Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 615993 times)

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4665 on: May 26, 2019, 04:21:15 pm »

thanks

zhamz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4666 on: May 27, 2019, 04:23:20 pm »

Looking for a brief list of crafting labors that can be done in Adventure

From 'x' key I know you can Bone carve, butcher, write poems etc..
I see you can fell trees.

Can you tan hides? Leatherworking? Blacksmithing? Cooking? Make bolts or arrows?

What sort of crafting is possible? No need for big explanation just a brief list of whats possible (vanilla no mods).

« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 04:42:01 pm by zhamz »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4667 on: May 27, 2019, 09:14:47 pm »

I am looking at my character's description, how do I learn more about the deity I worship?

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4668 on: May 27, 2019, 10:07:55 pm »

I'm not sure if there's a way to do so in Adventure Mode. You could retire the character and take a peek in Legends, perhaps?
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4669 on: May 27, 2019, 10:12:58 pm »

thanks.
Unrelated question: I checked the wiki about sneaking, but I didn't find what it means if the vision cone is blue or purple on the sneak page. I remember finding it somewhere on the adventure mode page but forgot which one is z level down and which is z level up. Can anyone help with this?

Edit: Never mind, blue means above red is same, purple is below. I should add this to the sneak page in the adventurer mode section.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 10:17:01 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

zhamz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4670 on: May 28, 2019, 09:00:56 am »

I am looking at my character's description, how do I learn more about the deity I worship?

Usually its in their somewhere (z key, d key).  Either it says straight up 'is a worshiper of Igs Oilgorge...' or it says 'unfocused from being unable to pray to Igs Oilgorge...'

Also if you go into quest menu (Q key) and then to people (p key) then somewhere in that list it will list your Diety and say 'you worship this figure.' Its not highlighted it just somewhere in the list.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4671 on: May 28, 2019, 09:21:05 am »

Usually its in their somewhere (z key, d key).  Either it says straight up 'is a worshiper of Igs Oilgorge...' or it says 'unfocused from being unable to pray to Igs Oilgorge...'

Also if you go into quest menu (Q key) and then to people (p key) then somewhere in that list it will list your Diety and say 'you worship this figure.' Its not highlighted it just somewhere in the list.

I was asking more about like if my deity is of jewels, or fortresses or something, but thanks for the info

zhamz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4672 on: May 28, 2019, 09:35:58 am »

I was asking more about like if my deity is of jewels, or fortresses or something, but thanks for the info

OK.  Get some bone, get a knife, carve a figurine. Choose a historical figure, (f key) filter, find your deity.  When you have your deity selected then the bottom of the screen will tell you about the deity before you carve.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 09:37:43 am by zhamz »

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4673 on: May 28, 2019, 10:40:28 am »

OK.  Get some bone, get a knife, carve a figurine. Choose a historical figure, (f key) filter, find your deity.  When you have your deity selected then the bottom of the screen will tell you about the deity before you carve.

Thank you.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4674 on: May 28, 2019, 01:12:34 pm »

How do you figure out or change where the compass ponts?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4675 on: May 28, 2019, 02:24:34 pm »

I learned that superior recuperation makes it so I'm not hungry or thirst very often

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4676 on: May 28, 2019, 03:32:51 pm »

How do you figure out or change where the compass ponts?

Have to guesstimate using the world and regional maps and the symbols listed to figure out want it's actually pointing you at

It's pointing you towards the 8 nearest sites, iirc. The directions are in cardinal directions terms, so SSE refers to "south, south-east" or "south east, more south than east." Asterisks means you're right in the middle of the site, white or bright green means you're pretty close to it, it fades out to gray or dark gray at many map tiles distance.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 03:39:04 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4677 on: May 28, 2019, 04:11:05 pm »

I learned that superior recuperation makes it so I'm not hungry or thirst very often

What, for real? I use that as a dump stat I need to stop that immediately.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #4678 on: May 28, 2019, 06:17:51 pm »

IIRC, it has something to do with fat gain as well.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?

peasant cretin

• Bay Watcher
  • [MEANDERER][GNAWER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4679 on: May 28, 2019, 06:25:21 pm »

IIRC, it has something to do with fat gain as well.

Think that's disease resistance. If you start a character with high disease resistance, you'll notice all build types have minimal fat. Use disease resistance as a dumpstat and you get lardiness for every description that mentions build type.

For recup, I think Uzu Bash mentioned its uses here.
Pages: 1 ... 310 311 [312] 313 314 ... 327