Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 327

Author Topic: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread  (Read 608321 times)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
Re: Adventure Mode Little Questions Thread
« Reply #4740 on: October 11, 2019, 02:05:37 pm »

You can, gotta knock them unconscious first though (i.e by strangling).

Eschar

• Bay Watcher
  • hello
    • View Profile
« Reply #4741 on: October 11, 2019, 05:13:45 pm »

And do not do it when there is any possibility of being observed. So probably at night when everyone is asleep.

Malikan

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4742 on: October 18, 2019, 11:11:47 pm »

I got a cause trouble agreement from my lord for a kobold civilisation/site. I went there and killed some kobolds, hurt some others but left them alive, then went back to the lord and told him about these incidents but it didn't register as complete. Doing some googling I cannot really find evidence that anyone has completed this quest, but toady says it can be done by causing conflict.. Does anyone know/have experience with causing the right kind of conflict and getting it marked as complete?

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4743 on: October 19, 2019, 03:10:32 am »

I haven't personally seen anyone else complete it either - I've seen that quest type before as well but the criteria for it aren't really clear - I don't think I was able to complete it even when I'd go to a village and only beat up people non-lethally.

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4744 on: October 19, 2019, 08:05:13 pm »

toady says it can be done by causing conflict..

"causing conflict" hey... you might be able to do this by persuading a bunch of the locals to adopt strong beliefs in disagreement with each other (which they'll then argue/fight amongst themselves about)?  or by talking some of the locals into starting an insurrection against their leader?

though kobolds can't talk afaik, so you might be sol here

if you just walk in swinging your fists/axe you're going to unite them (against you), which seems like the opposite of "causing conflict"

McFeel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4745 on: November 03, 2019, 03:10:53 am »

Hello, I played a lot DF 34.11, and in adventure mode I was ambushed all the time, wolves, bears, dingos, dozens of goblins... it was pretty fun. 10 days have passed in my modded world, and I haven't been ambushed :(. I use [BANDITRY:X] in all the entities, and in some [LOCAL_BANDITRY]. I haven't neither receiver the you feel uneasy, because I have 0 observer skill.

Untrustedlife

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Website
« Reply #4746 on: November 03, 2019, 03:52:01 pm »

The asterisks on the map are moving creatures/groups of creatures, and also i have been ambushed even without the asterisks. So look for those.

I meant to quote you.
I am an indie game dev!
My Roguelike! With randomly generated creatures Roguelegends: Dark Realms
My Turn Based Strategy game! Which you can buy on steam now!DR4X
My website untrustedlife.com

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #4747 on: November 03, 2019, 04:59:00 pm »

You'll still get ambushes from local predatory non-notable animals every once in a while in current versions. Should definitely happen more often in modded worlds.
The BANDITRY token only means there'll be a percentage of that civ's population as bandits - they only seem to send out small patrol crews to wander the local area but not much else. [LOCAL_BANDITRY] seems really buggy though, so I wouldn't use it - even if you're from the civ that has a LOCAL_BANDITRY token the patrols that aren't from your hometown will attack you regardless.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4748 on: November 12, 2019, 05:49:43 am »

How should I find my way around worldgen dwarf forts? They're confusing subterranean mazes, I spent like 30 minutes trying to get out of one of them yesterday, it felt like the entrance only led to an underground cave? Am I looking in the wrong places?

Also, what is your gameplay loop to get intel on surrounding areas/interesting stuff/factions? Ever since 40.24 (or whatever number was the dialogue update) I'm a little confused about some stuff. I always ask about trouble, but is that all there is to adventure mode still? just killing mobs? I'm sure I'm not seeing the full scope of things.
Dabbling Overseer

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4749 on: November 12, 2019, 08:50:16 am »

How should I find my way around worldgen dwarf forts? They're confusing subterranean mazes, I spent like 30 minutes trying to get out of one of them yesterday, it felt like the entrance only led to an underground cave? Am I looking in the wrong places?

Also, what is your gameplay loop to get intel on surrounding areas/interesting stuff/factions? Ever since 40.24 (or whatever number was the dialogue update) I'm a little confused about some stuff. I always ask about trouble, but is that all there is to adventure mode still? just killing mobs? I'm sure I'm not seeing the full scope of things.
I’m stuck in a fort as well

Silverwing235

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4750 on: November 12, 2019, 09:13:37 am »

I’m stuck in a fort as well

Well, sorry to hear that for both of you. The only solution I can really offer to that particular problem myself is over here.

Ragnarock

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4751 on: November 12, 2019, 09:37:52 am »

Thanks, I should have known something put it on the wiki. Will let ya know if I manage to escape this hellhole  8)
Dabbling Overseer

HungThir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4752 on: November 16, 2019, 04:32:51 am »

you might just be able to fast travel outta there, esp if it has an underground road connection

Naturegirl1999

• Bay Watcher
  • Thank you TamerVirus for the avatar switcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4753 on: November 16, 2019, 05:37:36 am »

I don’t think fast travel works underground, also falling asleep in a fort can have you wake up in a cave, which I found out the hard way, apparently retiring that adventurer and coming back later caused her to find the way back when I was gone, so now I have to try and find a way to the surface
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 05:30:19 pm by Naturegirl1999 »

DoubleG

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4754 on: November 18, 2019, 05:20:50 pm »

I am seeking to set up a perfect dwarf fortress embark. I've got some good world gen settings that are giving me lots of suitable sites, but the one thing they are lacking is a Necromancer Tower nearby. Does anyone know if it is possible to start an adventure mode character, learn necromancy and build your own tower? Would that construction register as a tower for Fortress mode? Is there any way to do this?
Pages: 1 ... 315 316 [317] 318 319 ... 327