Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608425 times)

George_Chickens

• Bay Watcher
  • Ghosts are stored in the balls.
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4635 on: March 21, 2019, 01:28:01 am »

How do I kill a steel web titan?

If you recruit dwarven crossbowmen with steel bolts it should be strenuous but possible. If you get close enough to it, there is a chance it will stop webbing. With the right skill, steel should be able to cut through steel.
Ghosts are stored in the balls?[/quote]
also George_Chickens quit fucking my sister

Pyoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4636 on: March 24, 2019, 10:33:56 am »

When you get your weapon stuck in an enemy, is it still possible to "twist the weapon around"? This was a thing in older versions, I don't remember if this has been removed or not. I can only pull the weapon out.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4637 on: March 24, 2019, 10:46:05 am »

Definitely removed by now. I think weapon twisting was removed in DF 0.40.01, but I'm not too familiar with older releases.

Pyoro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4638 on: March 24, 2019, 10:59:29 am »

Definitely removed by now. I think weapon twisting was removed in DF 0.40.01, but I'm not too familiar with older releases.

I started playing when 34.11 was the latest release, it was present in that version, and I don't think I've seen it happen since in newer versions.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4639 on: March 24, 2019, 11:11:32 am »

I started playing when 40.24 was the latest release, and I never saw weapon twisting.
According to Dwarf Fortress Talk #22, weapon twisting was removed because removing it saved time. Keep in mind, 40.01 introduced a major overhaul to the combat system. To quote the transcript:
Quote from: Toady, during DF Talk #22
The thing that happened there, kind of like with the bows reloading and stuff, when we did the combat movement speed split, we switched everything over to a new system of unit moves, which are - it gives a little action and it has a timer and so on and units can be doing several moves at once and all that kind of thing. Twists were not moved over to the system just as a time expedient. I just commented them out and put a note somewhere and the note is sitting in the short-term development file, and it's just one of those things that's sitting there flopping around waiting to be done.

adseaghtrnjty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4640 on: March 25, 2019, 06:15:28 pm »

I've been testing stating my values to possibly make new soldiers out of farmers and crafts and tradespeople. I've started with a farmer, but arguing and winning those arguments about martial prowess, loyalty, and power, seem not to work.

Does anyone think this might work? If this does work, I also saw a topic on training companions via spitting. Doing so, you could possibly make and expand your hearthspeople reserves.

If this is ever possible, shenanigans can occur. Massive war reserves, wars, total faction takeovers, infinite bandits and warriors to kill for you. You could definitely spend a lot of time growing control over a settlement.

_

Best way to do an insurrection without people hating you?

Best way to change people's opinions on you?

What do tributes gift my faction? Where do they go?

How do I assign, if possible, certain hearthspeople to locations?

Do ALL of my factions, my 10 factions, belong to a major faction? They're my factions owned only be me. Is it possible to just claim a site for one faction instead of making more each time?

hbmonk

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4641 on: April 05, 2019, 05:23:29 am »

I just started Adventure Mode. My lord gave me a quest but when i asked where it was she said "X is well-traveled and would probably have the information". When I ask where X is, she says "We are in Y. I'm not sure exactly where to look." Everyone in town says that. When I ask about X, they say she's their neighbor (one person said X is their aunt). I'm pretty certain I've talked to everyone in town and X is nowhere to be found.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2019, 05:40:20 am by hbmonk »

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4642 on: April 07, 2019, 05:18:07 pm »

I just started Adventure Mode. My lord gave me a quest but when i asked where it was she said "X is well-traveled and would probably have the information". When I ask where X is, she says "We are in Y. I'm not sure exactly where to look." Everyone in town says that. When I ask about X, they say she's their neighbor (one person said X is their aunt). I'm pretty certain I've talked to everyone in town and X is nowhere to be found.

Problem is historical fig X occasionally mills around the site. You can load/offload to kinda reset NPC positions via switching to fast/slow travel or sleep/wait so they either end up in a tavern or the keep. It's much worse with a fort.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2019, 05:22:51 pm by peasant cretin »

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4643 on: April 13, 2019, 12:28:15 am »

My adventurer has 12 companions, 2 of them recruited normally, the rest being rescued from an army marching on their land. Upon asking, they don't know where they want to be taken. What do I do?

Magistrum

• Bay Watcher
  • Skilled Fortresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #4644 on: April 13, 2019, 08:15:04 am »

If they do not have a family to be returned to you can leave them at the nearest city, but if I remember correctly you don't get the fame bonus. And them again, what is the point of adventuring if you can't become rich and famous, right?

Doing the right thing? Pffft.
In a time before time, I had a name.

methylatedspirit

• Bay Watcher
  • it/its
    • View Profile
« Reply #4645 on: April 13, 2019, 08:27:40 am »

Welp, my adventure seems to consist entirely of random acts of violence towards animals, so becoming rich and famous is an afterthought. Then again, they're basically homing meatshields, so I'd probably be losing something were I to drop them off.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #4646 on: April 15, 2019, 05:39:53 pm »

Have you considered murder?
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4647 on: April 30, 2019, 09:16:02 pm »

I am part of a settlement that apperantly consists only of the ringleader and his child. I ask about the local surroundings and they say wait till I get home. Also there is a beast I have to kill and an item I have to find but they both don’t know where either of them are at or anyone that can help. I an the ringleader’s lliutenant. Also i have a spear so which is bette, stabbing or bashing?

Flying Teasets

• Bay Watcher
  • another nation, or a non-governmental entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #4648 on: May 04, 2019, 03:37:18 pm »

What can I do if worldgen spawns a building's only door inside a hill?
Not here at the moment

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4649 on: May 05, 2019, 03:28:23 pm »

How do you kill the small animals you ick up?
Pages: 1 ... 308 309 [310] 311 312 ... 327