear which will allow you to ask about that person.

Yes, big giant hack :-)  If the person hasn't done anything notable, then you may be out of luck.  I haven't played adventure mode since the artifact release, so I'm not entirely sure how all the artifact conversations work.  Possibly there is some hack in there to do the same kind of thing.  Basically you're just trying to trick people into talking about something so that you can ask about it.

adamkad1

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4559 on: July 08, 2018, 02:04:39 pm »

And if you have dfhack you can check legends in adv mode
Pages: 1 ... 302 303 [304] 305 306 ... 327