Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608266 times)

Superdorf

• Bay Watcher
  • Soothly we live in mighty years!
    • View Profile
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4725 on: August 16, 2019, 02:20:32 pm »

Naming a weapon will indeed prevent it from accumulating further wear, though it won't remove existing wear.
Falling angel met the rising ape, and the sound it made was

klonk
tormenting the player is important
Sigtext

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4726 on: August 18, 2019, 08:56:40 pm »

Is morale and conversation fixed? The last time I played adventure mode I had a few problems:

- All NPCs would start crying and not defend themselves at all during combat

- Pages and pages of conversation messages between NPCs made it really hard to do anything in towns
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4727 on: August 18, 2019, 09:05:10 pm »

Is morale and conversation fixed? The last time I played adventure mode I had a few problems:

- All NPCs would start crying and not defend themselves at all during combat

- Pages and pages of conversation messages between NPCs made it really hard to do anything in towns
If you are in a building you should only hear NPCs from that building, plus things directed st you are bolded

ulf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4728 on: September 11, 2019, 05:43:27 am »

Been trying my hand as a hippyelf, and I'm wondering if there is a way to actually follow the ethics of the hippycivilizations. By that I mean, can you actually pray to forces somehow (like you can to dwarven gods)? And can you acuire wood without harming innocent trees?

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4729 on: September 27, 2019, 11:43:59 am »

Does anyone remember the last version where morale and loyalty and stuff weren't entirely broken in adventure? Like where you could actually fight bandits or where killing vampires didn't make you a murderer? I have a feeling it happened in the 0.42 transition so the last would I guess be 0.40.24 but it might not have happened until the 0.43 transition, making it 0.42.06. Anybody remember?

Edit: Just tried 0.42.06 and it doesn't even run anymore at least on linux, probably because it's expecting 3 year old dependencies, so I guess this doesn't matter to me. I just miss the old days of adventure mode where there were things to fight other than megabeasts and random animals. Like, at the moment, you can walk into a bandit camp and nothing happens, then you can kill one of the bandits and maybe a couple of his pals are like "oh im sad" but still nothing happens. You could hunt down vampires before, and now they're just allowed to wander around freely. Adventure mode literally doesn't work anymore and hasn't for several years now and since I really only played adventure mode that means the entire game is broken for me.

has toady said anything about this BS being on his radar for improvements?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 11:52:10 am by oh »

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4730 on: September 27, 2019, 12:23:40 pm »

The vampire stuff definitely is an issue, yeah - I recall it still working during 40.x where vampires would actually turn hostile when exposed and nearby villagers would start attacking them - the main problem with bandits seems to be that the AI doesn't have a reaction for responding to nearby sounds (like the sound of fighting) - so most of the time the reason bandits dont fight as a group is because they just don't actually see you fighting anyone. Don't remember if its on the radar for being fixed next update, we'll have to see.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of the randomly generated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4731 on: September 27, 2019, 02:31:00 pm »

Rescuing children is broken too. It only worked for like one version.  :'(

oh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4732 on: September 27, 2019, 09:16:18 pm »

The vampire stuff definitely is an issue, yeah - I recall it still working during 40.x where vampires would actually turn hostile when exposed and nearby villagers would start attacking them - the main problem with bandits seems to be that the AI doesn't have a reaction for responding to nearby sounds (like the sound of fighting) - so most of the time the reason bandits dont fight as a group is because they just don't actually see you fighting anyone. Don't remember if its on the radar for being fixed next update, we'll have to see.

Bandits also ordinarily don't aggro you. They just get friendly and chat with you even if you walk into sight. The only bandits that aggro you are the ones harassing hamlets. The goblins that patrol outside dark pits and towers also don't aggro anymore in my experience.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2019, 09:40:36 pm by oh »

Pvt. Pirate

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Linux User
    • View Profile
« Reply #4733 on: September 28, 2019, 07:30:53 am »

Does anyone remember the last version where morale and loyalty and stuff weren't entirely broken in adventure? Like where you could actually fight bandits or where killing vampires didn't make you a murderer? I have a feeling it happened in the 0.42 transition so the last would I guess be 0.40.24 but it might not have happened until the 0.43 transition, making it 0.42.06. Anybody remember?

Edit: Just tried 0.42.06 and it doesn't even run anymore at least on linux, probably because it's expecting 3 year old dependencies, so I guess this doesn't matter to me. I just miss the old days of adventure mode where there were things to fight other than megabeasts and random animals. Like, at the moment, you can walk into a bandit camp and nothing happens, then you can kill one of the bandits and maybe a couple of his pals are like "oh im sad" but still nothing happens. You could hunt down vampires before, and now they're just allowed to wander around freely. Adventure mode literally doesn't work anymore and hasn't for several years now and since I really only played adventure mode that means the entire game is broken for me.

has toady said anything about this BS being on his radar for improvements?

i can't tell for adv. mode, but in 44.12 they reintroduced the dwarven psyche and needs. i use 44.09 because of that.
"dwarves are by definition alcohol powered parasitic beards, which will cling to small caveadapt humanoids." (Chaia)

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4734 on: October 06, 2019, 10:31:45 pm »

any tips for surviving gcs encounters in adventure mode?  turns out a named one is now roaming the surface in my world.  "tank the webs, let my companion get the kill" as a panic strategy backfired spectacularly when my companion decided there were other places he would rather be, and just ran off

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4735 on: October 07, 2019, 07:10:57 pm »

Bow or crossbow. Also grab some companions as distractions and meat shields.

Garfunkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4736 on: October 08, 2019, 05:30:06 pm »

I've heard that it is possible to switch between Fortress mode and Adventurer mode on the fly via using DFHack but all my Googling attempts only bring up really old and obsolete results, and the Wiki doesn't have any guidance on this either. I have never played Adventure mode before but I would be interested in it if I could dynamically have one of my dwarves adventure out from the fort and then return, without having to retire-reclaim the fort as that brings up bunch of issues.

TheFlame52

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4737 on: October 08, 2019, 06:59:38 pm »

It's the changemode command. Switch from fortress -> arena -> take control of a creature -> switch to adventure mode. Works in reverse in a similar way.

scourge728

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4738 on: October 11, 2019, 01:55:45 pm »

Can adventurer vampires drink blood from things like cows and dogs and such?

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4739 on: October 11, 2019, 01:56:34 pm »

Don't know, possibly
Pages: 1 ... 314 315 [316] 317 318 ... 327